Next Looney Tunes DVD set cartoon list up!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Unfortunately, you really can't avoid the double dip, especially since all of the "mainstream" cartoons got released already (mainly Bugs and Daffy shorts).

I'd actually like to see something along the lines of what Disney's doing with the WDT line; that is, collector's tins based around a particular character or subject matter. Heck, Jerry Beck could be the Leonard Maltin of the "Looney Tunes Treasures"!

BJ
As far as I could tell with the Golden Collections, there is only one repeat. And that's because the cartoon was done in in black and white, then in color (I actually don't think it's an exact repeat, though. some stuff might be changed in it). I believe Porky in Wackyland appears twice, maybe under a different name, though.

I would really like to see Looney Tunes character collections released, like the Disney Treasures line. I'd be a little more choosey about what I was picking up than with the Golden Collections, though, which might be why they didn't do that in the first place. The main collections I'd probably get would be Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, and a "war time" collection, if they were to release it (the cartoons that came out during World War Two are some of my favorites).

I think the best (and I say best because it would be best for Warner Bros. financially) way to approach it would be collections by director. They all covered the major characters, so people would end up buying the whole collection. If they did it that way, the only one I might not get would be Bob McKimson... I respect his artistry, but his cartoons aren't among my favorites. Though he's probably not always the funniest, Friz Freleng's work is always top notch. Chuck Jones is the most popular, but to me, nothing beats Clampett's work. He makes the funniest Looney Tunes, I think.

The ideal way to release them, in my opinion, would either be by character or by year(s). Say, collections that cover about five years or so each.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
The main collections I'd probably get would be Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, and a "war time" collection, if they were to release it (the cartoons that came out during World War Two are some of my favorites).
You mean like the "Operation Snafu" Cartoons?

Super Scooter

Reaction score
You mean like the "Operation Snafu" Cartoons?
Well, yes, those too, but I was mainly referring to the regular Looney Tunes made during that time, like Draftee Daffy and that sort of thing. I like the animation style in those, and Bob Clampett was still a big part of the studio. The humor in those is a little different, too.

It was at that time that Bugs was being introduced, too. Just overall, between 1938 and probably 1945, I think they did some of their best work.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
It was at that time that Bugs was being introduced, too. Just overall, between 1938 and probably 1945, I think they did some of their best work.
It's funny because I really like the Hocombe Hare cartoons a lot!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'd like to see a best of Cool Cat Collection. But it's so small, it could be released in attatched to a cereal box. Wocka Wocka.

A collections set, sort of like the Droopy collection, based on various different characters would be a great way to continue the DVD's, though.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
A collections set, sort of like the Droopy collection, based on various different characters would be a great way to continue the DVD's, though.
Yeah, I think that'd be the best way to do it. Except that Looney Tunes has far more one-shot characters than Disney cartoons. Would you bundle them into their own collection? Or maybe include them as special features?

Character box sets in chronological order would be great, though.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, I think that'd be the best way to do it. Except that Looney Tunes has far more one-shot characters than Disney cartoons. Would you bundle them into their own collection? Or maybe include them as special features?

Bundle, of course. There are quite a bit of one shots I ould care less about anyway.