Old Friends Who've Just Met

RedDragon

Reaction score
Great chap...want spaghetti. I mean!...want more story...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah... More spaghetti... Er, more story rather.

Good chapter, the decision's starting to take root in Gonzo's heart...TGMC reference when the spaghetti was talking to Fozzie, made me laugh.
And the way Des Filmer manipulates Earth food... Very good description, you must've been watching The Secrets of the Muppets from JHH.

OK... So how long before we pull out the nagging sticks for more story?

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Great chapter! I too loved the bit with the spaghetti! I was laughing out loud! I hope to read more soon! This is great! Nice to see Gonzo in the spotlight for a change. :smile:

muppetwriter

Reaction score
I haven't read all of Chapter 5 yet, but from what I've read so far in Chaps 1 through 4, this is one awesome story written by the marvelous pawncracker!

There's some pretty deep stuff in the story; that one part with Gonzo crashing through that brick wall really had me fearing for his life. And I love the conversation between Kermit and Uncle Deadly--those were some serious emotions that Deadly expressed there. I've also enjoyed the "This is Your Life" moments in the story with Gonzo; my favorite part was when you brought in The Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come. It's good to see that I'm not the only one who uses the "Black Abyss" atmosphere during comatose situations (see "The Great X-Muppet Caper").

I've noticed that the stories I've been reading lately have a lot of appearances by Uncle Deadly. That's one Muppet character that I haven't written into a story; but I think he'd fit in with the rest of the supernatural characters in one story that I'll be writing in the future. I've yet to see the Vincent Price episode of The Muppet Show, although from reading everyone else's tales, I think I have his character down.

Can't wait to read more.:smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey MW... Good to see you here. You need a reading list of some other author's stories? LMK which ones and I can put something together for you.

And yes, not only do you need to watch the Vincent Price TMS episode... But you need the Twiggy TMS episode to get the backstory on UD's origins in the Muppet Universe.
Both those episodes are part of the Season 1 boxset, though you might want to get the Vincent Price episode from another trader to get the final number, "You've Got A Friend".

muppetwriter

Reaction score
The Count said:
Hey MW... Good to see you here. You need a reading list of some other author's stories? LMK which ones and I can put something together for you.
Thanks, Count. When I think up some, I'll let you know.:smile:

The Count said:
And yes, not only do you need to watch the Vincent Price TMS episode... But you need the Twiggy TMS episode to get the backstory on UD's origins in the Muppet Universe.
Both those episodes are part of the Season 1 boxset, though you might want to get the Vincent Price episode from another trader to get the final number, "You've Got A Friend".
I'll be sure to watch both eps before I get started on the story that I'm putting him in. I'll send you a PM telling what kind of story I'm writing him into and what his role will be, because I want everyone else to be surprised.:wink:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Chapter 6

Scooter stood at the door of the Electric Mayhem bus with his handy clipboard. "Alright, Yolanda, Yorrick, Zippity Zap and Zoot," Scooter checked off on his list as a female rat, purple skull, teal frog like creature wearing sunglasses and a hat and the fifty year-old burnt out Zoot boarded the bus. Scooter flipped through the pages on his checklist. "Well, we're only missing one person...Where is-Oh, it's my name, heh."

Clifford, who was standing nearby, shook his head. "Head 'em up move 'em out Scoot," he said as he climbed on the bus as well. "You Bobo, you sure you're gonna be alright watching the house by yourself?" Clifford called to a large brown bear standing on the porch.

The bear laughed. "Yeah boss, don't worry, I got it all under control here, go on, just make sure you bring our little blue buddy back!" Bobo the Bear called back.

"A'ight dude," Clifford called as Scooter climbed on the bus as well. "Ok Dr. Teeth, get this old thing to the hospital!"

"You got it Cliff, it's time to move this groove thing, heh heh!" Dr. Teeth laughed as he pulled the bus out of the driveway.

Miss Piggy stuck her head out of one of the busses windows. "I can't believe moi let vous talk me into riding in this smelly bus with you bunch of weirdos!" she shouted as the bus drove down the road.

Sam Eagle stuck his head out another window. "I agree whole-heartedley and Americanly!"

Bobo turned back into the boarding house and walked into the kitchen. "Welp, I'm all by myself...Alone..." he looked around the empty house. "Better make some jalapeno sandwiches for the guys when they get back, Gonzo loves those jalapenos!" he said as he moved into the kitchen.

Bobo moved through the kitchen spreading peanut butter on the bread and putting jalapenos on top. The bear didn't always go by Bobo, in fact, seven years ago when he worked at the secret government agency C.O.V.N.E.T. he wen tby Rentro. As it turned out, Rentro was his middle name.

As Bobo placed a second sandwich on top of the first he prepared, he heard a knocking at the door. "Oh boy, that could be my new "Buns of Steel" work out tape!" he said as he walked towards the door. He opened it up and saw two furry creatures standing on the porch. One was taller, wider and blue and the other was shorter, skinnier and pink. "Hello," the blue one said. "I'm Butch, this is my cohort Clyde here, and um, we're looking for Rentro, is he in?"

"Nope," Bobo said. "I like Bobo better," the bear smiled.

"Oh hi!" Clyde said. "We've read all about you in a secret file and-"

"Shut it Clyde!" Butch said as he smacked Clyde in the stomach. "Sorry, Bobo," Butch said. "But uh, we're from C.O.V.N.E.T. Don't know if you remember, but we used to work together," Butch lied, hoping this dim-witted bear believed him.

Bobo stared at the blue monster. "Well c'mon in!" Bobo said. "It's always great to meet fellow C.O.V.ies. Heh, that's what I call us, C.O.V.ies."

Butch sighed in relief. "Thanks, I think we will come in," he said as he dragged Clyde inside the boarding house.

The doctors had examined Gonzo's bones, and it was true, he had been completely healed, and was being released from the hospital early.

The weirdo stood over his bed, packing the few belongings Camilla had brought yesterday. The thought he was all alone right now, the others had gone to lunch in the cafeteria. But he wasn't the only one in the room.

"So they're lettin' ya out, huh?" Arnie said as he walked over on a cane.

Gonzo looked at the old man. "Yeah," he said, closing his suitcase. "So Arnie, we never got to talk, why are you in the hospital?"

Arnie sat down on Gonzo's bed and sighed. "It's the cancer my friend."

"What?!" Gonzo shouted. "You've got cancer?"

Arnie nodded. "And if I wasn't cooped up in here, I'd be out livin' my life to the fullest!"

Gonzo shrugged. "I used to think the same way," he sighed.

"What happened?"

"I realized how much I had to life for, and that it wasn't worth risking myself if I could never see them again."

Arnie turned to Gonzo. "Huh, never thoguht of it that way," he said. "Of course that could be because I don't have anything or anyone really worth living for."

Gonzo sat down next to him. "What? No family?"

Arnie shook his head. "Nope, my wife Helga passed on about a year ago, and my son and I don't speak any longer."

"But...How..." Gonzo stood up. "I tell you what Arnie, I've got a trip to go on tomorrow, but as soon as I get back, I'm coming back here and picking you up, and I"m gonna show you the time of your life!"

Arnie stared at Gonzo. "Do you really mean that?"

Gonzo nodded. "Yeah, I promise," he said extending his hand to Arnie.

Arnie grabbed the feathery blue hand and pulled himself off the bed. "Thanks Gonzo, that means more than you know," he hugged the weirdo.

Gonzo hugged him back. "No problem Arnie, you cared for me, and you didn't even know me, and that's more than enough thanks," Gonzo picked up his suitcase. "Now, stay put, or else I won't know where to find you when I get back!"

Arnie laughed. "Yeah I promise," he winked.

Gonzo smiled and walked out of the room.
Zongo returned to the quarters of Onzogo to report on Gonzo's condition. "Sir, Des Filmer has delivered your message, and Gonzo will be joining us in two Earth days."

Onzgo nodded. "Thank you Ed."

Zongo looked puzzled. "Ed?"

Onzgo shook his head. "Sorry, sorry Zongo. Do forgive me, it's just my mind, it seems to be slipping these days."

Zongo nodded. "It's quite alright sir, shall I leave you alone?" he asked.

Onzgo nodded. "Please, if any news comes in on Gonzo, report it to me immediately."

"But of course," Zongo said, bowing. As he left, he turned back to the leader and sighed. It was coming to and end.

Onzgo sat alone in his dark, secluded chamber, pondering life, his life and the lives of others. It all seemed like such a blur now, and he let it pass by. He should have enjoyed it more while it lasted, but it was too late now. Onzgo was dying.

A voice echoed over the alien's large head. "Pardon the interruption my leader, but there's a video call for you," the voice said.

"Put it through," Onzgo said. He turned to the wall where an alien stood in a dark black cape and a bright red suit. His nose was long like a Gonzonian's, except thicker and gray. His sleek black skin showed off his glowing yellow eyes, that were much smaller than a Gonzonian's.

The alien stared down. "Onzgo, I have my ships and weapons ready, I can obliterate your entire fleet and the star ship the remainder of your species lives on, just like I did your planet," it said in a deep, booming voice.

Onzgo glared at the brute. "I have heard your threats before Exod, and your demands are being met. Why do you insist on torturing me and my people?"

Exod laughed a deep maniacal laugh. "Because it's so much fun for me of course! And as always, to deliver the friendly reminder that if my demands aren't met by the dedlin, I will strike and you will rue the day your people crossed me."

The wall turned off and Exod disappeared. Exod's many demands were outrageous, ten-million Szkexels (the Gonzonian form of currency), an entire fleet of high powered, dual-engine, hyper drive compatible ships and finally, to marry Onzgo's only daughter Flanzgo.

His daughter was often reveared as the most beautiful Gonzonian ever spawned. Her radiant pink feathers and purple beak made her near irresistable to admirers. And she was Onzgo's pride and joy.

This is why Gonzo was needed. Gonzo could unlock the secrets from the remains of their planet that was destroyed when Gonzo was launched to Earth in an escape pod many Earth years ago.

Now all Onzgo had to do was wait for his little brother to arrive.

Waiting was never one of his strong suits.
"So Bobo," Butch said. "Uh, we read-HEARD! Heard, sorry, we heard that you've uh, got an alien in the house."

Bobo placed a plate of sandwiches in the middle of the table where Butch and Clyde sat. "Well not right now," Bobo said sitting down. "Y'see, he had a little accident, he's in the hospital right now."

Butch and Clyde looked at each other. "Well, that's really the only reason we came," Clyde said, standing up. "We'll be seein' ya Mr. Bobo."

Butch pulled the pink Muppet back down. "Sorry for my assistant Bobo, but he's a little tense," Butch said kicking Clyde under the table. "But, uh, do you have any idea when the alien might be home?"

Bobo scratched his head. "Hold on just a second there, you don't have any of those, uh, those really big guns do ya?"

"Not with us, but-" Clyde began.

Butch clamped his hand over Clyde's beak. "No way Bobo, we would never, ever think of harming your friend the alien. We just want an autograph, we're huge fans," Butch lied.

Bobo stared at the two of them and stroked his chin. "Well me too! But, uh, just make sure you ask for the autograph at the right time, if you know what I mean," Bobo whispered to Clyde.

Clyde smiled and nodded. "How much do you think we could get for one of those autographs on Ebay?" Butch kicked Clyde again. "OW! Why do you keep doing that?"

"Doing what?" Bobo asked.

Butch picked up a sandwich. "Making these delicious sandwiches, heh heh..."

"Uh..." said Bobo, confused.

"Never mind, never mind," Butch shook his head. "But, uh, just outta curiosity here, does your little alien friend have a spaceship?"

"A spaceship?" Bobo asked as he was cleaning up the plates from lunch. "Well Gonzo doesn't have one, but I guess Bunsen and Beaker do have a couple down there in the basement..."

Butch stood up. "Great! Thanks so much, that's all we needed to konw," he said pulling Clyde out of his chair and pushing him towards the door.

"Yeah! Thanks!" Clyde said. "And any chance you can get me that autograph?"

"Yeah sure, no problem little buddy, heh heh," Bobo laughed as the two "C.O.V.ies" walked out the door.​

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
It is really great Ryan! I really liked the scene between Gonzo and Artie. It was nice. Other great humorous things with the Muppets at home, and more obscure Muppets that we don't usually see too, it's kind of nice!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Ryan... Great chapter and all...

Just lemme get these nitpicks outta the way first. *Pushes picks off of nits.
1 The peppers Bobo's using for sandwiches, should be "jalapeños".
You can get the n with the funny Spanish squiggle line by pressing the NumLock key on your keyboard, holding Alt down and type 164 on the numpad. Then let go of Alt and unlock the NumLock to keep writing.
2 The Gonzonian who's in charge of the mothership... That's the one Jerry Nelson voiced in MFS, right? Cause his name was Uber-Gonzo.
Oznog was Gonzo dressed in a sort of white vaudeville outfit, with a straw hat topped by a Christmas sprig. He was part of the Teppums from JHH.
3 Is Uber-Gonzo's daughter's name "Flanzog"? Or should it be "Flaznog"?
Just asking to get it straight, since there've been some prevalent typos with those names in the previous chapters.

Now, on to the good...
Was funny to hear the Muppets grumbling on the EM bus on their way to see Gonzo.
The scene with Arnie and Gonzo was nice... Gives Gonzo a reason to come back, and hopefully resume his daredevilish ways.
Butch and Clyde... You've got a good thing going with them poking and prodding around the MBH, even if they are on the villainistic side of things.

But the part I liked the very most was near the beginning... Scooter reading and checking off names of who was on the bus...
Posted by Prawny: "Scooter stood at the door of the Electric Mayhem bus with his handy clipboard. "Alright, Yolanda, Yorrick, Zippity Zap and Zoot," Scooter checked off on his list as a female rat, purple skull, teal frog like creature wearing sunglasses and a hat and the fifty year-old burnt out Zoot boarded the bus. Scooter flipped through the pages on his checklist. "Well, we're only missing one person...Where is-Oh, it's my name, heh.""
His momentary self omission made me laugh, and I rully liked how you quickly described each Muppet in turn.

Post more... Please... Soon-ish?