Old School Sesame coming to DVD October 2006

What would you rather see on the Nostalgia Sesame Street box set?

• Complete, uncut episodes

Votes: 59 46.1%
  • Compilations of the best skits

Votes: 28 21.9%
  • A combination of a few complete episodes and bonus skits

Votes: 41 32.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I am going to make some top ten lists for types of skits that I want on the set:

top ten Ernie and Bert skits:
Ernie eats Bert's cake
Ernie and Bert share jellybeans
Bert imagines himself ice skating
Ernie paints a picture of Bert
Ernie makes a clay sculpture of Bert
Ernie puts the radio knob on Bert
Ernie imagines himself with Bert's personality
The Blackout
Ernie eats Bert's ice cream
The Banana Sketch (both parts)

Top ten Grover skits:
Grover the waiter: Alphabet Soup
Grover the waiter: Hamburger
Grover the waiter: Simon Soundman
Grover the waiter: The Count
Proud of Me
Grover gives Kermit ears
cavemen Grover and Biff invent the wheel
Beat the Time: Grover
Kermit and Grover demonstrate near and far
Near and Far

top ten Cookie Monster skits:
Cookie Monster gives Ernie magical sunglasses
Cookie Monster and Kermit demonstrate happy, sad, and angry
The Ballad of Casey McPhee
What's My Part?: Nose
Circles
Mmmonster meal
Up and Down
Cookie Disco
Me Lost Me Cookie At the Disco

top ten number skits:
let's sing a song of one
let's sing a song of three
let's sing a song of nine
Five People in my Family
Five Monsters in my Family
Jazzy Spies #7
The Number Painter #3
Pinball Number Count #2
Penny Candy Man
It's a Lovely Eleven Morning

top ten letter skits:
The Typewriter Guy: A
A, You're Adorable
Mystery Guest
Harvey Kneeslapper: Wanna C?
Very Very Special Letter
Just Because
Monsters whisper C
Monsters look at A
Harvey Kneslapper: X marks the spot
Lefty attempts to sell a U

I'll post more later.

Barbarella

Reaction score
I certainly hope that if it's a "Best of" thing, they don't fill it with Elmo and a lot of the new Sesame Muppets. I'm a fan of the older, classic stuff- pre Elmo. And before everyone could see Snuffy. I would love to see some of those older animated segments as well as characters who disappeared like Sam the Machine, and the Amazing Mumford. Oh and the Twiddlebugs! Now I'm getting all nostalgic- really should get back to work.

pherzmom

Reaction score
Wooo Hooo

We cant wait!I hope they will use entire earliest episodes, and then keep 'em coming. My older son has watched some 80's video recorded tapes of Sesame Street, but the little guy loses interest. Steel drum making segment I remember from my own childhood is one I'm glad to have, even in poor quality :frown:

BillKal

Reaction score
Well it looks like it may be a complilation set.

The title is called "Sesame Street Nostalgia box set - The First Five Years" and it contains only 3 DVDs.

Hopefully they fill these DVDS to the brink with classic clips!!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
BillKal said:
Well it looks like it may be a complilation set.

The title is called "Sesame Street Nostalgia box set - The First Five Years" and it contains only 3 DVDs.

Hopefully they fill these DVDS to the brink with classic clips!!
How did you find out about the title and number of discs?

Just because it is the first five years and three discs does not mean that it will only be inserts. I have read that a single disc can hold up to four hours, so this set could have up to 12 complete episodes.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I am now a little releived to know that the set covers the first five years, mainly so I know what years it focuses on. I would have liked for it to have included a few skits from the early 1980s, but I'm happy with it having material from the first five years. I wonder why the title changed from "Old School Vol. 1" to "Nostalgia Box Set -- The First Five Years". I hope there won't be any more title changes. It is also interesting that the title no longer says "Vol. 1". I hope that Sesame Workshop is considering making more volumes of the early years.

If there are more volumes, I wonder if there will be a title like "More of the First Five Years", or "The First Ten Years", or if there will be a different title altogether.

mjb1124

Reaction score
Is there any confirmation that the title is "Nostalgia Box Set - The First Five Years"? The title on Amazon is listed as "Nostalgia Set First Fiv", and since the running time is 300 minutes, I'm wondering if it's actually the first five episodes. I would be a bit disappointed if that were the case, but I'd still buy it.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Taco Monster said:
Is there any confirmation that the title is "Nostalgia Box Set - The First Five Years"? The title on Amazon is listed as "Nostalgia Set First Fiv", and since the running time is 300 minutes, I'm wondering if it's actually the first five episodes. I would be a bit disappointed if that were the case, but I'd still buy it.
Now that would be pretty cool to see the first five since we've seen the first episode and some of the others but the first five would be pretty neat to see. I would also still buy it.

BillKal

Reaction score
I found the title on Amazon as well. Not sure if I'm going to pre-order this baby yet. I'd like to find out a little more about it first.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind if it was just the first five episodes, though I would like to see a nice variety of episodes from the first few seasons. I would like to see some first season episodes, though there are a lot of characters who weren't around during the first season (like The Count, Mr. Snuffleupagus, Herry Monster, Little Jerry and the Monotones, Biff, Sully, Simon Soundman, Herbert Birdsfoot, Roosevelt Franklin, and others).

Of course, if it's just listed online as "Nostalgia Set-first five", and the title listed isn't complete, then maybe it is "The first five season premiers". That would be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.