1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

New Who Framed Roger Rabbit DVD with extras!!March 25!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zack the Dog, Mar 18, 2003.

1. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Actually, I meant Felix would speak with a big Word balloon. In the old Felix the cat theatrical cartoons, Felix did not speak aloud, but a word Bubble with what he said was in the really old cartoons. Sort of a Silent film thing, Windsor McCay did this sort of thing alot in his films.

And incidentally, when DID Woody Woodpecker come out? I could have swarn he was around that time, but I could be wrong. All I know is that Mel Blanc did his voicew in the early shorts, not Walter Lantz's wife (like the rest of them) I'm a cartoon expert, and even I can't remember this...
  2. frogboy4 Inactive Member

I understood ya. I just didn't favor the idea. A sight gag speaks much more than words or word balloons. The animators were skilled enough to pull that off. It's just sad that he wasn't in the film. I'm glad they found a way to stick his image somewhere.
  3. Chilly Down Member

Well, I wasn't going to say anything unless someone mentioned it, but those weren't very good either. :o In fact, they weren't even as good as the cartoons by the newcomers. They felt very tired, the humor fell flat, and they were surprisingly short (4-5 min. instead of the usual 7), as if he had just run out of ideas. Can't say I blame him for that, though. He gave us so much for so long; everyone's bound to run out of steam eventually. I'm glad most people don't remember these and instead remember the rich legacy of so many years of creativity.

He also directed a sequel to "One Froggy Evening," which I haven't seen, but I don't really want to, either.

Back to Roger. Another thing(s) I wish they would have included were two commercials done at the time, one for McDonald's and one for Diet Coke. Usually commercial tie-ins are worthless, but in this case new animation was actually produced. In the McDonald's ad, the surprised McD's employee hands the drinks to lovebirds Roger and Jessica in the back seat, who fall into each other when the limo takes off suddenly. The second featured Eddie discovering Roger in disguise at the Ink & Paint Club, to watch Jessica perform...and to have a Diet Coke, of course. When she blows a kiss, it sticks to the side of the can. Roger says, "She's enough to drive a 'toon looney!" (At least some animation from the movie was reused for this one, but it plays like a neat "extra scene.") Anyway, that's just more quibbling.
  4. frogboy4 Inactive Member

I wonder why they couldn't get McDonnalds or Diet Coke on board. Okay, they are kind of icky products for my standards, but the commercials were great and would have fit beautifully. They could have even gotten some money from Coke and McDs. :confused:
  5. Zack the Dog Active Member

Oh just thinking of Beaky and Goofy, there was a sceen that either was cut out or just a story bourd idea, i think it plays into the part of Eddie being chased by the ugly Hyhena lady, i guess there was going to be more to the chase and eddie runs into to dummy school, i think it said goofys school for dummies, this was on some drawing in the gallerys by the way, well it showed Dopey dwarf, beaky buzzered and a few other toons with dunce hats on, so an idea was thought up off like that!:)

Zack)Rowlf the, good memory Dog.
  6. Crazy Harry New Member

I guess everyone has to hit a rut in there carear, he's just lucky it happened after he was already considered one of the greatest.
    Good point, I'm going to go pop in my VHS of old Roadrunner cartoons.

Now back to our regularly scedualed topic...
  7. Beauregard Well-Known Member

Run Rabit, Run Rabbit, run, run, run, run, herre comes the farmer with his gun, gun, gun, he wants you...
  8. BEEP BEEP!
  9. Fozzie Bear Moderator

I bought my DVD's last night!!! YAY!!

Now, I just have to find time to watch them. I've only seen 3 of my 15 TMS DVD's.
  10. Super Scooter New Member

11. Zack the Dog Active Member

Kevin you should stay up late all night long this weekend watching everyting...by the time you are done you should look like Fozzie in the arvtar you have now;) LOL!

Zack)Rowlf the, I sugest watching the shorts first!Dog.
  12. Fozzie Bear Moderator

DId you say 'watch the shorts' or 'wash the shorts' :confused: I'll take your advice and watch the shorts first, then I'll wash 'em.

I can't stay up more than I already do. I'm dying. Lots of drama and junk in my world, dude. That, and I'm an insomniac. Knowing my luck, I'll probably be dead before I'm 30.

Oh wait.

I AM 30!!

*Rolls eyes back in head and falls to floor.*
    KLUNK!
  13. Zack the Dog Active Member

I'm sorry to hear that Kevin, hope your ok, don't die on us!!!:sympathy:

ANISETEDIC! * Wacks Kevin over the head with a large mallot (too much Roger Rabbit I guess?) then zaps Kevin with the shocky things*

speak to us!pleeeeeeease!!!!

i'm glad to know that this Byron rally is over for you, i mean he washes his clothes right? j/k

Zack)Rowlf the, well your saving all the fun for another day! so it's better this way by watching the dvd's over time,Dog.
  14. Fozzie Bear Moderator

*Zombie Foz Sez*

Yeah, you're right. I'll just save them for another day.
  15. Zack the Dog Active Member

Or you could put honey on the the DVD's and eat them later for a snack.....

Zack)Rowlf the, perhaps i should have saved that line for the random thread?...Dog.
  16. Fozzie Bear Moderator

I tried that and it broke out my teeth!!--->:o
  17. Zack the Dog Active Member

...Whoops!...Well, umm, look at it this way, No more dentist bills!:D

Zack)Rowlf the, Dog
  18. Fozzie Bear Moderator

Still haven't seen it yet. I think either my TV or DVD player is a mess.

The TV will make sounds first, and show the DVD pictures, but there is no sound from the DVD's that I play. None of them.:cry:
  19. Zack the Dog Active Member

Hey Kevin, i really have no knowage on this subject, i have had problems with stuff like this all the time! it's because i don't know how to work anything.lol.

have dvd's worked on it before? i play my dvd's on my computer because it has a DVD player on it, i also have a playstation 2 but it's hooked up to a old VCR and connected to a cheep tv, so it plays games, but i guess it can't read dvd's because the vcr's old and there is no place to hook it to the tv. that's what people have told me...what i get when play them is the sound, but it switches from the movie to blue screen while the sound is still playing also the brightness goes up and down. luckly i have a dvd player on my comp so for that day dose come when i get a dvd player.

I hope you can get yours working

Zack)Rowlf the, everything always breaks....Dog.
  20. Fozzie Bear Moderator

I dunno what to do 'bout it. I just decided I'd wait til today, because that was last night, and maybe the tv and dvd player were hot or tired.

So, I let 'em rest.