1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

OK Go and The Muppets Music Video: The Muppet Show Theme

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by TSSD, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Canadian Fan Member

Awesome video, I can't stop watching. Does anyone know if Noel McNeal was performing Sweetums, I know he did Sweetums on 'Letters To Santa'. We do know for a fact that Dave Goelz, Steve Whitmire, Eric Jacobson, Matt Vogel, Bill Barretta, and David Rudman were doing the puppeteering because of the voices. Good to see many classic characters brought back.
  2. ploobis Well-Known Member

Not only is Matt Vogel doing a great job with Floyd and Pops, but David Rudman was also great with Janice! :sing: :flirt:
    Duke Remington and frogboy4 like this.
  3. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

One thing I noticed is that this video doesn't even try to be similar to any version of the opening. It's all it's own version of the theme. The closest to resembling a theme is the pyramid at the end, which reminds me a bit of the risers in the first season theme, but isn't similar enough.

I wasn't really excited about The Green Album, and honestly I wasn't too ecited about this music video until I saw the behind-the-scenes footage (even though I knew the Muppets would be in the video), but now I'm hoping another song or two from the album gets a music video.
  4. bluebomber95 Member

Matt Vogel performed Sweetums in this. He tweeted me with that info, and that he performed Sweetums in the movie.
  5. terrimonster Member

It wasn't really supposed to look like the opening. The concept for the video wasn't the Muppets re-creating the show opening, but the Muppets joining in and getting in the way while OK Go make a music video.
    theprawncracker likes this.
  6. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Anybody notice that Sweetums' eyebrows seem to be a little different? Previously it seems his eyebrows were one piece, but now it seems to be seperated into two pieces.
  7. dwmckim Well-Known Member

Notice it? It looks like there's some weird piece of grey lint stuck on top of them. Totally distracted me from his appearance in that scene.
  8. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

At first I wondered if maybe it was another moth.

I just rewatched the Muppets trailers and watched Sweetums closely, and it seems it's that way in the movie too, though in those clips it's harder to see.
  9. RedPiggy Well-Known Member

Since no one's mentioned it yet, I wonder if they've ever seen Jim Henson's The Cube? This band would be perfect for the "You'll Never Get Out" or whatever song that's there. It all tends to take place in a white room of some kind (more or less). The guy with the beard makes me think of Jerry Nelson's monk character (all is all, is is). The repeated attempts to discern reality is DEFINITELY a theme of that movie, as is the random characters popping up thing.
    newsmanfan likes this.
  10. dwmckim Well-Known Member

Perhaps that's on tap for the Henson Company Tribute Album (with one odd Classic Muppet song on it that will confuse everyone as to what it's doing on there)
  11. RedPiggy Well-Known Member

It's just kinda weird to me that I surmised a connection the very first time I watched it, and while I don't have any interest in checking out over 3K comments, I think I'm the first one to notice it on YT too. :)
  12. MuppetCaper Active Member

I was just at my favorite Starbucks the other day and found the Green Album by the front cashier area, so I bought it. If anyone is into Indie bands then this album is for you. I like how the bands arranged the music to their style while keeping the Muppet feel of the music. It is really nice to see that the Muppets touch others in the industry no matter what music or film you listen to or watch. I would recommend it.
  13. muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

i think its awesome that all the old charcters are in the video also lol
  14. wes Active Member

POPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the fact there bringing back the rarely used or seen Muppets!!!!!
    Duke Remington likes this.
  15. muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

you know what i was kinda hoping for Walter to b in the music video but im kinda glad he wasnt this is supposed to be the muppets movie but you know

im sure another trailer will come with lots more walter and maybe even a song sample/ sound
  16. Canadian Fan Member

Matt did Sweetums, that's cool. The voice almost sounds like John Henson's version.
  17. muppetperson Well-Known Member

Great to see that this clip is getting television Air play as well. This morning it was on "Rage" music show.