1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Next Muppet Replicas: Gonzo, Animal

Discussion in 'Muppet Replicas' started by Was Once Ernie, Jul 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. ElecMayhem

ElecMayhem Member

I believe it was looked into, and I think the issue with that option was that it made the nose brittle and non-flexible... which meant it could crack, and would not be able to be moved.
  2. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Yesssssssssss! Another vote for Rowlf!
  3. mrsieve

mrsieve Member

I hope Beaker and Bunsen will be looked into for possible future photo replicas.
  4. King Prawn

King Prawn New Member

Great to know Fozzie will one day join my Muppet Replica collection but i'm going to need more room to fit all these in, I mean we'll be getting three more than I had actually expected and I bet 2 of those 3 will be huge if not all 3.

Thanks for the update Travis

:o
  5. doc hopper

doc hopper Member

thanks for all of the updates Travis! you're making things exciting again!
  6. Bear Man

Bear Man Member

Ok - you all heard him...that's a verbal contract - a contract ya hear? If anything happens and that Bear doesn't see the retail light of day we're assembling our attorneys and coming after you!

On a different note, you're looking to make Gonzo's nose flexible? I admire the attention to detail since, apart from the odd twist by another character/guest I can't ever remember seeing his nose move or be posed. Frankly I'd be happy with a non-flexible nose cast in appropriately textured plastic - maybe you guys are making life harder for yourselves than you need to...or maybe I'm just assuming my own preferences belong to everyone else?
  7. rexcrk

rexcrk Active Member

Cool! Fozzie! Not one of my top favorite characters, but still really cool. I'm hoping he looks more like his "Great Muppet Caper era" self than his "Muppets From Space to Muppets Wizard of Oz" self.
  8. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, Rowlf is my favorite after Kermit for sure! Must have him! I'll take Fozzie too though. :)
  9. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

Travis, What are the chances of making Statler and Waldorf? I beleive they arent being considered?
  10. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour New Member

fozzie! amazing news! I agree fozzie around the time of the great muppet caper is the way fozzie should always look.
    And some one I would just die to have is Dr. Teeth:D
  11. lithiumbrain

lithiumbrain Member

I agree...the only time we saw that nose move was when he was running around as a puppet or when he got it all twisted up in an elevator or something...These are "photo puppets" and for display. If MR could find a rigid or non rigid material that by looking at it (not touching it) had that soft, airbrushed and large celled reticulated foam look...I think everyone would be happy. I would rather Gonzo look right than feel right. Also...Thank you Travis for taking time out of your busy schedule to answer questions and such. Oh...has this question already been answered in an earlier post: the price?
    I can imagine Animal and Gonzo will be a lot more than Kermit. Has MR locked that down yet? Also what day can we expect to pre-order? Thanks
  12. Davina

Davina Member

I also back the rigid nose contingent... if it's a matter of stability over time vs degridation in a few years.. i'll live with not being able to twist his nose around.. ;)
  13. SweetumsMonster

SweetumsMonster New Member

Thanks so much for the update.

And an update full of great news!

Animal is looking great, and so is Gonzo too.

Following from the process of Kermit being made, the pics always looked a little off, but in the end he was amazing, Im confident that will be case with Animal, Gonzo and any following photo puppets.

The news of Fozzie is fab news, personally he's not my favourite character, but as a replica he will be fantastic, large, and cuddly just like a giant teddy bear.

With all the speculation on this thread its great to have some positive news, as long as we get the core group of chracters, Kermit, Piggy, Gonzo, Animal, Fozzie, any others will be a bonus, of course Rowlf will be also great, for the same reasons as Fozzie. I am getting very concerned about space to display them. If I lived alone my whole life, they could be all over the place, but I dont and have to be considerate, my passion for Muppets is not shared by anyone else in my family! That said, I will be buying these, one way or another! As they get bigger, posting to the UK I will worry about nearer the time!

Once again, GREAT WORK, I love 'em!

Thanks

Chris
  14. Davina

Davina Member

hehe e i'm lucky, hubby's as much (or darn close) of a fan as I am.. hehhee
  15. MuppetCaper

MuppetCaper Active Member

YEEEESSSSSS! After we got off the forum yesterday, something told me it was going to be Fozzie! I knew it. Now PLEASE, PLEASE make Piggy next and I won't ask anymore. Let's keep the third one a suprise for later! Bring on Piggy (or Scooter!) YEEEEEHAAAAWWWWW. I am dancing in the room! :o
  16. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

AHHHHHHH YESSSSSSS! :excited: :zany: *falls down, waiting for MC member to poor water on him*
  17. Was Once Ernie

Was Once Ernie New Member

I know who one of the other three for 2008 is... I posted it on my blog back in February!

My Name Is Earl Kress

That is not a direct link to the story... you will have to find it on your own!

Don't say I didn't tell you!

:p
  18. MuppetCaper

PIGGY!
  19. MuppetCaper

I remembering going to your sight and reading it. Are you sure? Do you know the third one?
  20. drudo

drudo New Member

I am so glad to hear that definitely Fozzie and quite possibly Piggy are next on the list! they were the top two I was hoping it would be!

The Animal and Gonzo replicas seem to be coming along nicely. I'm definitely picking up Gonzo. I'd really like to have Animal as well, but still not 100% sure about that one financially as he's not at the very top of my list of favorites (though of course I like him...who doesn't?)

Mostly I'm just glad to know that this line is still going ahead, and I hope it continues to be successful!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.