1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

None Like it Hot: The "I Hate the Heat" Club

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by D'Snowth, May 22, 2007.

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Well, it's gotten back into the 90sF (30sC), and we're supposed to be looking towards 105F (40C), though hopefully, this current hot spell is supposed to only last for a few days, then we'll be back to normal again.

This has really been something of a roller coaster summer I must say... all in all, one of the better summers I've seen in almost a decade.
  2. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

3. D'Snowth

Remind me to ask you how you did that Sarge.
  4. Sgt Floyd

Copy and paste :p
  5. D'Snowth

It's 110F (43C) today. Dang!
  6. D'Snowth

It was 105F (40C) today, and gee whiz, figures today of all days would be a day my mother would drag me around from store to store out in the heat to help her with grocery shopping... I 'bout died today...
  7. D'Snowth

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang...

It was so hot today, I had to wait for the cold water in the shower to COOL OFF because even IT was hot! And now that I'm out of a cold shower, I'm sweating again.
  8. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

After a 340 dollar electric bill (sheesh), I decided it's time I start putting up that heat shield film on my windows. So far I've done 5 of them. Supposedly it reduces the heat by 50%. We'll see.
  9. D'Snowth

You're sheeshing over a $340 electric bill? Ours is like $400-500 a month.
  10. D'Snowth

11. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

24 degrees, thanks to the typhoon. Anyone traveling here?
  12. Sgt Floyd

I repeat

ಠ_ಠ
  13. Vincent Liu

What's that supposed to mean?
  14. Sgt Floyd

It is the look of disapproval. Alternatively, I could have posted a number of pictures of Johnny 13, since that seems to be his favorite expression :p
  15. Vincent Liu

16. D'Snowth

Right now, I'd kill for 75F/24C!
  17. Vincent Liu

Hopefully not me.
  18. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

After my recent vacation in Ontario, I have to join the "I Hate the Heat" club because driving on the infamous Highway 401 in Toronto in Underwater Cowboy's truck (which had no A/C, I may add) when te temperature was almost 40 degrees Celsius (and made hotter by the humidity, smog and light reflecting off of all the skyscrapers) just about did me in. O_O NEVER AGAIN.
  19. D'Snowth

Ozy! You went to Canada (Ontario in fact), and you didn't invite MC's biggest Canadiaphile? :attitude:

But seriously, I read the other day that in Oklahoma, it's been so hot that the street lights are literally melting, they even had pictures: those glass globes on the lamps were looking like deflated balloons.
  20. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

^ Er, D'Snowth, you do realize that I'm a Canadian, right? XD I kind of live in Alberta. :)