1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Now what's going on with YouTube?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by D'Snowth, Apr 2, 2010.

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Those are often hilarious; have you ever watched a Let's Play of the original Super Mario Bros. by some guy called SonicDude? Cracks me up.
  2. bazooka_beak

bazooka_beak Active Member

^ I haven't seen that one, I'm going to have to look it up :) If you look up Azureblade he has some HILARIOUS Super Mario Rom Hack videos. Zetaplays and DeceasedCrab are pretty funny too.
  3. D'Snowth

I've actually been noticing something for a long time now: there seems to be some wiseass on YouTube who seems to always be intentionally disliking videos made by people like myself, Kevin, Oscarfan, Colbynfriends, and other MC puppeteers who post their work on YT.
  4. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

How can you tell that? I mean that someone is deliberately doing it to everyone, as opposed to just random people doing it. Not being rude just asking.
  5. D'Snowth

Because it's too much of a coincidence that as soon as these videos are uploaded, they receive a thumbs down.
  6. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

I've been thinking of doing some Let's Play videos for old games...not sure how I'd record the video and sound at once though (maybe camstudio + audacity + webcam mic? :/) I'm not funny though. I'd just be some idiot talking to herself...and who wants to hear my freakishly annoying voice anyway?

BBBUUUUUUUT thats a side thought because I just noticed the conversation, the really reason I came here is...

Another facebook facelift! These things are getting annoying. Now its ugly and I can't make heads or tails of how your news feed is laid out. Not that I ever read anything on it...
  7. D'Snowth

Okay, YouTube must have made more un-necessary changes to the site, because we clearly have some new bugs and glitches that are super annoying...

First of all, the subscriptions module is acting up again, only this time, videos are actually disappearing, so I guess at this point, the old glitch where videos you've already viewed resurfacing in the subscriptions module weeks or even months after you've already watch them is a GOOD thing now, since sometimes, you'll see a video that actually never appeared in your subscriptions when they were first uploaded.

The video player itself has been acting up for like a month now with all kinds of peculiarities, likes sometimes the videos won't buffer, yet you can still watch them; or like today (and other occasions) where you're watching a video, and for some reason, at any given moment, the video will automatically restart (and sometimes multiple times).
  8. D'Snowth

I think I've figured something out with the NEW new chanel designs...we know that last time they were trying to be like Hulu... I think THIS time they're trying to be like Blip.tv.
  9. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I hate the new design layout. I tried it a few months ago and then went back to the old layout, but then I learned that all channels will automatically switch sometime soon so I just switched back to the new one. I can't write much about my channel this way (on the old layout I included a list of "frequently/rarely/never-asked questions", with answers to important questions people either have asked or questions I would expect viewers to ask).

There was a feature called "insight" where users can see how people are finding each individual video. It seems to be replaced by something I think is called "analytics", which only shows how people are finding videos on my channel, but not how people are findign which video (I've enjoyed checking to see how people have found each video I've done).
  10. Sgt Floyd

So has anyone seen this new facebook timeline thing? Its even more jumbled than that new news feed
    heralde likes this.
  11. D'Snowth

Evolution on the internet has to be like the worst form of evolution ever.
  12. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Yeah... it's like it goes from human back to fish looking thing crawling back to the sea. It's Devolution if anything.
  13. meepmuppaphones

meepmuppaphones Active Member

YouTube actually took down the YouTube friends option! And I had about 200 friends on YouTube! It's just plain confusing.:mad::rolleyes::boo::sleep::grr::p:(:grouchy::sigh:
  14. D'Snowth

Yeah, they supposedly now lump "friends" and "subscribers" together, and you're right, it IS confusing... because whenever I log it, and I have to select "Show uploads only" on the homepage, I see the activity of people who I never friended, but are listed as friends now because I subscribed to them.
  15. meepmuppaphones

meepmuppaphones Active Member

Yeah. Two Muppets to help describe all this evolution: :sleep::boo:
  16. D'Snowth

What I want to know is why everybody else on YouTube has gotten a free pass except me.

By that, I mean how come everybody else still gets to uploaded videos longer than 15 minutes but I don't? Why was the 15-minute limit re-instated for me and not everyone else?
  17. Sgt Floyd

I belive you have to enter your cell phone number somewhere to "verify" your account before you can...athough I did that and I still get alerts to verify it so I dunno :/

Also if I uploaded something more than 10 minutes it would probably take hours :smirk:
  18. D'Snowth

I am NOT giving Google MY cell phone number... the last thing I intend to do is hand over any of my personal information to Cyber-Hitler.
    heralde likes this.
  19. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

It has nothing to do with cell phone numbers. I guess it has something to do with view count; I can do it on my accounts.

And, who really cares about YouTube friends? People just send 'em willy-nilly and I basically ignore all of them now.
  20. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

A good number of my "friends" were, but a lot of them aren't, you included. Of course, I subscribe to you and Snowth anyway.... so that wasn't an issue. There were friends that had some pretty wacky tastes that are similar to mine outside of the Muppets, I had to subscribe to them too to get their favorites and likes. That wasn't a huge deal. It's just the new channel designs is clunky, and I get news of those who lose their accounts through those pages of friends (whom I had to subscribe to).
    D'Snowth likes this.