Nicknames!

superfan

Reaction score
Boober_Baby said:
I've had some very... inappropriate nicknames given to me by friends and ex-boyfriends over the years of which I don't think I could type out at a PG forum like this, so I'll move on!

Big D - That's my most prominent nickname... in fact none of my close friends call me by my real name, they usually use this. It was given to me by one of my best friends. Simply explained, my name is Deborah (hence the "D") and I'm actually not big at all, but it makes me sound GANGSTA! Though my guy friends tend to leave the "Big" part out of it (I dunno, it's like they're afraid they'll offend me or something XD) and usually just call me "D".

Shaboobala/Shaboobs - I actually gave this name to myself but it stuck. Usually I use this name when I'm at the bar, perhaps a little tipsy (or moreso XD) and I introduce myself to someone. "Hi, I'm Shaboobala. I'm an African chief." It got shortened to Shaboobs by one of my friends for... obvious reasons. It's weird though, cuz now I'll be walking down the street and here someone yell, "HEY! It's Shaboobala!" Usually I don't remember them. XD
Shaboobala...isn't that Mista Mo from The Buzz?? (I figured you may know since you know...we're from Canada and stuff!)

janicegroupie

Reaction score
I really haven't had many that have stuck. The one that lasted the longest was Oprah because I was in a group in high school where as an icebreasker we had to interview eachother in front of everybody. I was Oprah as I interviewed and the name just stuck. I like Oprah so it's cool. I've also been Kermie because of my love for the Muppets and Star I don't know why that one started.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
My next door neighbors, at the time, used to cal me weezer, back in the early 80s.

Yes, I know weezer is a band too!!

Now people call me moron and idiot and other colorful words I can't mention, epsecially when I'm driving!!!

ryan

F

furryredmonster

Oh, yes, I have the ever popular nickname "Tree Hugger" as well. *rolls eyes*

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
I'm known as Kermit in school and home. Has nothing to do with my name, just my Muppet obsession. :smile:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Well, my friend started calling me Goddard one day. It didnt last long though. Other than that I never really had a nickname.

Thankfully my dad hasnt started calling me Floyd. Hes a bit of a *thinks of nicest word possible*...weirdo and thats something he would do
----
And Effralyo (here) calls me Field-Marshal Floydy.

But anyone here on MC can call me whatever they want :big_grin:

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
Sgt Floyd said:
Thankfully my dad hasnt started calling me Floyd. Hes a bit of a *thinks of nicest word possible*...weirdo and thats something he would do
Perhaps your dad could start calling you Sgt. :stick_out_tongue:

On MC, people call me BeepMorkBeep, MorkBeepMork, MeepBork, Meep, Bork, and basically any combination. If anyone has any better ideas, puhleese share.

Timotheus

Reaction score
superfan said:
Another one of my friends and I recently had a discussion about the heirarchy of animals in the cartoon and children show world. Like why a group of rabbits would go to the zoo. The rabbits can talk and wear clothes, but the wild animals can't. And it went on like that.
(Sorry to go off topic, here, folks!)
I'm suddenly reminded of something Kermit and Fozzie were talking about in the Peter Ustinov ep...
f: how can you compare yourself...to HIM?
k: easy, he puts his pants on one leg at a time, just like I do.
f: but you don't wear pants!
k: well, uh...alright, lets seem him get away with that on telivision.
Anyway, back on nicknames. The nickname I use as my handle was given to me by a high school choir director and music history/theory teacher. He said it was from one of Handel's operas. I think I did run across a recitative(?) by him called "Revenge, Cries Timotheus!" I have yet to see that opera...
Let's see, I think I've also called Frogboy, Doctor (I'm not sure how that one came about, a guitar teacher gave it to me), shakes (because of chronic hand tremors...), poopbutt (an appellation given by my sibling after I called her poophead), Tim the Viking (for my Norsk heritage)...that's about all I can remember.
Tim is what I'm normally called, and y'all are welcome to refer to me in that way.
There is a certain other name I am known by that I could mention, but if you were to call me that I would make your life miserable. But since I don't have time to do that, I'm not going to mention it.

Timotheus

Reaction score
MeepBorkMeep said:
Perhaps your dad could start calling you Sgt. :stick_out_tongue:

On MC, people call me BeepMorkBeep, MorkBeepMork, MeepBork, Meep, Bork, and basically any combination. If anyone has any better ideas, puhleese share.
uhh...BorkBorkBork is a moniker I would be proud to bear if I were you. Borkmeister could work as well. When I refer to someone with a monosyllabic name, I often add "-ness" (it works very well if the name ends in two f's). So...we could call you your Borkness.