Old School Sesame coming to DVD October 2006

What would you rather see on the Nostalgia Sesame Street box set?

• Complete, uncut episodes

Votes: 59 46.1%
  • Compilations of the best skits

Votes: 28 21.9%
  • A combination of a few complete episodes and bonus skits

Votes: 41 32.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You know... Of all the sketches listed in these wishlists, the one I'd hope for most is the one where Ernie and Cookie Monster talk about the differences between each other, only to get forlorned thinking that they were the same person and confusing one for the other until Farley comes by and sorts it all out.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The Count said:
You know... Of all the sketches listed in these wishlists, the one I'd hope for most is the one where Ernie and Cookie Monster talk about the differences between each other, only to get forlorned thinking that they were the same person and confusing one for the other until Farley comes by and sorts it all out.
Actually, that wasn't Farley. It was a green guy with black hair (Farley had orange hair) and wore an outfit identical to Sherlock Hemlock's outfit (only he didn't wear a hat). I think it was purposely decided to have a one-shot character so that Ernie and Cookie Monster would wonder who he was (and I believe that Farley was still a somewhat major character at the time).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
If there are indeed nine segments from each season, and future sets continue to focus on the same years, then I wonder if the sets will continue to have bonus skits grouped by season or perhaps a theme. Some good ideas could be the alphabet (there are 26 letters, there could be three groupings of nine skits for each letter, and it could start with a segment about the alphabet to fill 27), number skits (there could be nine, for the numbers 1-9), monster skits, game show skits, parody skits, character skits News Flash skits, and so on.

Volume two could have the bonus skits done like this: The alphabet and letters A-H, the letters I-Q, the letters R-Z, the numbers 1-9, and main characters (an Ernie and Bert skit, a Cookie Monster skit, a Grover skit, an Oscar the Grouch skit, a Count skit, a Guy Smiley skit, a Roosevelt Franklin skit, a Big Bird skit, a Herry Monster skit, and a Kermit the Frog skit).

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm... Thought it was Farley in that sketch, given that the character was voiced by Jerry Nelson and sounded like his typical Farley voice. Along with the fact he had a pointy green AM head and wore a yellow sweater with Sherlock Hemlock styled body over the sweater's body itself.
Oh well... Thanks for the info.

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
The Count said:

Here's the skit you're talking about!

(P.S., why didn't the green guy say who he was at the end?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6f1hrdla_4

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link Jeffkjoe... But I don't have the software for youtube, that plus it's extremely hard for me to navigate through given that every word has a link to it. But I do thank you for posting the link.

*Dr. Teeth Big Smile.

jrod

Reaction score
I will be receiving my copy this Friday from a local cd store. I special ordered it and it cost me about 41 bucks but its worth it! I will be posting my thoughts on the set possibly Saturday.

BEAR

Reaction score
jrod said:
I will be receiving my copy this Friday from a local cd store. I special ordered it and it cost me about 41 bucks but its worth it! I will be posting my thoughts on the set possibly Saturday.

How are you getting it before its official release?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I noticed that Herry appears on the cover, but looking at episode guides, Herry only appears in one of the episodes included (the season two premier, in the song Circles). I know that he also appears in the background for C is for Cookie, but I hope there are some extra Herry Monster sketches included (and maybe Noggin cut some of his skits). It would be great to see I Can't Help It, as I think I've read that that is his signature song, yet it has never been released on video or shown on Noggin (of course, I don't know what year this song is from). It would also be good if the set included Herry and John John counting to 20. That seems to be one of his best-known moments, and one of John John's best-known moments. It's good that Herry is actually on the cover, even if there isn't really that much Herry. I wonder if it would have been better to include The Count or Snuffy on the cover instead, though (though as far as I currently know The Count doens't have much more screen time than Herry on the set). Snuffy could be shown standing behind everybody else so that they don't see him (just like in the early years).

Of course, I don't know if the picture used for the cover was originally like that (character and background-wise) or if it is a collage of images. I don't ever remember seeing that picture before I saw the cover. If that's how the original picture was, then I guess the producers couldn't really decide on whetehr Herry was on it or not based on number of appearances.

Status
Not open for further replies.