Old School Sesame coming to DVD October 2006

What would you rather see on the Nostalgia Sesame Street box set?

• Complete, uncut episodes

Votes: 59 46.1%
  • Compilations of the best skits

Votes: 28 21.9%
  • A combination of a few complete episodes and bonus skits

Votes: 41 32.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

muppet maniac

Reaction score
Oooh I CANNOT wait any longer...

Looking forward to reading the review as well.

:stick_out_tongue: :frown: :grouchy:

...and we're just 8 days away from it! SW-eet!

gbrobeck

Reaction score
I don't know who said Pinball Number Count would be included. It is definitely not on this set at all. All of the bonus clips are from the first five seasons.

Greg

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Me thinks it was mentioned in one of the press releases proffered by Sesame Workshop.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
gbrobeck said:
I don't know who said Pinball Number Count would be included. It is definitely not on this set at all. All of the bonus clips are from the first five seasons.

Greg
I saw it mentioned in the press release that confirmed that it was five episodes from the first five years and mentioned what bonus skits are included. That was mentioned among the bonus clips. I guess it was a mistake.

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
gbrobeck said:

Greg

Hey Greg:

How'd you score an early copy? Can't wait for your review!

mjb1124

Reaction score
I believe the Pinball Count was also shown in the preview video. But I'm not complaining, because as much as I love those segments, they don't belong on this particular set.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've been thinking... it was said that each episode is accompanied by a selection of skits from each season. If there are 45 skits and five episodes, it would make sense for each year to have nine segments included, to make them all even. I don't know if I am right or not, but that's what I predict, and I hope that I know soon.

And I've got another skit to add to the list of included skits that have already been released on video and/ or DVD, but it could be in a maybe. The press release mentioned that it has Kermit singing Bein' Green. I know of three different versions of the song, and two of them have been released on video. The one that hasn't is the version with Lena Horne, but the press release specifically says that it includes "Kermit singing Bein' Green", not "Kermit and Lena Horne singing Bein' Green". o that leaves one of the tw others, but which one?

And I do have mixed feelings about which one. On one hand, I would rather have the original version. I like that one better. And it's only been released on one video while the other one has been included on two videos. On the other hand, I already know that the original one is from the first season, but I don't know which season the other one is, and if it's a bonus skit, then I would know just by watching it. And I have a copy of one of those videos, but not the video with the original version. Ironically, although the remake was released on video twice, neither of those videos have been released on DVD, while the video with the original version has been released on DVD.

muppet maniac

Reaction score
I wonder if they will actually release EVERY (old) episode in the next few years/months to come...

Like, right now: they're starting with 1969-1974 vol. 1, and maybe they'll continue with that era later on. Say they reach up to...I don't know: 20 volumes(that's just my guess)

And then: 1975-1978

*1979-1982

*1983-1986

*1987-1989

What I'd also hope to see in the future of those DVD releases are the 5 test pilots, behind-the-scene footage, the "Out to Lunch" special, few guest appearances from other shows(that's a possibility), clips of Sesame Street around the world(Germany, France, Kuwait, Phillipines, Turkey, Portagul, Israel, Brazil, Mexico, Spain)...

Grover

Reaction score
As MM mentioned if we probably have nine segments from each season that leaves us with

1 Season-
Rubber Duckie (Maybe)
I Love Trash
Being Green (Maybe)
Alphabet with Jackie Robinson
Alphabet with James Earl Jones

2 Season-
The King of Eight

3 Season-
C is For Cookie
Ladybug Picnic
The Alligator King
News Flash - Rapunzle
I am Somebody
Over, Under, Around, and Through
Ernie decorates the apartment for the viewer.

4 Season-
Super Grover - Lost Girl
Being Green w/ Lena Horn (maybe)

5- Season

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I would like to make a wish list along with what is known. Of course, a wishlist might be pointless considering that the set is out and we will know what's included soon, but here goes something. And some of the years are guesses.

1 Season-
Rubber Duckie (Maybe)
I Love Trash
Being Green (Maybe)
Alphabet with Jackie Robinson
Alphabet with James Earl Jones
Let's Sing a Song of Nine
Jazz #7
Ernie eats Bert's cake
Proffessor Hastings' lecture on parts of the body
Lefty attempts to sell a U (if the original Bein' Green is not included)

2 Season-
The King of Eight
Mad
Harvey Kneeslapper: do you know where I wanna B?
a Ralph and Wally skit
Ernie imagines himself and Bert switching roles
Ernie and Cookie Monster talk about hope
Roosevelt Franklin's Days of the Week
Grover and Herbert Birdsfoot count three blocks
Grover thinks he is going to surprise Ernie

3 Season-
C is For Cookie
Ladybug Picnic
The Alligator King
News Flash - Rapunzle
I am Somebody
Over, Under, Around, and Through
Ernie decorates the apartment for the viewer.
Penny Candy Man
Grover the Waiter: Hamburger

4 Season-
Super Grover - Lost Girl
Being Green w/ Lena Horn (maybe)
Herry and John John count to 20
News Flash - The Count counts three little pigs
Ernie makes a clay sculpture of Bert
We Coulda
a Twiddlebugs sketch
The Nobel Ostrich
Grover the Plumber
The Count and Cookie Monster count and eat cookies (if this version of Bein' Green isn't included)

5- Season
Nasty Dan
The Ballad of Casey McPhee
Harvey Kneeslapper: ya want one?
Lefty attempts to sell Ernie an invisible ice cream cone
the difference and similarities between Ernie and Cookie Monster
Super Grover - haircut
News Flash - Hickory Dickory Dock
Bert's purple hand
The Anything-in-the-Whole-Wide World Prize Game
Kermit and Bob talk about frogs

It has been said that the DVD will include Bob singing Sing. I don't know which season it is from, but unless it was edited from a Noggin showing, then depending on the season I would have it replace: Ernie eating Bert's cake from season one, a Ralph and Wally sketch from season two, Penny Candy Man from season three, The Nobel Ostrich from season four (besides, I don't know if that season is accurate), and The Anything in the Whole Wide World Prize Game from season five (besides, I don't know if that season is accurate).

Status
Not open for further replies.