Old Friends Who've Just Met

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Ooh! The last part with Butch and Clyde! It's getting interesting! Also enjoyed the scene with Kermit and Rowlf. I always love it when people really dig into their friendship. Great stuff, can't wait to see more!

christyb

Reaction score
Fabulous chapter! Twas great. I loved the part about The Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
The Count said:
Spooky... The first, a reference to Sara's Remembering The Good Times and the third a reference to The Revenge of Elmo?
No to both actually...:halo: You'll just have to wait and see. :smirk:

But...You'll have to wait til Monday cause I'm heading out tonight and won't have access to my computer or this story...Don't hurt me! *cowers hugging teddy bear*

Beauregard

Reaction score
Back and Back and Reading! Hi, I know you nagged me to read, but the nagging was well worth it because I really do honestly like this story. It's got everything a Ryan story needs. Muppets playing cards. Uncle Deadly. Family. Furry Things (Was that his mold collection? No, wait, he sold that, right?). And finally a nice big dream sequence, songs, and flashbacks.

Well done Ryan!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
RedDragon said:
Great story Ry-guy, can't wait for more...
Me either...:halo:

But hopefully tomorrow afternoon I'll be able to get Chapter 5 posted.

HOPEFULLY! :eek:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Haha! I got him to read my fan-fic again! :crazy: No problem Snowthy, anytime! :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
theprawncracker said:
Haha! I got him to read my fan-fic again!
Sorry, the fan-fic and fan-art board is one of the few I rarely visit, or think to visit.:embarrassed:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Chapter 5

The next morning, Kermit, Rowlf, Fozzie, Camilla and Rizzo had all piled into Kermit's green mini-van. Kermit took the driver's seat, Fozzie took passenger's and the other three climbed in back.

The rest of the Muppets stayed behind at the boarding house, they would head to the hospital later in the day. Kermit drove his van to the hospital parking lot and pulled into a slip. "Alright guys," Kermit said eyeing the group getting uot of the car with him. "Whatever happens when we get inside, we just have to believe that Gonzo's gonna pull through. Right?"

"Right!" the others agreed.

Camilla, Rizzo and Rowlf walked off towards the door. Kermit began to walk off as well, but Fozzie stopped him. "Kermit?" Fozzie asked.

Kermit turned around. "Yeah Fozzie?"

"Kermit, what if Gonzo...Doesn't...You know..."

Kermit looked at his feet. "Fozzie, we just have to believe. That's got us far before," Kermit smiled.

"Yeah but...But Gonzo...Gonzo he's hurt Kermit...Hurt bad, how much believing can we possibly do?"

Kermit put his arm around Fozzie's shoulder. "Life's like a movie, write your own ending, keep believing keep pretending."

Fozzie smiled and nodded. "Yeah, thanks Kermit."

"You're welcome Fozzie," Kermit replied as he and Fozzie walked the rest of the way into the hospital.

* * * * * * * * * * * *​

A tall alien walked down a massive hallway of a space station, he was being passed by other members of his kind. To his left were three massive glass windows revealing the starry skyline and two moons.​

The alien wore a tall golden hat (to cover his tall head), and a shining golden cape over his red vest coat covering his molting gray-blue feathers.​

When he reached a door at the end of the hallway, he grabbed the handles and pulled it open. He walked inside and towards and large screen depicting Gozno in his hospital bed. "Kermit!" Gonzo shouted. The screen rewound itself back to Gonzo unconscious in the bed. "Kermit!" he shouted again.​

"So he has awoken?" the alien asked a large human male in a purple cape cut beneath his shoulder blades that was standing in front of him.​

The man turned to face him. "Yes Onzgo," he said. "He's been awake since early morning on Earth, his friends are on their way to his room."​

The alien called Onzgo nodded. "Very good Zongo, now, go to Des Filmer. And here, give him this message to send to Gonzo," Onzgo said, handing the man a piece of paper.​

The man named Zongo half-bowed. "Yes sir," he walked out an automatic door. The man was once an Earthling, his name used to be K. Edgar Singer. His life on Earth was full of ridicule. They'd call him names like "Weirdo," "Freak Boy," and "Paranoid Delusional Psychopath." But that's why he left that life behind to come to outer space with a group of aliens that landed on Earth to greet their long-lost brother Gonzo. He was quickly loved by the aliens for his physical humor, he was adorned with a cape, renamed Zongo and was given the position of Ambassador to Earth. This is where he truly belonged.​

He made his way to the cafeteria where he knocked on a door three times. "Mr. Filmer? It's Zongo, Onzgo needs you."​

The door cracked open and an alien poked his long orange nose out. "Needs me for what?" the alien asked.​

"Well, um, your special brand of, well, food, to make contact with his brother on Earth."​

"Again?" the alien asked as he opened the door fully. "Well, it has been seven Earth years since last time. Come on in!" he motioned to Zongo.​

"Thank you Des," Zong said as he moved inside.​

Des Filmer wore large yellow spectacles on his eyes, and a white lab coat. "Now, what would the big boss prefer this time?" he asked.​

Zongo scratched his hed, "Well, I'm not sure, I assume he'd want you to manipulate whatever they're having for lunch today on Earth."​

"And how do we find out what that is?" Des asked.​

"Turn your monitor on channel 10-57PM," Zongo said.​

Des Filmer picked up a remote control, "Now, do I type the number then press the square?"​

"No, no the square, then the number, then the oval, then the cylinder and finally the star," Zongo explained.​

Des Filmer looked at the remote, then handed it to Zongo. "Here, you do it! Danged universal remote," Des muttered.​

Zongo pushed a series of buttons on the remote and pointed it at a wall that lit up revealing a monitor. On the monitor, a chef was preparing a tray of spaghetti with two meatballs on top inside a cafeteria."Ah, here we are, looks like spaghetti's on the menu today Des."​

Des grinned. "Ooh! A tricky one! Fabulous!" he walked over to a system of wires and cords dangling from the ceiling. At the end of the wires was a metal glove sitting on a table. Des Filmer slipped the glove on his hand. His thumb through the bottom, his other three fingers through the top. "Now it's all a simple matter of puppetry!"​

* * * * * * * * * * * *​

Gonzo lay awake in his bed in the hospital. His four limbs were still either bandaged or in slings. He turned his head and glanced at the clock that read 11:48AM. Gonzo looked back to the ceiling and sighed. "Where is everyone?" he asked the air.​

"I've been askin' that question for two months now!" an elderly voice said from behind a sheet to the right of Gonzo.​

"Who said that?" Gonzo asked.​

The sheet pulled back and an old man lay in a bed next to Gonzo. "Me! Arnie," said an old, bald man to the right of Gozno.​

"Oh, hi," Gonzo said, he didn't know that he had a neighbor. "Um, I'm, uh, I'm Gonzo."​

"Nice to meet ya," Arnie said. "And nice to see ya awake, you've been out like a light for almost a day!"​

Gonzo nodded, "Yeah, I know, thanks for the concern though."​

Just before Arnie could answer, a chicken burst through the door. "Gonzo!" she clucked loudly.​

Gonzo turned to look at the door as Camilla darted in and jumped atop his bed, clucking and pecking him. Gonzo laughed. "Camilla, Camilla, watch the casts!"​

"No one ever watches my casts," Arnie sighed as he rolled back over in his bed. Gonzo looked at him, but got distracted by the rat that dove on top of him.​

"You little-You had me worried-You're okay! Ha ha!" Rizzo said.​

Kermit, Fozzie and Rowlf all walked in as well. "Ah! You were wrong Gonzo, one of these days my jokes will not kill you!"​

Gonzo laughed. "I guess I was Fozzie," he said.​

"Well Fozzie," Rowlf said examining the casts. "I'd say you came pretty close."​

Kermit watched as Gonzo hugged and reunited with the others. "It's good to have you back Gonzo," he said, smiling at the weirdo.​

The others quieted down and Gonzo smiled back. "Thanks Kermit, it's good to be back."​

* * * * * * * * * * * *​

After about ten minutes of talking to Gonzo, calling the boarding house to tell the other Muppets he was alright and Arnie falling asleep finally a nurse brought in a tray of spaghetti for Gonzo.​

"Eat up now," the nurse said as she left the room.​

"Thanks I will," Gonzo called after her.​

Fozzie looked at the spaghetti and grimaced. "What's the deal with hospital food?"​

Rowlf laughed. Rizzo rubbed his hands together. "Hey, I'll take it if you don't want it."​

"Thanks Rizzo, but I think I'll keep it," Gonzo said as he picked up his fork and began to bring it down on the pasta.​

"Gonzo? Is that you?" the spaghetti asked, causing all the Muppets in the room to jump.​

Gonzo stared at it, Kermit and the others moved closer and looked at the meal strangely. "Gonzo, what's going on?" Kermit asked.​

"It must be my family again, they're contacting me through my food, just like last time!" Gonzo said to Kermit. He returned his attention to his meal. "Yeah, this is Gonzo."​

"Great! Now, we were wondering when you could come out to space with us," the spaghetti asked.​

The other Muppets looked at each other. "Out to space?" Fozzie asked.​

"Yeah you know," the spaghetti said. "The great beyond, the final frontier? Wait, who is this?"​

"Fozzie," the bear replied.​

"Just one of my friends," Gonzo said. "But uh, I don't know if I'll be going into space with you guys," he said to the food.​

"Not going?" it asked. "But why?"​

"I'm done with all that," Gonzo said plainly. "No more life-threatening situations."​

Kermit gasped. "Gonzo, are you serious?"​

Gonzo nodded. "Yeah, no more."​

"But Gonzo," the plate of food said. "We need you. You're the only one who can save us. If you don't come, no one will be able to help us!"​

"I'm sorry, but I can't help you!" Gonzo said back.​

"But if you don't, we'll all die!" the spaghetti said.​

All was silent. "Die?" Rowlf asked.​

"Yes Fozzie," the spaghetti said to the dog.​

"That's Rowlf," Fozzie said quietly. "I'm Fozzie."​

The spaghetti turned to the bear. "Oh yeah, you've got the hat," he turned back to Gonzo. "Help us Gonzo the Great, you're out only hope."​

"What is dis, Star Trek?" Rizzo whispered to Kermit.​

Gonzo looked down at his food, and over to each of his friends. This was a matter of life or death now. "Kermit," Gonzo said to the frog. "What do you think?"​

Kermit looked down at his feet and held his hands to his chest. "Well Gonzo...We...We'll all be here for you when you get back."​

Gonzo nodded. "Alright, I'll help you."​

The spaghetti cheerd. "Great! Now, do you have transportation?"​

Gonzo thought for a minute, "Well, Bunsen and Beaker did build a rocket once."​

"Didn't work worth a darn," Rowlf muttered.​

"Yeah," Gonzo said. "I can get there."​

"Great! So you can fly up on Thursday?"​

"What? Thursday? That's in two days! And my bones are broken!" Gonzo said.​

"That's never stopped you before!" Rizzo said.​

"Yeah, and besides that, they're already completely healed," the spaghetti said.​

"What?" all the Muppets asked.​

"Yup, we Gonzonians have highly advanced immune systems."​

"Gonzonians?" Kermit asked.​

"You bet little lizard man," the pasta said. "That's our species."​

"Wow," Gonzo said, taking the sling off his arm and moving it about. "I was named after our species..."​

"So Thursday then?" the spaghetti asked once more.​

"Yeah, yeah, Thursday's fine."​

"Great! Oh, and you can go ahead and eat me now, you'll need-"​

"My strength, I know I know," Gonzo said, sticking his fork into the food.​

"See you Thursday!" it said once more, making the other Muppets jump.​

"Thursday, yeah," Gonzo shook his head. "He does that every time."​