1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

None Like it Hot: The "I Hate the Heat" Club

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by D'Snowth, May 22, 2007.

1. Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

Yeah, I know I'm pretty useless.
  2. Gonzo's Hobbit Well-Known Member

I just hope we can get some relief soon. We got some cloud cover and wind and some sprinkling which cooled things off a little. But the fires here are just terrible and the hot weather's not helping.
  3. tutter_fan Well-Known Member

I think it's supposed to be around 90 tomorrow, and around 95 on Thursday, at least for Champaign, IL.
  4. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Now they've changed the story, they're saying it's NOT La Nina we're having this year, but another El Nino, which does generally cause above average temperatures for summer through fall (like last year).

However, there does look to be SOME perk, for this corner of the country anyway: apparently August (which is usually our hottest month) is going to have sort of a repeat of what we saw back in the beginning of June with below average temperatures. Unfortunately, we're looking at a July of above average temperatures before that (and a September of above average afterwards). I just hope we don't have a repeat of last winter where we had NO winter at all... that was just plain said.
  5. tutter_fan Well-Known Member

I just got a special weather statement from NOAA regarding tomorrow's temps in my area. It's supposed to be over 100 degrees out, so they've issued an excessive heat warning for my area until tomorrow evening. I'm sure that if it continues, I'll be alerted.
  6. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Ours has been issued until NEXT WEEK! :smirk:
  7. Hubert Well-Known Member

Seems that there's a heat wave going around the U.S.

It's about 95 where I am, it seems that I'm just missing much worse around me.
  8. Slackbot Well-Known Member

99 degrees in Atlanta right now. It's supposed to get up to 105. And I have to walk 3/4 of a mile home from the bus stop. This was not a good day to wear black.
  9. tutter_fan Well-Known Member

I think our low & high temperatures (at least until Thursday or Friday) are a bit too much for me.
  10. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Today was NOT a good day to get ice cream.\

I mean today was a good day for some ice cream, but not a good day to actually get ice cream, because it was so hot (106F, 41C), the ice cream was literally melting faster than you could eat it.
  11. Tom Fraggle Active Member

Suppose to be 100+ here for 3 solid days. And we just broke the record of 102 set back in 1945 today, by reaching 103. Crazy thing is, they're predicting it won't fall below 100 degrees until 8pm this evening and not fall below 90 degrees until after 10pm. wow!

Know what you mean about ice cream, the outdoors Dairy Queen just down the road from my house, I got me a medium Blizzard, but it melted so quick in the cup, I had to drink some of it. /lol
  12. newsmanfan Well-Known Member

----------
    So, today, historically and by local forecast the "hottest day of the year" in a region where well-over-1oo for months at a time is the norm, TODAY my Tucson-born housemates decide to TURN OFF THE COOLER AND BAKE ROLLS IN THE OVEN.

I had to drench my poor cat, and he threw up anyway, heatsick. Made sure he was cooler and comfy before I abandoned the house (after a COLD shower for myself).

I hate living with other people.
    -----------
  13. Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

My area does this weird thing with central air where the power company will TURN OFF central air units during the day to "conserve power" um...what? Doesn't that defeat the point of central air?

But we have window units now, so its all good :cool:
  14. charlietheowl Well-Known Member

It's about 90 here in Connecticut, and that's very warm for the shoreline area, where I live. Yicch. I can't wait for the fall, haha.

Those better have been the best rolls in the history of mankind if they required turning the air off.
  15. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

It's this kind of triple-digit weather where you really can't step outside, because otherwise, you'd end up being arrested for indecent exposure... that is, if you really stepped outside dressed accordingly for the weather.

I hate sitting around the house in all my pink and hairy glory.
  16. Slackbot Well-Known Member

Speaking of baking, I found out I'm going to a party tomorrow, meaning I ahve to bake rolls tonight. Need milk. See me groan at the thought of going back out to Kroger. But since the temperature had dipped down into the chilly mid-90s by the time I went, I put on a jacket.
  17. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I hate all these new Krogers that are more like a mobster's warehouse as opposed to a simple grocery store.
  18. Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Mid 90s is chilly?
  19. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

If you're a biddy.
  20. Tom Fraggle Active Member

Kroger? Wow. I haven't seen one of those stores since they shut down in the mid 1980s in my area.

A jacket in mid-90s weather? /lol The extreme opposite is a friend of mine one time long ago going into a grocery store with snow on the ground with temps in the low 20s outside in nothing more than a tank top, shorts, and flip flops. Should of seen all the stares he got. /lol (Where I'm from, snow is uncommon, so a snowflake brings out the heavy thermal coats, closing down schools, and wiping out the bread and milk aisle in the grocery store).