Numbervania: 1000 Tricks & Treats

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, but not until I get crud for school finished this week. In the in-between for studying for my lone exam this weekend, maybe.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
-------------
Page 11: Vanishing Act.

Morning in the mansion and already there was somebody up and at 'em. The dungeonous lounge where Rune lay asleep now came to some semblance of life—fully stocked with spirits of the season, if not very many haunting souls. The customer cradled himself out of the shadows, tucked into the corner of the L-shaped barside counter, swiveling upon his stooll. This new member of the cast made himself seen... Or did he? True enough there was a semblance of a body perched near the till—clad in smoky black grayish coat and pants and shoes—there was still something off. The way his derby hat floated in mid-air, along with his tea cup, you'd wonder just what was going on. Alton decided to let us viewers in on the trick, partially phasing into focus. "Meep-llo" called out our Invisible Man, politely sipping at his served drink.

"Mmm Meep meep may!" The brownish liquid turned red and then darker and finally gone—his transparent tongue taking on the color of the cherry coke fizzing formula—bubbling tingling his tastebuds—each sip savored in earnest. The cheery cherries were his favorite, stirring the soda—reminding him of the white cherry blossoms he helped bring to bloom in Delaware. As usual, he was counted by the storm cloud hovering nearby. Placing a marbled 11 upon the sliding surface, the orbiting oval struck a bolting greeting. Afraid—briefly as it may have been—Alton disappeared from view again, both literally and figuratively, his head ducking straight downwards inside his coat. Bowler shielding him above, his hand nervously let the cup clink onto its saucer at the tableside's top shelf.

This new addition flew off seeking Ed's comforting pockets... 11 couldn't content itself though, tussling and thundering to be admitted. 2 was jostled from its spot... 3 was annoyed to be drawn into the tug... 7 and 9 banded together to provide an alliance on the other side—clashing with their sisters all the while. "Now, now... Is this any way to behave?" Ed pleaded with his numbered nimbuses. "Come, there's room enough for everyone here" he motioned, gently guiding the counted clouds over to the open cubbyholed closet. "Just find your spot... One here and another there..." he mused, moving the heavens and earth arranging the eleven electrical elementals into a partial ten by ten perfect square. Secure that they were tucked into their new nestling nooks, Ed's fingers gingerly plugged the blasters into the boarded backing. "Sleep well my little ones, your time to shine will come." These finally put to bed, our honored haunter set off to tend to the daily grind.

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
EEE! ALT-
*Is silenced by rolling eyes*
What? I''m a fan!
Eddie, I loved this.
Brilliant!

*GLOMP*

*CHEERS*

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
More? Not until I get this crud for school finished with... Or some of you update your own stories. Museum, Reflections, Hard Knock, Things Were, or even the headmistress of hearts herself (if she's secretly reading this).

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
I prefer option one...
Where you finish your school stuffers...
then post. :big_grin:

*Smiles cheesily*

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi... Quick question: Do you think I should add something about Alton the Invisible Man being the first state representative? Or should I just keep that for my files?
Hope to hear from you soon, as it'll sway me towards posting a fic-fix or update with the next haunter.

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
You probably should!
That way, the readers who are less familiar with him are able to see what is his role in this awesome fic that I adore...OH SO MUCH!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
-------------
Page 12: Twelfth of Never.

Breakfast, bathroom brake, banking all behind him for the time being, Ed sat to check his mail. Friends from the forum dropped off Christmas greetings or party invitations asking him to join towards the end of the year. After a while, he pondered as to the current time, about to press the minute button on his talkative timepiece. As if on cue—from high on above—his own was beaten out by tolling from another of the doomicile's dwellers. Perched on the outside windowsill just outside the Belfry or B-Tower, Dockery boomed out hourly "High noon!" cries. No wonder he lived up in the tower as Ed found out, this was pretty much a living clock tower himself. Second and minute and hourhands rounding about the large luminous face, Dockery's eyes blinked into focus—bidding the honored guest welcome at the castle's upper reaches. "Gonna get some lunch sir?" the turreted ticker inquired, handing off his marble 12 to Cammy—the slightly stylish British bat from Sanguina's pack. "No... Think I'll just stay upstairs and do some fanfic reading." "Mmm, has there been any posted lately?" "A little, still waiting for others to bring their tales back to life." "Then I'd advise you wait for the mid-morning matinee. Starts in an hour's time, only less than sixty minutes left, at 13 o'clock sharp." Momentarily confused, Ed took Dockery's suggestion—along with a new stamped storm cloud into his almost emptied holders, only the eleventh one present, now joined by its sibling, ribbons resting neatly beneath their balled bodies.