No Muppets At Nascar???

SuperGrover

Reaction score
tomahawk

kudos to bobby labonte for wearing a muppets 25th anniversary hat in his interview.
And to Jimmy Spencer for racing with a big plush Animal strapped into his car.

That sounds almost funnier than it was.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I didn't watch much of the race at all, but I'm happy to see the drivers supporting the Muppets regardless!!

LOL!! I bet that one guy even sent OUT for an Animal to put in his car.

So, if the Muppet cars HAD been on the race track, was one of "our" drivers likely the winner of the whole thing?

FOZ

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Nascar Muppet Coverage

I got home late and the 1 commercial I got to see was the one with Dale Jarrett. The 1 thing i like about was that Kermit finally took charge of the situation. I didn't know it was a UPS commercial though.

AruggeRadio

Reaction score
This really irritates me. As many of you may remember I broke the story here at Muppet Central back in February Muppet cars will zoom at NASCAR this summer of the Muppets being involved with this event. I have sense then spent allot of my hard earned money buying up these collectors’ cars just because i thought that it would be exciting the day of the race to see the Muppets and see them involved with this race. Now i get to find out that the event that i had been looking forward to for six months had no Muppet involvement even thought 8 cars had Muppets painted on the hood.

What in the wide world of sports is so dignified about NASCAR that the owners of the track could not allow the Muppets to be involved in this program? It makes no sense they knew there would be 8 cars painted why the heck they didn’t just say "Sure whatever it may be fun." I mean it wasn't like the Muppets just sponsored one car this was on 8 of the 40 cars that participated in the event. Maybe there was something going on there?

I watched the entire 3 plus hour broadcast to see Muppets and now I find out that the owners who were well aware this would be going on would not allow the Muppets to at least be seen in a box seat or something. How ridiculous, maybe that’s why I never watch NASCAR and probably will never again.

CW

SuperGrover

Reaction score
FOZ

Originally posted by FOZZI3B3AR
So, if the Muppet cars HAD been on the race track, was one of "our" drivers likely the winner of the whole thing?
The Swedish Chef car came in 7th place
Kermit & Piggy's car came in 11th
Pepe's car took 18th place
Gonzo's 19th
Rowlf's was 28th
Animal's car was 32nd
Bunsen & Beaker's car came in 34

And.... (brace yourself, Kevin)

Fozzie Bear's car did not finish the race. :eek:

SuperGrover

Reaction score
By the way, I didn't even see The Muppet Show 25 Years Anniversary pace car at all. Did I miss it? :confused: Did anybody see it?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Re: FOZ

Originally posted by SuperGrover
And.... (brace yourself, Kevin) Fozzie Bear's car did not finish the race. :eek:
Oh, well, good grief! Wouldn't that be the way of it. What happened to it? Did it slip on a banana peel???

I'm still VERY irritated by all this and am SO glad that I wasn't one of the few who spent the money on the collector cars...or, actually, because of what's gone on here the cars values may be MORE valuable! AW, GEE! Shot myself in the foot again! :frown:

I feel ArrugeRadio's pain. Somewhat.

It was my understanding that Chicagoland Speedway (Not NASCAR) was the fault behind all this, and that the Muppet cars were ZERO seen, not even the pace car.

Hmph! I'd say let's go pickett the Speedway, but it's too late now.

FOZ

SuperGrover

Reaction score
Originally posted by FOZZI3B3AR
What happened to it? Did it slip on a banana peel???
The heck with that Chicagoland Speedway. I'm hopin' Pepe, Gonzo & the gang made off with the pace car and dragged it all the way down the turnpike in protest! And that THAT's why we didn't see it.

I did see Fozzie's car when it was slipping on the banana peel LOL or whatever the matter with it was.

To quote Rowlf from the Muppet Movie, "Probably something broken about the engine I think."

We don't have turnpikes here in Utah. :frown: But then again, we got the Salt Flats. Muppets welcome anytime. So there, Chicagoland!

uncleduke

Reaction score
Originally posted by AruggeRadio
This really irritates me....
I have sense then spent allot of my hard earned money buying up these collectors’ cars just because i thought that it would be exciting the day of the race to see the Muppets and see them involved with this race. Now i get to find out that the event that i had been looking forward to for six months had no Muppet involvement even thought 8 cars had Muppets painted on the hood.

What in the wide world of sports is so dignified about NASCAR that the owners of the track could not allow the Muppets to be involved in this program?....
My friend, you have very high expectations, remember, we are talking about people who consider driving a car, and turning right for three hours a sport.

Sorry you feel you got gipped, the same thing happend to a couple of years ago with the Universal Monster Nascars... Now they are under $15.00 on ebay.

BTW, great Blazing Saddles reference.

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
Kevin, either I'm confused or something... You said:

It was my understanding that Chicagoland Speedway (Not NASCAR) was the fault behind all this, and that the Muppet cars were ZERO seen, not even the pace car.

and

The Muppet cars were there. They did race. The only thing missing I guess was the actual Muppets. And I'm not sure that they were supposed to be there. From your original post I gathered that the actual Muppets weren't allowed into Chicagoland. Also, from my understanding (I could be wrong) there was never a Muppet pace car. There was a Muppet event car which I never saw, but they're not meant to be raced, just for show. So it could have been placed in the parking lot for the fans or something. The pace car was the Tropicana car they used throughout the race.

On the same note, I was rather disappointed in the entire production. I'm not sure who's fault it was, but it was almost as if the camera crew was told not to focus in on the Muppet cars. It wasn't until well into the race that they even showed the hood of Dale Jarrett's car and then briefly mentioned Miss Piggy.