None Like it Hot: The "I Hate the Heat" Club

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Definitely. The humidity's been down quite a bit this summer, as opposed to previous summers, so while it hasn't been overwhelmingly hot, there HAVE been a few days here and there that have been unbearable (and today was one of them, lol).

Another thing that's helped too is the excessive thunderstorms we've had all summer long... certainly a major improvement from two summers ago where we had a drought that was so bad that the entire state was declared a distaster, and we ended up like nearly 20 inches below average for annual precipitation... as mentioned a LONG time ago in this very thread, lol.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Snowthers, you would love it here right now, it's been rainy and pretty cool all summer!

Nick22

Reaction score
it SHOULD be hot here, but it's WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too cold to be JULY! and it's annoying. it's windy and cloudy everyday.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Sadly, scientists have said that the Pacific is showing El Nino conditions this year, and generally whenever there's El Nino, that means warm, snowless winters for us. :cry:

BTW Peppi, remember that 25 signs you're a Canadian list you shared with me? Reader's Digest stole one and claimed it was a state joke for Minnesota (the four seasons being almost winter, winter, still winter, road work).

Kiki

Reaction score
Wow... I actually love the hot weather. I don't know about you guys, but here (it's winter now, btw. But at least it's sunny :big_grin:) it feels like winter has gone FOR EVER! :grouchy: To be honest with you guys, I'm sick and tired of it. I miss summer! ;_; But whenever it comes around it goes too fast!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've actually considered migrating to Australia when it's summer in the northern hemisphere, lol.

Hey, then that'd increase my chances of running into some of my MC buddies (Marty, Kik, Anna, etc), lol.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It's been raining for far too long, thank goodness it's starting to improve!

Still, I try my best to keep positive despite the rain. Like in that Beatles song "Rain", about how people automatically get happy when the sun's out and then sad when the rain's out. But in reality, the world's just the same rain or shine and we shouldn't let weather define our mood so much. :smile:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
BTW Peppi, remember that 25 signs you're a Canadian list you shared with me? Reader's Digest stole one and claimed it was a state joke for Minnesota (the four seasons being almost winter, winter, still winter, road work).
Aah, how unoriginal! :stick_out_tongue: lol

Kiki, hopefully your summer when it comes wil be warmer than this one! It might as well be at least fall here, cause it's definately not summer!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Lol speaking of which, quite a few trees are already changing colors down here... and I know it's not due to lack of rain... maybe the Good Lord will show mercy on us, and let us have an early fall this year, lol.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I've actually considered migrating to Australia when it's summer in the northern hemisphere, lol.

Hey, then that'd increase my chances of running into some of my MC buddies (Marty, Kik, Anna, etc), lol.
I'd love it if you could visit one day Snowth. I have sometimes dreamed about travelling to meet MC friends myself in fact. I don't even know any fellow Aussie members in real life. Heh:smile:

As for the actual topic, simply put I hate the heat and I much prefer the cold weather we're having currently. It's much easier to cope with than sweltering fersure. The disadvantage is that we usually have to suffer a hot Christmas.