1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Next Muppet Replicas: Gonzo, Animal

Discussion in 'Muppet Replicas' started by Was Once Ernie, Jul 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

Kermit's eyes along with alot of the Muppet eyes, do have material glued onto the eyeball.We are used to seeing all the toys that have painted pupils.I suppose it is material so that when the studio lights hit the eyes, the black part wont reflect.
  2. Bear Man

Bear Man Member

Glad to hear that Gonzo's planned...I'll end up getting him but think I'll leave Animal on the shelf. Very sad though that Fozzie still seems a long way off in the distance. If I don't get that bear (even if it needs to be from the waist up becasue of size and cost issues) I'm going to be VERY upset...
  3. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I wonder if any of the live-hand characters (Fozzie, Rowlf, etc) will be made.
  4. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

AWESOME NEWS!! Of course, I will have to buy two: One to display and one to blow out of cannons!

While at SDCC, Earl, don't forget to hit booth 2449 to meet my buddies Antone Wade and Adam Shaw and their wives, Janet and Penny (respectively). They are on the Con-Sequential board of directors, too.
  5. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

As I recall, the real one is, too.
  6. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

Yeah, the pupils of the puppet are flocked. Most is not all pupils are on the muppets. It's just easier that way. If they want to make a character cross eyed they don't need to put all new eyes on it. I would assumed the whites of the eyes weren't flocked though.
  7. Stulz

Stulz Member

whites of his eyes...

Yeah. The whites of his eyes are not flocked.
  8. Was Once Ernie

Was Once Ernie New Member

I don't know if the pupils are actually flocked on the puppets, but they are definitely material that is either glued or put on with double stick tape, and thus has a texture and density to it. I always thought they were made of felt.

I don't know why Stulz was disappointed, but I think the Master Replicas Kermit looks better than some of the real posers! Especially that overstuffed Kermit that's on the inside of The Muppet Show Season 1 box set.

Oh, and Fozzie, I did forget to look for your friends... but then, the exhibit floor was so crowded this year, I didn't spend a lot of time down there.

:p
  9. Stulz

Stulz Member

MR Kermit

Appearenlty both of the Kermit's on display @ Comic-Con had been passed around a few times and therefore (while not torn aprt or horrible looking) aren't in the best shape possible.

That's all.

:)
  10. Was Once Ernie

I don't know that the one in the display case had been played with, but I got to the other one before anyone had touched it. The picture I posted on my website is from Wednesday, before anyone else was even allowed into the hall. When I saw that Kermit several days later, he was not looking great. That is why I pointed out that these are not toys. Yes, they can be posed and reposed many times, but they are not meant to be handled as you would a toy. They are a collectible item and should be cared for as such.

11. Was Once Ernie

Here is another picture I took at the San Diego Comic-Con. WARNING: This is a large picture!

I don't know how they could have made him better than this!

12. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

They really need to take some kind of class on posing. It's not that great a pose, but it is a great poser. No matter how good they make the Kermit, it's still the responsibility of the consumer to pose it right.
  13. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour New Member

this is amazing news! The only thing is I think animal would look better with his spikes on from the muppet movie.
    I also have concern for piggy when and if she gets made.
  14. King Prawn

King Prawn New Member

I was actually really looking forward to Animal next and hoping that Piggy would come after but still :concern: cool, I'll be getting him for sure though I wouldn't have minded many others before him but it makes sense to do all the smaller main Muppet characters before getting to say Fozzie or Piggy if they ever get to them.
  15. MRCUSTOMERCARE

MRCUSTOMERCARE New Member

Hello

Hello Everyone!

We are very glad to hear you are excited about Gonzo! I know we are! And those of you looking for Animal and Miss Piggy, we are definately in discussions about them. I cannot say one way or the other if we will definately do them but if things go well with Kermit and Gonzo, I am sure it will happen.

Very truly yours,

Amy L. Blanchard
    Customer Care/Collectors Society Manager
  16. Rugby

Rugby Member

Hi everyone! Just ordered my Kermit online! (Got it for $183 w/shipping) I just found out about this photo replica Kermit the other day and had to order one. I can't believe it! It seems too good to be true. What an awesome collectible for muppet fans. This is what I've been dreaming of since I was a kid. This is as close to the real thing you can get! Somebody slap me!

I am so stoked to find out about the possibility of them making an Animal! I mean, who wouldn't be??? I was talking with my brothers who are also muppet fans and we speculated that a Gonzo would be next and it turns out we were right as I have read in this very thread. And then we talked about how cool it would be to have an Animal replica. Thanks MR! Keep up the awesome work and keep those muppets coming!

How cool would an actual puppet replica line be? I know that's not likely, but a guy can dream, can't he? :)
  17. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Those are quite nice replicas!
  18. Rugby

Rugby Member

All I know is that if the 'allergic reaction to bee sting' Kermit shows up at the door step, I am going to be very disappointed. The MR prototype as it stands right now blows the muppet workshop's own posable out of the water in terms of likeness to the actual puppet version. I can't wait for this baby to arrive.
  19. Douglas Fir

Douglas Fir New Member

It's nice to hear they're going to be doing these in their Muppet Show versions but does that mean characters like Pepe are completely out of the question?
  20. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

Well I would expect that these will be focused on JUSt the main classic characters. Kermit, Animal, Piggy, Gonzo, Fozzie, all those are names anyone will know. I don't know if there are enough people who are interested in a Pepe replica that could run 200 dollars or more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.