Now what's going on with YouTube?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Now, YouTube's threatening me to make my channel public (my social "GroverKent" channel, not my official channel) because I have it set to be hidden, otherwise in October, they're going to remove all of my comments, videos, playlists, everything.

Either they don't seem to realize I'm still protesting their $#!++y new new channel designs, or they just simply don't care, and I'm going to go with the latter on this one.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
can you not make your favorites private any more?

also, I don't like the new way the video and playlist pages are set up :/

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I'm so deeply sympathetic Snowthers. You don't deserve such a hard time as this. :frown::mad:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
can you not make your favorites private any more?

also, I don't like the new way the video and playlist pages are set up :/
Apparently, EVERYTHING on your channel has to either be made public, or made private, apparently, you can't make some things public and some things private, it has to be either one or the other.

It's a real invasion of privacy, I don't think anybody wants to see in their homepages what I've favorited, or comments on, or such.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Apparently, EVERYTHING on your channel has to either be made public, or made private, apparently, you can't make some things public and some things private, it has to be either one or the other.

It's a real invasion of privacy, I don't think anybody wants to see in their homepages what I've favorited, or comments on, or such.
Everybody wants to take away our rights to choose what we want to do in practically everything. That is just like Facebook forcing us to accept the new Timeline set up, which is absolutely horrible.:grouchy:

It is dreadful to have others decide how to arrange your profile without your approval Snowth. I know exactly how you feel.:sympathy:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And there we have yet another reason why I don't Facebook. :stick_out_tongue:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Oh look, deviantart made the homepage look giant and ugly...

Switching it to grid view makes it look a bit more organized, but I don't get why we need to see ginormous previews of an image when a small thumbnail was just fine :smirk:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Heh, I NEVER get on the deviantART homepage, I just go straight to my profile, and check out other people through the drop-down Friends menu.

But I actually like the larger thumbnails in our gallery, if only because sometimes the smaller thumbnails distorted the preview... in all honesty, there's been a couple of occasions where I'm glad I looked at the actual deviation and was relieved to see that it wasn't nearly as dirty as the thumbnail made it look.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I just think the huge thumbnails makes things look cluttered :smirk:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I haven't played around with them yet or anything, but I think you can adjust the layout of the thumbnails to make them look more organized, I'm not sure...

EDIT: You have two options: you can choose "Wall View", which is what the default setting is, or you can choose "Grid View", which displays them in pretty much the way they already were (except the thumbnails are still larger).