Old School Sesame coming to DVD October 2006

What would you rather see on the Nostalgia Sesame Street box set?

• Complete, uncut episodes

Votes: 59 46.1%
  • Compilations of the best skits

Votes: 28 21.9%
  • A combination of a few complete episodes and bonus skits

Votes: 41 32.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
I know!

Can anyone post a cotton-pickin' review of this box set already?

BEAR

Reaction score
jeffkjoe said:
I know!

Can anyone post a cotton-pickin' review of this box set already?
Well, it won't be officially released until next week.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I think the Muppet Central review is almost ready. There is a thread in the Classic Sesame Street folder asking for people with a copy of Noggin's version of the first episode to post what was cut from there, so that a comparrision can be made.

Grover

Reaction score
I was at Future Shop and I was glancing at their DVD Sets section and I noticed the SS Old School Set Vol 1 1969-1974. I was at the checkout aisle later the price manager told me I couldn't purchase the set until it's release date. I didn't understand the big deal SS Work Shop would receive their profit earlier.

On a positive note I'll get the same set for $10 less at Best Buy around Thursday.

BEAR

Reaction score
Getting closer, although not so much for me. I am refraining from buying it myself and instead putting it on my Christmas/birthday list. I can't wait to get it in a couple months.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Getting closer, although not so much for me. I am refraining from buying it myself and instead putting it on my Christmas/birthday list. I can't wait to get it in a couple months.
I initially decided to put it on my christmas list, but in the last fews days I have felt tempted to just give i and buy it on the day it comes out. I am still trying to decide. I'm sure that I will make the right decision.

BEAR

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
I initially decided to put it on my christmas list, but in the last fews days I have felt tempted to just give i and buy it on the day it comes out. I am still trying to decide. I'm sure that I will make the right decision.

I have to put it on my list. In the past I have bought things on my own so much that I wouldn't have anything left to ask for for Christmas. Besides, I already gave in and bought Kevin Clash's book and then decided to leave SS Old School for my family to give me along with (hopefully) all the other great stuff available this season for me to add...Fraggle Rock Season 2, A Sesame Street Christmas Carol (DVD), The World According to Sesame Street (DVD), and Roscoe Orman's book Sesame Street Dad. Even if I don't get these things as gifts, I can still buy them myself after Christmas with the gift cards/certificates I usually get also. :excited: Oh boy! It's going to be a very Muppety Christmas for me this year!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I was just looking at the Old School page at Muppet Wiki, and all bonus clips were listed. I am not sure if the person who contributed to that page got an early copy, if that contributor is the person here who got an early copy, or if that person found out some other way. And there are not nine bonus clips per season. The number of bonus skits vary, and it seems like the second and fourth seasons both only have a small number of bonus skits compared to other seasons. And one good thing is that the closing credits sequences from each season will be included alongside the bonus skits.

I can't remember everything that was listed, but the version of Being Green included is the original one. The version of Rubber Duckie included is from the first season as well. Other bonus skits include I've Got Two, ABC-DEF-GHI, Bert's Bust (that's how it's listed..... I assume that this is the skit where Ernie made a clay sculpture of Bert), Would You Like to Buy an O?, a Harvey Kneeslapper sketch, a Batman sketch, a Superman sketch, a Prairie Dawn pageant, one of Mumford's magic acts, and more. I didn't see any sketches listed that I know have Proffessor Hastings, Little Jerry and the Monotones, or Beautiful Day Monster. The only bonus Kermit skits that I noticed are Being Green and Sesame Street News: Rupunzel. I didn't see any bonus Jazzy Spies or Baker films listed (so we'll have to wait untill at least volume two, if ever, for Rowlf's cameo). I also saw a skit listed called A Special Day with Ernie and Bert, but I don't have any clue what that skit is (the only one I can think of is the one where Ernie doens't think he's special, but that's in the third premier).

Status
Not open for further replies.