Okay... I'm TOTALLY excited for Wreck it Ralph now...

Drtooth

Reaction score
I've ALWAYS hated the name Bowser for King Koopa (his Japanese and animated series name)... for the record, his name has been retconned as King Bowser Koopa.

Even if the movie isn't all that good, it'll be the best American movie Koopa's ever been in. That's for sure.

Shame there is virtually NO chance for Koopa or Dr. Wily merchandise tying into this movie. But I'm still in. Dr. Wily being in that film completely uplifted the spirtis of the jilted Mega Man fanbase... they're mostly happy for the Archie comic book series, but all the video games they announced were canned.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I've ALWAYS hated the name Bowser for King Koopa (his Japanese and animated series name)... for the record, his name has been retconned as King Bowser Koopa.

Even if the movie isn't all that good, it'll be the best American movie Koopa's ever been in. That's for sure.

Shame there is virtually NO chance for Koopa or Dr. Wily merchandise tying into this movie. But I'm still in. Dr. Wily being in that film completely uplifted the spirtis of the jilted Mega Man fanbase... they're mostly happy for the Archie comic book series, but all the video games they announced were canned.
I'm surprised that Disney would even use these characters

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm surprised that Disney would even use these characters
When the movie first broke out, there was word that one of the characters would be a Pac-Man ghost. I'm sure glad they took the time and care to pay licensing fees to give us actual video game characters, instead of watered down, thinly veiled, obvious parodies. That said, they spent a fortune in licensing for the movie Cars, because most of those cars are famous makes and models, all owned by big brands. They could have just cheaped out and went with generic cars, but we see Jeeps and Volkswagens and Fiats, among others.

It's no doubt a Video Game equivalent of Roger Rabbit. So far it looks like Namco, Nintendo, and Capcom are on board... Sega, from the accounts of Dr. Eggman. I wonder if they just paid a flat fee for every game company, or they had to go with individual payments for certain characters in games.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I'm still skeptical, but the trailer does look promising.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I'll see it; looks interesting. I chuckled at the use of "Once in a Lifetime" in the trailer.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Whoa, now I am totally excited for this movie as well now. That's too awesome.