Now what's going on with YouTube?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So there's currently still no way of favoriting videos, and it's really frustrating catching up on several videos you've been missing since accessing our subscriptions is incredibly inconvenient.

Schfifty

Reaction score
Welp, looks like YouTube finally shut down KeepVid for good. :frown:

Looks like I'll have to go back to clipconverter.cc, even though they're now infested with sketchy X-rated pop-up ads that somehow bypass pop-up blockers.
Yeah, why did this happen all of the sudden? I've been using KeepVid for like 5 years at least and now it just takes you to this "Tips for Video Download Solutions" page. What the heck? :sigh:

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Yeah, why did this happen all of the sudden? I've been using KeepVid for like 5 years at least and now it just takes you to this "Tips for Video Download Solutions" page. What the heck? :sigh:
Give savefrom.net a try.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Whenever a video downloading site just suddenly does away with the sole feature they were created for, chances are it's because YouTube/Google found out about them and forced a take-down.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Reminds me of when the government got butthurt about SOPA and took down megaupload.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And then there's Zamzar, which actually, is still up, but they no longer have the option to directly download videos from sites like YouTube or Dailymotion or what have you, you pretty much can only convert videos directly from your computer.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
I use Save from the Net. Basically, you enter the link to pretty much any video sharing site and you can download it automatically. Like every YT downloader.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
You know what I'm kind of mad about?

The fact that the mobile version of YouTube now seems to play videos based on their aspect ratios by removing the black bars. It really ruins the look of the video.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So as it turns out, it's not that we couldn't favorite videos anymore, it's that the "Add to" icon has been replaced with an icon with three horizontal lines and a + . . . a bit confusing.

But hey, I'd be cool with YouTube conforming videos to their aspect ratios and removing the black bars. I actually wish YouTube had been doing this all along. I mean, 16:9 videos fill the entire video player (if they're exported correctly), I don't see why the player can conform to 4:3 videos without pillarboxing it.