Old School Sesame coming to DVD October 2006

What would you rather see on the Nostalgia Sesame Street box set?

• Complete, uncut episodes

Votes: 59 46.1%
  • Compilations of the best skits

Votes: 28 21.9%
  • A combination of a few complete episodes and bonus skits

Votes: 41 32.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
I dont think it will be the pitch because it says it's the pilot which is a difference, and plus all the characters in the pitch were basically muppets owned by Disney except for Beautifal Day Monster which is both ways.

Squigiman

Reaction score
Official Details: Sesame Street Old School Box Set

Hey gang,
Long time, no post. I had to pass this on: http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2006/090606.shtml

Cover art, full details, including: 7 HOURS OF CLASSIC SESAME- 69-74. ORIGINAL PILOT,CLASSIC ANIMATION-LADYBUGS, PINBALLS, & AT LEAST TWO WHOLE KINGS!. I couldn't be more excited. October 24th can't come soon enough. Aside from the eventual release of all the TMS seasons (Get a move on, Disney! It better be worth the wait and super-packed with extras like these and FR's!), I can't think of a cooler thing for Muppet fans to have access to. Okay, maybe full-on, non-poser replicas, but that's it. All this, AND it's VOLUME 1, indicating possibilities of future releases, which I'm guessing sales will yield. My one worry is that it'll be totally Kermit-free. But I hope and pray a deal was worked out. We need Q-R-S-T-U-Cookie Monster!

Anyways, the "Around The World" doc looks cool, too, though the advertising on the cover seems a little strange. "From the people that brough you the scary truth of how global warming is destroying the planet, and how communists are hiding amongst your communities... comes a sweet look at how an educational program with lovable puppets has influenced the way children the world over learn their ABC's and 123's." Crazy. Well, just can't wait! Take it easy, everyone.

-Squigiman

zns

Reaction score
:smile: :excited: :wink: It just gets better and better. October 24th just won't come soon enough. Oh well, patience is a virtue. All I know is, after the release, we'll never want to watch our old tapes again.

CommanderD

Reaction score
I love how it's being released on my birthday! I know what to spend my birthday money on. :big_grin:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Barry Lee said:
I dont think it will be the pitch because it says it's the pilot which is a difference, and plus all the characters in the pitch were basically muppets owned by Disney except for Beautifal Day Monster which is both ways.
Then I wonder what the pilot would be (oh, yeah, test pilots...).

I've noticed the features listing referring to "celebrity appearances that parents will remember", "Songs that parents will rememebr", and "Animations that parents will remember". If there is a volume two, I wonder if these features will be included, or if maybe there will be different skit compilations, like "Ernie and Bert moments that parents will remember", "Grover moments that parents will remember", "Sesame Street News Flashes that parents will remember", etc.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh my freaking goodness, this is so cool! Awesome cover art, but I'm a little disappointed that there's only five episodes on there.:smirk:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!!! I totally LOVE the cover art! AMAZING! And all the bonus features, WOOT! I possitively cannot wait for October 24th! A.) Because of course the DVD set, and B.) Day after my birthday, and C.) The day I can get my driver's license! :excited: But enought about me...YAY SESAME STREET!!

BEAR

Reaction score
This is so beautiful!! I have been waiting so long for this you have no idea!!! I've never gotten to see the complete pilot episode. I wonder what the other 4 episodes are. I wish there was more, but I still can't complain. This is amazing!!! Love the cover too! I'm gonna have to force myself not to buy it so that I can have it to put on my Christmas/birthday list. It'll be hard but I'll do my best.

Status
Not open for further replies.