No Muppets At Nascar???

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Radio Nate will understand this, I betcha...

BUT!

If the Muppets need a good race track, we have I-240!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Originally posted by Cindy Chapman
Kevin, either I'm confused or something... You said:The Muppet cars were there. They did race.
You think YOU'RE confused?!

I thought they were NOT allowed on the track at ALL...I mean the cars!! Grrr!! It's the fault of that jayski.com guy! :mad: Did you see his article above? I thought he meant the CARS! I didn't expect the actual Muppets there because they would have to get the performers and all that out there, so that's where MY confusion came in.

Where's that JaySki guy at? I'm gonna smack him one.

*Grabs rubber chicken and runs out the door.*
FOZ

dlphntat

Reaction score
Originally posted by uncleduke

My friend, you have very high expectations, remember, we are talking about people who consider driving a car, and turning right for three hours a sport.

Actually,
don't they turn LEFT?

towels

Reaction score
Apparently racing has the same PR firm as baseball...
There was a shot of the Animal car with the hood all dinged up after some sort of minor crash, and they did mention Fozzie when that car dropped out of the race. (Actually the one announcer had to ask another announcer who it was...)
There was a comment about Dale Jarrett driving a pig...
Still a missed opportunity. Somebody from NBC Entertainment should have talked to NBC Sports about the Christmas movie.
Ah, well...that'll be the last race I watch for another few years. I kept thinking back to how much fossil fuel and rubber was being used up for a couple of hours of "entertainment"

Beaker 78

Reaction score
The Muppets can come and race at the North Wilkesboro speedway near my house it's been closed now for around 5-6 years.

Kelly

uncleduke

Reaction score
Originally posted by dlphntat

Actually,
don't they turn LEFT?

Oh, I am sorry, the turn left....that is much more interesting.....
Regardless..... I never watch it, and am glad we did not make the effort, we were hangin' with the mouse all day.

AruggeRadio

Reaction score
Glad you liked the Blazing Saddles Reference. Sorry to say it wasn't intentional but I’m sure that’s where I got it from.

mushmelon

Reaction score
In this week's Winston Cup Scene (july 18) issue they have 3 photos of the Muppets holding up the "We need tickets" sign and a short article about their banishment.

scott

Reaction score
They also showed a clip of that "we need tickets" thing monday on sportscenter.