Old School Sesame coming to DVD October 2006

What would you rather see on the Nostalgia Sesame Street box set?

• Complete, uncut episodes

Votes: 59 46.1%
  • Compilations of the best skits

Votes: 28 21.9%
  • A combination of a few complete episodes and bonus skits

Votes: 41 32.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I have been thinking, although Sesame Workshop confirmed in a few e-mails that this set is comming out, has Sesame Workshop made any official announcements outside of e-mails? I do believe this info, I just wish there would be an official press release.

superboober

Reaction score
One thing I'm now wondering is if the vintage CPB tags and NET/PBS IDs would be left intact on a reissued complete episode.

idlelyla

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
I have been thinking, although Sesame Workshop confirmed in a few e-mails that this set is comming out, has Sesame Workshop made any official announcements outside of e-mails? I do believe this info, I just wish there would be an official press release.
I have to agree with you here. I've tried to find other information outside of the emails reported on this forum and I've come up with *nothing*. Seems to me that they would be doing a lot more advertising since such a dvd set would probably be extremely popular - not just with collector's but with parents (or step-parents, like me! =D) - who want their children to enjoy Sesame Street the way it used to be, with the Elmo Factor turned down several notches.

Not that I doubt that there will someday be a DVD release of Sesame Street, I just can't fathom that everything would be going smoothly as far as getting rights and whatnot sorted out for the projected release date in October without them advertising the set more...

I hope I'm wrong. =/

Ernie101

Reaction score
Ok, so i'm a little late here. When seeing the term nostalgic used, I also thought that these would be full episodes. How much nostalgia can you get from just skits? I do understand that due to some legalities that their backs may be against the wall in terms of releasing full episodes.. however, i hope that this will not always be the case.

Also, the commentary idea is a must. That would indefinatly make up for not having full episodes. but something is always better than nothing.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
That info from Deep Discount is a bit more reassuring, though it doens't say what it's source is. The fact that it is called Sesame Street Old School Vol. 1 sounds appropiate considering that the next season will focus on starting school. Now I feel convinced that the set will include full episodes. I could be wrong, but now I feel that it will just be full episodes (and not just a selection of skits).

Ernie101

Reaction score
I would still probally buy it even if it were skits, but come on! Our polls say 47 % want full uncut episodes.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
That's only 47% of people at MC who have happened to have seen this thread, though. Personally I don't want just uncut episodes because that takes up way too much disc space when you could have sooooooooooooooo many more skits and songs and classic SS moments on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.