1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Old Forum: Need a picture next to your membername?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Phillip, Feb 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. MuppetLabsBoy

MuppetLabsBoy Member

How do you get an animation as your avatar?:search:
  2. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I think it's because the picture size is small, small, small. It's a really really old gif.
  3. MuppetCaper

MuppetCaper Active Member

I did a newer Avatar for mine. You can actually make it 200x200 pixels like I did in photoshop. If anyone needs help resizing their avatars or making them, let me know by sending a PM. I wouldn't mind helping out if anyone needs it! ;)
  4. Fraggline

Fraggline Active Member

Just making sure...it's okay to use any internet picture for my avatar? even if I don't know any copyright issues?
  5. MuppetCaper

I am pretty sure you can use any kind of picture for your avatar. I think most the people on MC do...or any other forum for that matter. It's just for your personal use.
  6. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

I'm useing a pic of me this time around, but no telling how long I will keep it.
  7. MuppetCaper

Nice Muppet Pic....don't remember that character. Maybe in the next Muppet Movie? ;)
  8. Fraggline

Fraggline Active Member

Oh, good. Thanks! Now I just have to choose...:confused:
  9. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

New avatar for me. I went to all the trouble of making the background transparent so he'd look like he was all dynamic and bursting out of the frame, and he ends up in a little white box anyway. Phooey.

I get the impression from earlier posts that animated GIFs won't animate as avatars. If so, phooey. I'd love to 8-bit this image and animate it in the style of the original Move Your Feet video.
  10. MuppetCaper

You might want to save the file as a .png file and then upload it to see if this works. It works like a .gif file and leaves the background of your avatar transparent.
  11. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

I think the box is part of the board's format, as it has a blue border. I'm not too worried about that; I could have seen it coming, in fact, if I'd looked closely at the board before making my icon.

I'd rather have GIF animation, but I'm guessing that's a no-go.
  12. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

What's the new icon size? My Red's all pixely now :p
  13. The Shoe Fairy

The Shoe Fairy Active Member

Redsonga has a point, I'm going to change my avatar (first time in 2 years, heh) to Puppyduck soon enough but I'd like to know the new size.
  14. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.