1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Old School Sesame coming to DVD October 2006

Discussion in 'Sesame Merchandise' started by FuzzyBlue71, May 11, 2006.

?

What would you rather see on the Nostalgia Sesame Street box set?

Poll closed Aug 27, 2006.
  1. Complete, uncut episodes

59 vote(s)
    46.1%
  2. Compilations of the best skits

28 vote(s)
    21.9%
  3. A combination of a few complete episodes and bonus skits

41 vote(s)
    32.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Pug Lover

Pug Lover New Member

Sesame Street:Old School 1969-1974

I trust you're all aware of this awesome DVD set that's scheduled to be released this month or next month.It sounds like a better deal than the previous DVD and video storyline compilations,where the original SS episodes are concerned.I just pre-ordered my copy from Amazon.com.And I look so forward to seeing these episodes again.I'd especially look forward to seeing the debut episode.I was born in 1970,and didn't start tuning into the show regularly until around 1973-74.So I don't believe I've ever seen the very first episode of Sesame Street.

I'm pretty excited!
  2. MrsWembly

MrsWembly New Member

I can't wait either PugLover! I'm very excited! Its going to be released
    Oct. 24. :p

Its perfect because I'm going to Sesame Street Live Oct. 26. YEAH!!!
  3. Tim Kelly

Tim Kelly Member

You are correct! Now, I wonder if the ending will be intact, where the Prince is screaming for his horse.
  4. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf New Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are you talking about the part where Prince Charming realizes he's lost his horse and tells Kermit to "shut up" when Kermit tries to console him?

Or is that just my childhood memory playing tricks on me?

If it's true, then I imagine they'll probably have to cut it out or dub over the audio for that part. After all, even though the target audience for this is nostalgic fans, there's probably going to be lot of kids who see it too.
  5. Pug Lover

Pug Lover New Member

Here are some of the sketches I hope to see:
    The Two Muppet Martians(Yip yip yip)
    Ernie & Bert:Leaky faucet
    Ernie & Bert:Counting sheep,fire engines,balloons
    Ernie and Cookie Monster:pillow
    Jerry & The Monotones:Sad
    Super Grover:Boys fight over apple.
    Grover the waiter:Hamburger
    Kermit NewsFlash:Little Miss Moffat and the spider
    Beat The Time:Cookie Monster
    Paul Benedict:Number Painter
    Who Are The People In Your Nieghborhood?
    Some sketches I'm certain to see:
    Let's Sing A Song Of#
    Jazzy Spies#
    Talking Typewriter
  6. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I don't think using the word "shut up" is really that big of a deal on a kids show (though when I was in the second and third grade I thought it was a cuss word). And as for whether or not it will be included, here are a few things to consider:

1. It may depend on whether it was edited from whatever episode it is featured in on the set. Somehow I doubt that the scene started getting cut within the first five years, but I could be wrong. If it's included in an episode that originally showed it cut then it will most likely be cut. If it's part of an episode that originally broadcast it uncut, then I hope it's shown as originally broadcast. If it's included as one of the bonus sketches then I hope that Sesame Workshop doens't make any alterations.

2. Did Noggin ever show this segment uncut? If Noggin showed it uncut then that might determine whether Sesame Workshop would allow for it to be shown uncut.

3. The word "Shut up" was said in Follow That Bird, by Sam Sleaze to Sid Sleaze when they get pulled over by the state trooper.
  7. gbrobeck

gbrobeck Member

From what I understand, SW has the ability to use anything they've already done with Kermit. They simply can't use him in anything newly produced.

Greg
  8. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf New Member

For TV broadcasts, yes that's true. If SW wanted to air anything with Kermit on a current show, they already have the rights. But the rights for a DVD release are usually different.

But I think it's a moot point now anyway.
  9. minor muppetz

I don't know if it's considered a frequently asked question or not, but it would be good if the official Sesame Workshop site included the question "Since Kermit and the Sesame Street Muppets are no longer owned by the same company, how can Kermit be used?" We seem to ask this question alot, but I don't know how often Sesame Workshop gets asked this. It would be great if Sesame Workshop could officially explain, in detail, what they can and can't do with old Kermit sketches.
  10. flower

flower New Member

New Sesame Street DVD!!

:)Hey everyone!:)
    Seeing as you, like me, are all avid Sesame Street fans (especially of the old classics!), i thought i would let you know about the new Sesame Street DVD called 'Old School' that is about to be launched according to this website my friend sent me. Check out oldschoolDOTsesamestreetDOTcom and you can see it for yourselves and also exclusive clips from the DVD that are so funny! You gotta check it out! :excited:
  11. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Thanks, Flower! There are threads about the new DVD already, but yeah it's great news. And welcome to the board!
  12. minor muppetz

I wonder how many more threads there will be about this set between now and when the set is released.
  13. minor muppetz

I was just looking at the threads in the Sesame Merchandise folder regarding this set, and it seems like they have all been closed (and looks like they were merged into one tread). There are no posts stating why this happened (it was said why the first thread was closed, as official details were released).
  14. El Sesame

El Sesame New Member

hey thanks for the heads up!:p
    i'll be sure to keep an eye out for the box set when it hits stores.:p
  15. El Sesame

El Sesame New Member

hey thanks for the heads up!
    i'll be sure to keep an eye out for the box set when it hits stores.
  16. nickcoffee12

nickcoffee12 New Member

i just was on the website and i got nothing on the page
  17. Awesome, thanks for the site.
  18. minor muppetz

first five season premiers on Old School Vol. 1

On the page for Old School Vol. 1 at Muppet Wiki, there is a link to an official press release that confirms that the set will contain the first five season premiers (just like many of us have suspected). It also mentioned a few sketches that will be included, though it doens't specifically state whetehr they wll be part of the episodes or bonus sketches (it mentiosn Big Bir dmeeting Snuffy, whch is part of thethird season premier). Some sketches that are confirmed to be included that we previously didn't know would be included are: Bein' Green (not sure which version), Sing with Bob, and Over, Under, Around, and Through.
  19. gbrobeck

gbrobeck Member

I have gotten a hold of a copy (got it today), and I can confirm that fact, and each season premiere is accompanied by a clip section featuring clips from that respective season. I will be writing a review for this site, so expect that soon. I'll hold off on revealing anymore details and just say be sure to read my review!

Greg
  20. chpoof

chpoof New Member

Excellent! I assume all the episodes are unedited (fingers crossed!). Will look forward to reading your review, Greg.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.