Now what's going on with YouTube?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Same happened to me. I had to upload my video like 3 times before it worked!

Not upload... just loading a video to watch. I have to restore the page several times for it to load significantly. Shouldn't take me 20 minutes to watch 2 minutes of footage.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Anyone having this problem? Videos don't exactly load anymore. The grey bar doesn't move, and sometimes I have a video up for a few minutes and only a couple seconds load. And it ISN'T a matter of connection. Even a slow connection yields a bar that goes all the way to the end in time.
The gray bar stopped moving like three months ago or so, yet somehow, the video would still load/play... I really don't know what that's all about, but the only problems I have with playing the videos are rather rare occurences, like the other day for example, where for some reason, the video would just stop in the middle of playing, then the entire player would disappear and be replaced with that little white exclamation point inside the gray circle that usually appears whenever you suddenly have to upgrade your Flash player AGAIN (though that actually wasn't the case this time).

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Funny, my videos seem to be loading faster than usual. I wonder how long that will last :stick_out_tongue:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Oh boy...I'm just waiting to hear D'Snowths opinions on youtube today :smirk:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I see nothing different, other than larger video thumbnails on the homepage, which I really don't have any problems with.

My only minor quibble with YT as of late is how they've redone video statistics to where it seems they're as simplistic and "un-detailed" as possible.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
But you can't scroll to see older videos you may have missed :/ Unless my cache is acting up

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ah. I didn't notice. I think it has a tendency to disappear occasionally, sometimes when you scroll the very bottom, you randomly get a couple of much older videos as well.

One thing I DO miss is whenever you would actually watch a new video, that would remove it from the homepage or the old subscription module, that way you didn't have a whole mess of videos and you don't have to recall which ones you've watched and which ones you haven't.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I figured out my problem. There's a new setting (or if its not new I never noticed it) where you have to select that you want to see everything, not just "highlights"

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, I could care less about who liked or favorited or commented on what, I just want to see new vids that my subscriptions have uploaded.