1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Now what's going on with YouTube?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by D'Snowth, Apr 2, 2010.

1. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

I don't put up my viewing history anymore, I feel more secure that way, lol. But I think YouTube has been hijacked in the past. Like one time instead of my account name showing at the top of the page, it was somebody else's. And when I went to that user's page, everyone was writing to him "Why is your name showing up on my account? !"
  2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Lol, well, I don't make my viewing history (or any of my activity for that matter) public anyway, but I mean, the last 130 videos or so you've watched are automatically added to playlist on your account, which is your viewing history... but again, these random videos keep popping up in my history that I haven't even watched, so... yeah.
  3. D'Snowth

Is anyone else besides me having trouble updating/changing video thumbnails?

I notice there's now a disclaimer saying that it can take up to 36 hours for changes to take effect, but it's going on weeks now, and thumbnails I've selected on certain videos still haven't changed.
  4. beakerboy12

beakerboy12 Well-Known Member

Okay... I know this thread is about changes to YouTube... but I mean... Google just got a new design! Seriously, it looks like Bing... I mean, really! I just don't like how everyone wants to be like everybody else...
  5. D'Snowth

Google's still looking exactly the same as ever to me, but then again, I don't believe I've ever used Bing (and probably won't, since it seems like the entire world hates it), so I wouldn't know how the designs compare. :smirk:
  6. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

i used bing once and it was such a bad experience,confusing and hard to use...they totally falsely advertise it as simpler in the commercials
  7. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Well Google is actually going to be making some changes:

http://www.adweek.com/news/technology/googles-facelift-133131
  8. D'Snowth

9. D'Snowth

YouTube has JUST revamped the commenting feature, and it's obvious they, once again, just rushed throgh it to get it public quickly, because it's full of bugs and glitches: you can't reply to a comment without the text box disappearing, and sometimes, clicking on options like "Like", "Reply", "Block User", "Delete", etc does nothing at all.
  10. D'Snowth

Gee whiz, it woul seem as though this is turning into another bad year for YouTube, like back in the days of the whole Viacom Vs. YouTube to-do...

I mean this year alone, so many different companies have really been cracking down on videos and their uploaders like mice on cheese, including WGHB, Bagdasarian Productions, NBC, Universal Studios, etc. Heck, I've been watching an episode of Andy Griffith on YT all weekend long, and even today, that's been up for over a couple of years, that's now removed and the user banned by NBC (even though I BELIEVE the show is owned by CBS).

It's almost to the point where there's really nothing to watch on YouTube anymore, because some company or "third-party" is going to mosey in and remove it and ban the users for posting it. :rolleyes: I mean at least there's the likes of Sesame Workshop who own the rights to their own content, but still... and the funny thing is, earlier this year, I predicted that by the end ofthis year that most of my favorite videos will probably be no more, and so far, that's sadly holding true.
  11. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I agree. I haven't watched anything on YT that wasn't a poop or a Sesame Street video in weeks. There's nothing GOOD up there anymore.

I mean, I'll feel for WGBH and the Arthur episodes, ONLY because they don't want someone leaking the season that the entire world got before us (it's a PBS show, after all... cheapness in inherent). But the fan videos SHOULD have stayed up. And really, the law suit happy Chipmunks owners? Was that a surprise?

If someone's going to post a current movie or easily accessible TV show online, yeah... I agree to that. Fan videos and obscure stuff that will NEVER be rereleased on home video or officially posted online... does that hurt anyone? Does burying it in a box, shoving it in the back of a closet, and pretending it never existed do the creators, writers, and actors ANY favors?
  12. Nick22

Nick22 Active Member

Youtube confuses me now. It used to be so much easier to use. Like, when looking at my subscriptions. They show the new videos in a different format on the homepage and I rully don't like it.
  13. D'Snowth

One thing that bothers me is the bugs and glitches in the subscriptions module that makes certain videos you've already watch before keep reappearing in the module at any random time, even weeks after you had watched it.
  14. Nick22

Nick22 Active Member

Yes. That happens to me all the time. And it's aggravating.
  15. D'Snowth

Well, YouTube's obviouisly done SOMETHING with our subscriptions for us to have this uber-annoying glitch where almost on a daily basis, EVERY SINGLE VIDEO that EVERY SINGLE ONE OF OUR SUBSCRIPTIONS has recently uploaded floods your homepage, even if you've already watched them time and time again.

And the thing of it is, closing them doesn't even help, because the next time the page is refreshed, all those vids and subscriptions just show up again.
  16. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I haven't had recommendations in weeks. Even then, they were the same 6 videos I didn't want to watch in the first place.
  17. D'Snowth

I still get recommendations (even though I don't use them), but scarily enough, half the time, the recommendations are "Because you watched" videos that I watched MONTHS ago, and had since then cleared and cleaned out my viewing history.

But aside from that, is anyone else having this strange problem with deviantART: not being able to browse through the site without being pelted with Windows Installer popups for Microsoft Office 2000?
  18. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Not youtube, but facebook. They removed the option to hide all posts by a page. Really? REALLY? I dont want to remove spammy things from my homepage one by one. I liked it for a reason, but I dont like spammy messages. Grrrr
  19. Nick22

Nick22 Active Member

Facebook literally changes every other day...
  20. bazooka_beak

bazooka_beak Active Member

I noticed the new subscription format, and it's making it difficult for me to keep up. I'm not sure of what I've actually watched anymore!

All I really seem to watch on Youtube now is animal videos and "Let's Plays" where you basically watch somebody play a video game as they provide commentary.