1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

OK Go and The Muppets Music Video: The Muppet Show Theme

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by TSSD, Aug 23, 2011.

1. ZeppoAndFriends

ZeppoAndFriends Well-Known Member

I'm with you on that one. E-gadley, he looked horrible.

Other than that, loved it (even the over-long ending).
  2. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

all i can say is.......YES Marvin Suggs!!!!!!!!!!! :ouch:
  3. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

yes it would be cool if the version with the Muppet's singing was on a future album or single! Maybe the soundtrack to the Muppets?
    I really like the version and the video makes me like it even more. I know as fans (and fans for anything for that matter) we tend to pick what we like and don't like (it makes us human) but this video really is what Muppety is. the screaming ending is just great and it's wonderful that both Dr. Teeth and Rowlf get their own moment. no other muppet to upstage them, just them for a moment.

love how Sweetums was worked in there for the beginning to start the mayhem (kinda like how he try's to help in MV3D.) great use of Bunsen and Beaker, Statler and Waldorf, and the Swedish Chef. plus Gonzo with Camilla. i love Gonzo's little "Hey!" when Camilla is knocked away. amazing Marvin Suggs moment with even a sound from him when he throws the mallets! It got to be Eric and would make sense. wonderful to see both Pepe and Rizzo with a singing line as they have seemed pushed back as of late and Sam the Eagle sounded really good singing! Nice to see Link with Strangepork as Link was absent in the Bohemian video. Crazy Harry's explosion is great to see continued still as we have seen a lot of him doing that in past Muppet videos (Stars and Stripes, Bohemian, the Muppets teaser trailer) The video pretty much has everyone you would want!If they were to add anything else i would say Robin Frog and Lips (but Robin more) to keep it in touch with the Muppet Show. as those two characters do fall in and out of Muppet productions as of late but we know that at least they are seen in the new movie. Pepe and Bobo fit in nice though. I hope this video is included on the dvd of the new movie when it comes out!
    minor muppetz likes this.
  4. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Aside from those characters and the full-body monsters, I would have included all of Brian Henson's characters (and Johnny Fiama to be with Sal). Henson may not be performing in Disney's Muppet productions, but his characters wouldn't need to be heard in this.

Actually, it seems like this music video only barely scratched the surface of recently rebuilt characters.
  5. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

Even if it isn't, since OK Go's videos are pretty legendary, there will no doubt be a dvd compilation of them sooner or later.
  6. Psammeadboi

Psammeadboi Active Member

I really liked how many characters were included, especially near the end as they are building the pyramid: Uncle Deadly, Beautiful Day, Crazy Harry, etc. The transitions between characters was really cool at the beginning, making for a very cohesive video linking the Muppets with OK Go!
  7. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

I hope that it comes as an extra on the Muppet Show Season 4 DVD box set. And sooner rather than later.
    beakerboy12 and frogboy4 like this.
  8. Frogster

Frogster Active Member

I think there might be something to be said about some of the new puppets not looking their best... the first season of The Muppet Show didn't have the best looking characters and it was huge.
  9. LamangoNumber2

LamangoNumber2 Active Member

Anyone else notice Uncle Deadly has his tail? That made me smile.
    beakerboy12 and theprawncracker like this.
  10. Reevz1977

Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

Loved it! ! ! The ONLY criticism I have is the line "it's time to PUT on music...it's time to put on make-up..." - what was wrong with "...PLAY the music...", it fits alot better! Minor quibble, really!
  11. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Wow, that was rather extrordinary. While the Weezer video in 2002 was kind of so so to me, this has completely blown me away. I like it even better than the Bohemian Rhapsody one. Ok Go is pretty much the only band I like from the Green Album, so I'm glad they chose them to do the video (as much as the theme song is a rather strange version... anyone heard the Dr Steel version?)

Was surprised how many obscure Muppets they featured here, though I'm sure they wanted to put the newly rebuilt movie character builds from the TMS days to good use. I mean BD Monster, Behemoth, Frackle, Wayne and Wanda...and that Suggs moment.

I love the ending...very meta. That's the kind of strange new sort of humor that shows the Muppets can be really good in the new era. I dont know why Vevo is promoting this as a vevo.com exclusive, as its ALSO on youtube

(sadly only 300 views? This needs to have millions)

AND the amazing behind the scenes footage

My dream collaborations would be a song/video (or performance on a late night talk show) with the Muppets and Arcade Fire, LCD Soundsystem or Yeah Yeah Yeahs but this will do for now.
  12. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

13. MuppetCaper

MuppetCaper Active Member

This is just so typical of OK Go. All their video's are unique and I like their style. Who cares what the Muppets suppose to look like or should look like. It's a fun video! I knew that OK Go was planning on making the Muppet theme song awhile back cause Damian Kulash said they where working on it for an up coming Muppet album. So glad to finally got it done! Awesome job!
  14. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Active Member

awsome just got round to seeing and wow the minor characters like pops the muppets performing the ok go puppets and the end was great but beautful day monster looks a little off but still awsome :)
  15. MrBloogarFoobly

MrBloogarFoobly Well-Known Member

OK Go's cover was terrible, but the video was great. The shot of the Muppets controlling the band from below was a little nightmarish. :p
  16. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Active Member

I don't know OK Go very well, but that was a lot of fun. The Muppets-as-Muppeteers shot, I thought, was really well done. And I'm really liking Bill's Dr. Teeth and Rowlf!
  17. Fersureitsjess

Fersureitsjess Active Member

I really enjoyed this video!! :)
  18. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

GREAT MUSIC VIDEO! :)
    Fersureitsjess likes this.
  19. muppetmia

muppetmia New Member

Amazing...Love the beginning...Love the puppeteering....
  20. MuppetCaper

MuppetCaper Active Member

You can't always go "old school" This is a new generation and new kids get to at least see the characters in their eyes...what we grew up with. Times are different now, and so are the Muppets. So don't fret on what they should look like. I am glad it's just bringing in a new generation and they are still going to this day unlike a lot of other stuff we grew up with that is no longer around. And if it takes newer bands of todays music to keep them going, more power to them....Thanks OK Go!
    frogboy4 and ploobis like this.