1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Next Muppet Replicas: Gonzo, Animal

Discussion in 'Muppet Replicas' started by Was Once Ernie, Jul 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. antonydavanzo New Member

Its a lot but the way I asee it it will gain a lot in the future......well my order has been done so there is no going back now. Looks like I will have to keep the price hidden from the wife.
  2. CyberSteak New Member

Gotta comment...

Pics on the site look amazing. I'm not sure what people are complaining about. I would love to see more pics though *hint hint*

$400. Ouch. Not to say it isn't worth it as I think it is. Just pricey is all. Likely out of my range.

I'd imagine Gonzo would be cheaper?

Fozzy much more expensive?
  3. Luke Active Member

Yeah the UK price is gonna be a lot,the best thing would be to get a friend in the USA to buy it and then ship it onto you surface mail. That would work out a lot cheaper than buying it from a UK Dealer.

I don't think Animal looks bad at all - from those photos it does look like there is something very slightly off about the top of the head but as has been said, the people making them know the characters so it's probably the photo and about as good as you'll get considering the mass production and the materials. The rest of him is treeeeemendous, although Gonzo is my fave. I think a Rizzo or Beaker would be nice to finish the three and Fozzie is an excellent choice.

Someone mentioned about display cases for these? Has anyone got anywhere good to buy them from - i take it you need to buy something airtight to preserve them.
  4. mrsieve Member

With the rise of Canadian dollar recently, this might help some of us north of the border with welcoming Animal and Gonzo into their homes.
  5. CyberSteak New Member

Yeah, but then we're hit with duty and taxes. But yeah, it'll be cheaper then before.
  6. mrsieve Member

At least Harper reduced the GST by a whole 1%. LOL
  7. BigDumbWookiee New Member

How much bigger is the Fozzie muppet compared to Animal?
  8. tomahawk Member

Height wise, probably the same. Width wise, much bigger.
  9. Bear Man Member

There's a full-body photo of the "Big 5" taken from behind while they're jumping on the stage - should be great for size comparisons...if I could find the rotten thing!
  10. Davina Member

yikes!

ouch this is going to sting,. esp if we've still got gonzo and at least 2 more "big" ones for next year... am really hoping now we get Rizzo and/or Pepe in there next year....
    between buying muppets, saving for adoption, and we need to buy a new pom puppy (our poor little Rocky boy passed away last month from kidney failure..) oldest step daughter expecting a baby, and needing to go visit hubby's mom this year.... $ is gonna be tight for a bit... *sigh*
  11. MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

Bring on Jim Henson photo puppet, that would be great :crazy:
  12. mrsieve Member

Bear Man, I know the picture youre speaking of. I believed the last time I saw it was the main page of Muppet Central.

This picture is the closest (so far) of the Fozzie/Animal height comparison.
    http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/2002
  13. Was Once Ernie New Member

Fozzie does appear to be about the same height as Animal, but he's still way bigger overall:

Fozzie Poser

Note that Kermit would not be standing on the floor in that picture, so don't use it to compare to the height of Kermit, but I did a side by side with the picture Travis put up of the three MR puppets and Fozzie looks about the same height as Animal.

Of course, I'm planning to have Fozzie sit in a full sized director's chair. A display case big enough to house him would take up half a room.

:p
  14. Was Once Ernie New Member

I believe those are the actual puppets, not posers, so you can't use that picture for height comparison. Also, even if they were the posers, they are placed on different levels for the camera. You'd need a picture where Fozzie and Animal were on the same plane for an accurate comparison.

:p
  15. antonydavanzo New Member

I really hope they sort the size of Animals nose out........maybe its the pic but it does look off.
  16. MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

17. SweetumsMonster New Member

Danny, Where did you get that COOL picture, I love it.

Its great to see pics that I have never seen before!

Anyway, here is another picture of the posers, it is great to compare, Kermit, Gonzo, Animal and Fozzie, its actually my mouse mat at the moment!

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f112/KERMIE1/muppetsgroup.jpg

Great news on Animal, his eye lids move AND he comes with spiked collar and leash!

Chris
  18. TheJimHensonHour New Member

yeah theres just all kinds of wackyness going on with his head for me if anyone was to actully put their poser muppet next an actual photo of animal they would notice there is allot thats off.:smirk:
  19. MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

Nice to hear to from you Chris :)

I found that picture on the internet years ago, I can't remember which site it came from.

That's not bad pic you got there Chris :D
  20. antonydavanzo New Member

Very true....I am guessing that posing it better may help but like you said there is something not right with it....dont get me wrong I am loving the fact that us Muppet fans get to own a real cool Muppet collection like this put when I have to part with nearly £400 ($750) for Animal then I do want him to be perfect......PLEASE PLASE FIX THE NOSE.

After looking again it seems that Animal has too much hair on his chin...what do you think?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.