1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Next Muppet Replicas: Gonzo, Animal

Discussion in 'Muppet Replicas' started by Was Once Ernie, Jul 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Davina

Davina Member

hubby and i want Pepe too.. if it helps.. hehehee :)
  2. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

I just don't see Pepe selling at over 200 dollars. He is smaller than Kermit though so he might not be that much, but who really knows how sizes plays into the price of puppet replicas.
  3. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour New Member

I wouldn't pay 200 for Pepe but I know allot of people including myself who would pay atleast 150.00 or around that for him and smaller muppets like Rizzo.
  4. BigDumbWookiee

BigDumbWookiee New Member

Here's hoping the Muppet line gets enough support to make it to the likes of Rizzo and Pepe. I'd love to have both of them.
  5. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

Butm Rizzo and Pepe wear clothing. So I think that would counter the savings in size reduction. Robin however could be real cheap, maybe even less than 100.
  6. Davina

Davina Member

oooh... i know who we need.... Statler and Waldorf.. so we can all have our own balconies!! :)

(and, ya know.. if they ever manage to get rights to any of the other lines... my hubby would love to have some doozers... hehehee)
  7. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I am very glad to see it's Gonzo next, and I'll definatly be buying him. I'm just hopeing that they can get the nose right. I mean, of course, if they are using the poser patterns he should be right, but noses of that shape are hard to come by.

As for Piggy, Animal and Fozzie, I can see these coming in at a higher price becuase they (Piggy and Fozzie at least) and almost twice the size of our little green friend. Speaking of little and green, perhaps selling Robin (a much more simple creature) at roughly the same price as the others will counter for selling the Pig and the Bear at the same price standard.

Beau
  8. mrsieve

mrsieve Member

Hi there,

Just imagine how much a Sweetums replica would cost ;)
  9. If they had other licences! I would LOVE to have a
    Gobo
    Mokey
    Wembley
    Boober
    and Red!
    Maybe if we are lucky, if the DVD's sell well enough we could get them!
  10. Davina

Davina Member

hubby wants doozers.. lots and lots of doozers... :)
  11. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

Could we please stick to the topic of Gonzo and not keep posting about getting other licenses and silly what if lists that just list characters? When I see the thread as being new I expect to see some actual news.
  12. Davina

Davina Member

sorry we have annoyed you with out enthusiasm
  13. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Eh? What's going on here?? I for one, haven't been annoyed, so I'm gonna post a little something. It is on topic, but that's not to say anything bad to the few who've been talking about other characters, cuz that's cool too! :excited:

I gotta say, the more I think about it, the more I get excited about having a Gonzo poser in my own house!!! Really can't wait for him, and now, since we have news of Kermit shipping this week, it's even more exciting to start waiting for the next Muppet replica!!

:)
    Anthony
  14. ElecMayhem

ElecMayhem Member

I posted these over the in OTHER Muppet Replica thread, but I thought I would stick them in the Gonzo specific thread, too. First pics of the finished FIRST Gonzo prototype...

First though, some things you should know:

(1) This is the first version -- as you know, things can/will change. The colors on the nose -- always a tricky issue -- are almost certainly NOT final.
    (2) This is NOOOOOT Disney approved yet, and so...well, once again things can/will change.
    (3) There are two types of pics -- those with Gonzo nude (!) and those with clothes. For the most part, I have cropped out the clothes because his little outfit -- while adorable -- is NOT what the final product will be wearing.

Hopefully Kevin will show up here and will be able to provide more details on Gonzo -- I cannot answer your techincal questions.

Okay, check him out...the first (unapproved) pictures of Master Replicas' prototype for The Great Gonzo:

http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/6492/gonzo1to3.jpg
    http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/8919/gonzo2cz7.jpg
    http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/8559/gonzo3wy9.jpg
    http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/9290/gonzo4cp3.jpg
    http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/769/gonzo5pn3.jpg
    http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/6123/gonzo6wf4.jpg
  15. renegade

renegade Member

O Baby sign me up!!!
    What a great job and thanks so much for sharring!!!!
  16. vaderdentist

vaderdentist Member

Very very nice............I had no interest in Gonzo, but this has changed my mind!!!

Dave :)
  17. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

Fantastic.I would be very happy to have him like that.Only thing is that he looks like he has been made out of foam, and I wonder how long he will last before breaking down.Have you looked at other materials that has the same texture but wont break down.I believe there are different strengths of rubber or vinyl(not latex)
  18. The attention to detail is incredible! Any idea what Dave Goelz would think of this replica?
  19. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

Now THIS is what I'm talking about!

Even though the clothes aren't final, can we see them anyway? Perhaps with a stamp over it saying not final?

It looks good. The nose shape looks off, but with all the versions of the nose it'sh ard to really tell. THis is amazing for a first pass though.
  20. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

He looks spectacular!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.