New Year's Resolutions

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
jediX said:
Anyway, my resolution is to finally read the Lord of the Rings series and stop putting it off like I've been doing for the past 5 or so years.
I'm going to read it this year. LOTR is an odd thing with me. I've never actually read it myself - actually, I did read Fellowship - but my dad read the whole book to me in middle school, and I've known at least part of the story for as long as I can remember. The book is an integral part of who I am, and I always consider myself to have read it, but I never officially did. I'm going to reread The Hobbit first then move on to Lord of the Rings. I realized there were parts of Two Towers and Return of the King that I barely remembered at all. I'm still in a post-Return of the King haze, and I think I'm going to have to see it at least once more in the theater. Hm, my real resolution? Find a Hobbiton! I've always been a Child of the Shire, and doggone it, there've gotta be places like that left *somehwere*!!! I mean, Rivendell is one thing, but Hobbiton or Buckland? Now that's not so far-fetched... :halo:
Erin

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
jediX said:
Anyway, my resolution is to finally read the Lord of the Rings series
i think i read somewhere that those books are good, but they tend to get a little weird and people start to get confuse while reading it.

ryan

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
They're definitely intense, and all the history and such can bog you down a bit. And all that Elvish was a bit of a hurdle when my dad was reading it to me. :stick_out_tongue:
Erin

jediX

Reaction score
Well, I've done my research and know most of the stuff now, it's just the weird names that get me.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I think it's a lot easier if you don't have to read it out loud. :wink: I remember when I first read The Hobbit in first grade, and that was before I was reading things silently. I read the whole thing out loud to myself, and Riddles in the Dark took me FOOORRREEEEVVVEEER and I had quite a sore throat afterwards from Gollum's voice!!
Erin

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
jediX said:
Sarah, what's OSSM?
The Oklahoma School of Science and Mathmatics. It's a residential high school I would really like to go to, but they only accept around 75 people from the state each year.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
wish i was as smart as you sarah........sounds like an interesting school

ryan

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
it would be really cool to get in, my real fear is my ACT scores (which I get back middle of this month!) AHH

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
your new years resolution, if your act scores aren't that high, then get them up there woman!

ryan

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
ryhoyarbie said:
your new years resolution, if your act scores aren't that high, then get them up there woman!

ryan
*laughs* well this test is my only shot unless I get to interviews, then I have one more shot on the Feb tests