1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Old School Sesame coming to DVD October 2006

Discussion in 'Sesame Merchandise' started by FuzzyBlue71, May 11, 2006.

?

What would you rather see on the Nostalgia Sesame Street box set?

Poll closed Aug 27, 2006.
Complete, uncut episodes 59 vote(s) 46.1%
Compilations of the best skits 28 vote(s) 21.9%
A combination of a few complete episodes and bonus skits 41 vote(s) 32.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I have recently though of an idea. I am not sure if it would work or how good the idea is, but after this set get's released and we all know what's on it and how it is presented (as in whether there are full episodes or just classic clips, or both, or even if there are special features) we should make a list of what we'd most like to see on volume two (if there is one). The forty most-wanted skits could be counted and a list could be sent to Sesame Workshop and/ or Sony Wonder (with a link to this board to show that the votes really did come from more than just one person). If the sets include actual episodes, then we could send a list of the top 10 (or however many are included on the first set) episodes we'd most like to see included. If there are features we could lsit features we'd like and then list the top number of features (depending on the number of features included on the first set) most people asked for. I am not sure if it would be too late to do this for the first set (October is just four months away, and a lot of legal work was probably done before the set was announced).
  2. The Count Moderator

Really? Hey gtejeda... I'd be interested in knowing which character you portrayed. You can contact me via the forum's mailer.
    Hope to hear from you soon.
  3. JoeyMuppet New Member

He was one of the first graders who got to be on the show.The link where he explained what happened is... http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?p=417574#417573 .It's the next to last post.
  4. The Count Moderator

Thanks Joey. Trying to see if he can help with the names of the actors who portrayed María's family.
  5. Oliver New Member

please please please include this super funky ****** performance of stevie wonder tearing up the street!!!

6. ILuVERNIE New Member

It was all weird looking when I watched it!
  7. Grover New Member

When they release the Nostalgia set they should devote the first two discs to complete unaltered episodes. The third disc just featuring skits with the muppets. The last disc should be for bonus features.

When they release the Nostalgia set, like Warner Brothers they release "The Golden Age of Looney Tunes" after that they sell this "Spotlight Collection" featuring cartoons from the last two discs. What Sesame Workshop could do is release two discs featuring discs with The Muppets. That way fans can certain skits. This is a much efficent way instead of releasing episodes featuring that paticular skit no segments get repeated. Here is what I am thinking of. I'll post more ideas later:

THE BEST OF THE DUOS
    1. Ernie eats Bert's Cookies.
    2. Ernie puts The Radio Knob on Bert.
    3. Cookie Monster and Ernie: Match Cookies.
    4. Ernie Borrow's Herbert Birdsfoot Vacum Cleaner.
    5. Grover and Herbert Birdsfoot: Over and Under.
    6. Kermit and Grover: Heavy and Light.
    7. Caveman Days: Grover Invents The Wheel
    8. Kermit and Grover: Long and Short.
    9. The Count and Cookie Monster Count and Eat Cookies.
    10. Ernie and Cookie Monster : Which is Which?
    11. Grover The Waiter: Simon Soundman.
    12. Kermit Demonstrate Begining, Middle, and End with a Cook book.
    13. Ernie and Lefty: Stop Sign.
    14. Kermit and Grover: Build a Snowman.
    15. Ernie and Bert Meet the Count.
  8. Grover New Member

I am thinking there should be Audio Commentary on the following episodes.

First Season Premeire : Frank Oz,Carrol Spinney,Bob McGarth,Loretta Long,and Jane Henson.

Second Season Preimere: Jerry Nelson, Carol Spinney, and Bob McGrath.

Third Season Preimere: Sonia Manzano, Bob Mc Grath, Loretta Long, Emilio Delgado , Frank Oz, Carrol Spinney and Jerry Nelson.

Sixth Season Premiere: Roscoe Orman,, Bob Mc Grath, Sonia Manzano, Emilio Delgado, Caroll Spinney, and Jerry Nelson.
  9. Erine81981 Active Member

Now that would be cool. I would love to see some AC on these DVDs. I would surely buy them.
  10. Muppetsrock New Member

Classic Sesame

Hi gang!
    this is great i haveen't seen a classic episode of Sesame Street since i was 3 yrs old now i am almost 40 this would be great for my 6 yr old nice she likes Elmo but wait 'til she sees these episodes without the furry red guy shes going to be really surprised. :)
  11. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I have been thinking, although Sesame Workshop confirmed in a few e-mails that this set is comming out, has Sesame Workshop made any official announcements outside of e-mails? I do believe this info, I just wish there would be an official press release.
  12. doctort13 Member

13. Dantecat Active Member

WOW!!!! This is great so far.:excited:
  14. ILuVERNIE New Member

deep discount? hmm...
  15. superboober Member

One thing I'm now wondering is if the vintage CPB tags and NET/PBS IDs would be left intact on a reissued complete episode.
  16. idlelyla New Member

I have to agree with you here. I've tried to find other information outside of the emails reported on this forum and I've come up with *nothing*. Seems to me that they would be doing a lot more advertising since such a dvd set would probably be extremely popular - not just with collector's but with parents (or step-parents, like me! =D) - who want their children to enjoy Sesame Street the way it used to be, with the Elmo Factor turned down several notches.

Not that I doubt that there will someday be a DVD release of Sesame Street, I just can't fathom that everything would be going smoothly as far as getting rights and whatnot sorted out for the projected release date in October without them advertising the set more...

I hope I'm wrong. =/
  17. Ernie101 Active Member

Ok, so i'm a little late here. When seeing the term nostalgic used, I also thought that these would be full episodes. How much nostalgia can you get from just skits? I do understand that due to some legalities that their backs may be against the wall in terms of releasing full episodes.. however, i hope that this will not always be the case.

Also, the commentary idea is a must. That would indefinatly make up for not having full episodes. but something is always better than nothing.
  18. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

That info from Deep Discount is a bit more reassuring, though it doens't say what it's source is. The fact that it is called Sesame Street Old School Vol. 1 sounds appropiate considering that the next season will focus on starting school. Now I feel convinced that the set will include full episodes. I could be wrong, but now I feel that it will just be full episodes (and not just a selection of skits).
  19. Ernie101 Active Member

I would still probally buy it even if it were skits, but come on! Our polls say 47 % want full uncut episodes.
  20. That's only 47% of people at MC who have happened to have seen this thread, though. Personally I don't want just uncut episodes because that takes up way too much disc space when you could have sooooooooooooooo many more skits and songs and classic SS moments on there.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.