1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

OK Go and The Muppets Music Video: The Muppet Show Theme

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by TSSD, Aug 23, 2011.

1. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm not a fan of OK Go's music but that doesn't stop me from loving the music video. Beside, it features Classic Muppet characters that haven't been working for years! :D
  2. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

----------------------------
    Hilarious!!! The interruption of S&W had me giggling so hard I had to replay... And Newsie! Singing! And SO many great characters included! And the "false waking from a nightmare" ending! Love, love, love!:)

-----------------------------
    beakerboy12 likes this.
  3. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Love it! I just bought the album today so i listen to it before seeing the video and kinda see that the characters voices would have been cool to have heard on the album too but i'm ok with it and love every bit of the video. AWSOME!
    frogboy4 likes this.
  4. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

The movie and the Green Album are two totally seperate projects. "The Muppets" will have its own seperate soundtrack and different people responsible for the music.
  5. Dearth

Dearth Active Member

Big smile on my face. I just watched it twice in a row. Not a lot to add, other than my two favorite scenes were the treadmill gag (reminds me of the Nobody's Watching parody) and the Muppets puppeteering legless humans. The arm rods should have been a dead giveaway, but when they did the reveal, I almost fell out of my chair laughing. Brilliant. Simply brilliant.

Alex
  6. beakerboy12

beakerboy12 Well-Known Member

I L:flirt:VE this!!!!!!!!!! I really think, with exception of Bohemian Rhapsody and the new movie itself, this is the best thing the Muppets have done in a while! I love the Muppets' puppeteering and Marvin Suggs... PERFECT :)! I can't tell you how much I love this!
    Duke Remington and frogboy4 like this.
  7. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Indeed. I can't think of any reason why this video wasn't one of the best things I've seen them do in recent years. Why, I'd tie it with Bohemian Rhapsody. And Dr. Teeth has a multiple word line... no... a complete sentence! I sure hope more complete sentences follow for the movie.

Now I can't say OK Go is a band I follow, but after hearing this cover and seeing this video, I definitely would. These guys doing something with Sesame Street? Seems like I read something they were, and they DEFINITELY should.
    Duke Remington and Bannanasketch like this.
  8. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

I almost saw OK Go the other week in San Francisco(they played at this huge indie hipster rock fest called Outside Lands) Not too big a fan of their sound, but you cant deny Kulash's enthusiasm. Look how he chokes up in front of Kermit...

9. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Did anybody notice this? This is the FIRST TIME EVER Uncle Deadly's bare toes and tail have been shown in puppet form to my knowledge.
    [​IMG]
    The team of us who made the action figure pieced his head-to-toe look together from bits and scraps including a variety of storybook illustrations until settling on the final look of what we and Henson believed best represented the 70's Muppet. Art imitating other art, imitating other art...
    [​IMG]
    newsmanfan and theprawncracker like this.
  10. Nick22

Nick22 Active Member

Oh my goshness....I love this video so froggin' much. :D :) :flirt::excited:
    frogboy4 likes this.
  11. RainbowConnectd

RainbowConnectd New Member

OH NO! I cant see it either...
    Is it on You Tube???
    (opens youtube...dies a little inside.... )

Nope, not on you tube.
    Oh well, looks like no work wll be done today until i figure out a way to se this.

:)
  12. outerelf

outerelf Active Member

It is on youtube! Right here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiMZa8flyYY&feature=topvideos_music
  13. dwmckim

Video's already at over a million views on Youtube.

You know what i was thinking (after the umpteenth time watching it?) How exciting watching this video would be for a Muppet fan who hadn't really seen "The Muppets" trailers or been real spoilered about the movie; seeing all these long unseen characters in the vid.
    frogboy4 likes this.
  14. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

I love this video! It is very creative.I especially liked how the Muppets became puppeteers!! This video shows the Muppets at their best-lots of crazyness and chaos.
    frogboy4 likes this.
  15. G-MAN

G-MAN Active Member

Love, love, love this video, lol
  16. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I think some of them were digitally enlongated. I mean, just look at Wayne's Jay Leno-esque chin!:

[​IMG]
  17. LinkiePie<3

LinkiePie<3 Well-Known Member

I think I'm in love... with epic win-ness! <3
    Frogpuppeteer likes this.
  18. dwmckim

LOL - that screen capture is hilarious!

I think my fave part of the video is the puppeteering bit - just because the (Muppet!) puppeteering on it is hilariously perfectly matching what the Muppeteers look like - their hunched over to the side stances - eyes locked on monitors...plus the addition of a right-hander...and it's RIZZO! And Animal puppeteering the drummer - it's all too marvelous!
    newsmanfan and Bannanasketch like this.
  19. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

newsmanfan, wes, ploobis and 4 others like this.
  20. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I assume that's Matt Vogel performing Pops.
    Duke Remington likes this.