1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

None Like it Hot: The "I Hate the Heat" Club

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by D'Snowth, May 22, 2007.

1. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Poor anymore, no one will take him... :cry:
    kyunkyua likes this.
  2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I've been curious as to why you willingily moved out there in the first place.
  3. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

For the record, I did not willingly move to the inside of a giant oven. I liked my igloo in Philly :p
  4. D'Snowth

I got up this morning, and my room was at 57, it was like a meat locker! Hoo-boy, I'm going to finally survive a summer!
  5. Gonzo's Hobbit

Gonzo's Hobbit Well-Known Member

I love meat locker status in a house! Congrats D'Snowth
  6. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

It's called "I thought it was love". Happens to the dumbest of us from time to time. ;) Glad you have your own meat locker, Snowth. Got any ribs in there?
    ------------------
  7. D'Snowth

Got it.
    Yep. Gimme a minute, and I'll grab the barbecue sauce, the ketchup, the fries, and the cole slaw.
  8. D'Snowth

I can't believe it...

Here it is, the beginning of June, the beginning of summer, and the temps are only in the low 70s today... not only that, but the same can be said for tomorrow, and in the next few days, we're looking at low-to-mid 80s for highs... I can't remember the last time anything like THAT has happened! The last several years by the time June rolls around, we're already having daily highs in the 90s and even into the 100s!

Someone hold me, I'm scared...
  9. D'Snowth

Holy crap...

It's been a week since June officially started, as well as the un-official start to summer, yet surprisingly, we're STILL experiencing a current trend of temperatures in the 70s and 80s, which is HIGHLY unusual for these parts, because usually by now, we're already beginning to suffer with highs in the low to mid 90s, with a heat index around 105 or so (and the ironic thing is the low 80s is SUPPOSED to be NORMAL for us the beginning of June).

So anyway, just a few minutes ago on the local news, they were talking about this cooler than usual start to summer, compared to last year (which was a RULLY BAD summer), and as it turns out, it's another case of cause and effect: last summer, the weather was effected by La Nina, causing the summer to be as miserably hot as it was, HOWEVER, apparently this year, the weather is being effected by El Nino, which is giving us a comfortable summer this year... I'm telling you guys, we haven't had a comfortable summer since 2003, and of course, it rained a lot that summer, so that kept things comfortable as well... not sure if we're due to see a lot of rain this summer or not, but alls I know is a comfortable and decent summer for once? Thank God! Now I won't die and not come back to life until September/October again!

:excited: :excited: :excited:
  10. Gonzo's Hobbit

Ugh, lucky you. We've been having ninety degree weather (followed by thunderstorms) lately. The thunderstorm last night cooled things down a little bit. But I don't think it's enough to overshadow the hot days.
  11. D'Snowth

:sigh:

I knew it was too good to last.

I mean things were going well, we were starting off with a rather comfortable summer for once, which is virtually unheard of around here... but I guess it wasn't meant to be after all, because now we're back up in the 90s again, and it looks like it's going to stay that way for a while.

One thing that I don't get is this:
    http://www.weather.com/news/climate-states-20120619

Why isn't Tennessee on that list? I mean seriously, the kind of weather we've had these past couple of weeks or so are actually supposed to be AVERAGE for us! Low 80s for June, mid 80s for July, high 80s for August, that's what an average summer is SUPPOSED to be for us, but anymore, it's anywhere between 90-105 for June, 105-115 for July and August, so why isn't Tennessee on this list?
  12. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

It's probably because if you read the article carefully, the list is based on how much it changed from year to year, so TN must not have changed as much as those others. Also, it's not based on opinion, it's the top ten that had the biggest change, so TN could've been like number eleven or something.
  13. D'Snowth

So much for a comfortable summer this year, the heat is RULLY intensifying... and of course, leave it for the air condition to break down again.
  14. Gonzo's Hobbit

Oh man I'm sorry, that's the worst. Our swamp cooler is our saving grace when it get's so hot.

The heat's really hurting the wildfire situation here.
  15. tutter_fan

tutter_fan Well-Known Member

We're supposed to hit 98 degrees sometime this week.
  16. D'Snowth

Yeah, same here... not looking forward to it.

We've got like ONE day below 90 this week, and that's about the only "relief" we're looking forward to...
  17. D'Snowth

Oh great, now we're in another drought again.
  18. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

30 degrees C and I'm already dying from the heat.
  19. Gonzo's Hobbit

I think tomorrow's forecasted to be our fifth straight day of over 100 degree weather.
  20. D'Snowth

Pff, that's nothing. You wanna talk about heat, try putting up with anywhere between 32 and 46C day after day, then we'll talk about heat.