Once Upon My Heart.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Course we did! You bring us some more story?

green stuff

Reaction score
This story is dead!

At least, for now, anyway. I feel like such a bum already, I should already...probably have this whole story posted by now-but things keep getting in the way. I don't want to disappoint anyone anymore, so we'll just say that for now, it's dead. I'm sorry if this upsets anyone. I'm off to finishing school next weekend, so I'll have some story up before then, but after that, I don't know when I'll be able to post. Again, I'm really sorry if on the offchance that this is offending or upsetting to anyone. So I guess, look for some between Saturday and Tuesday, roughly. Sorry everyone.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Aw... Well, I REALLY look forward to the installment between Saturday and Tuesday night, I REALLY look forward to whenever you can post after that, and... Yeah, I guess I can understand other things getting in the way... Still... Don't necessarily call the story "dead," okay? Maybe, like... "going into indefinite hibernation," instead. It sounds, and feels, more re-approachable that way. More of a chance of getting picked up again.

As always- MORE PLEASE!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Aw Nicee... Sorry to hear that, but I can definitely understand that there's other stuff in the way making you doubt your own efforts. Would recommend, only if you truly would want to, that you talk to some of the other author types around here like Beth or Ryan Prawny to see if they'd collaborate on the story with you. You give them the ideas as to how the story should continue, they write up the actual story text, review it among the two of you, and then when you've given it your approval they could go ahead and post the new addition to the overall fanfictional narration.

Just a suggestion, but it's ultimately your decision and your tale to tell. Hope this helps somewhat and I do hope whatever you've got for us does get posted, should you get the chance to do so.
*Hugs to you Nicee.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Um hi... Could we please get a new installment to this story if at all possible? Frankly, I need some good fanfic from one of the authors I love to read to take the edge of of all the quick-paced craziness over in the MopFam thread.
Thanks and have a good night.

green stuff

Reaction score
As Robin stared up at the sky, for just a moment or two, he couldn’t help but want to be there-with the stars, that is. To him, the stars always seemed to represent a greater meaning for everything-like it was all just part of a greater system. Still, he continued to look up at the sky, when he felt a small drop of water fall just under his eye. He blinked, bouncing back from the drop, and a for a second, looking in the rear view mirror, it couldn’t help but look like he was crying. Without a moment’s hesitance, he wiped the drop from his eye, and looked again to realize that it was actually, raining. He watched as a single drop hit the ground, making the most miniscule drop of mud, then another, and another. After about a minute or so, the air smelled of wet cement, and the atmosphere grew increasingly colder as the rain fell in a more steady and a faster pace.

Robin pulled once and for all out of the driveway, waved one last goodbye to Megan, and headed on his way. He had to admit, he was somewhat disappointed with tonight’s outcome, but not unhappy. After all, the effects of the glad game had yet to ware off on Robin. When he was a small frog, Kermit taught him a way of thinking disguised as the glad game. Kermit taught Robin from day one that gratitude is the key to happiness, so to help his young nephew grasp this concept, he made it into a game. Whenever Robin was feeling down and out Kermit would take each of Robin’s fingers, and on each finger, count out a reason that he should be grateful, and together, they’d send out a big, huge thank you to the universe for all the things they had. When he grew older, of course, he was able to play the game by himself, and if nothing else, it helped him to pass the time in times of deep distress. So, Robin tried it now.

‘’One, because Megan’s home safe and sound. Two, because I’m warm and safe from the storm. Three, because I’ve got such wonderful friends. Four, because I’m on my way to have some fun..’’ He said this last one with a devious twinkle in his eye.

Before he could get to five though, Robin pulled up at his spot. His secret, special pit-stop, the one he made nearly every day on his way home. He came to a complete and gentle stop just in front of the Muppet Theatre, the one place where he truly felt at peace with the world. He stared at it wistfully, heaving a gentle and wishful sigh. He had always had such big dreams of this place when he got older. In his wildest and biggest dreams, he even dreamed of owning it one day when he got older; maybe even watch his own children tread that stage. But, after all the Muppets dispersed, those dreams of success and happiness slowly but surely died, one by one. The best and biggest one though, was the dream that Robin kept in his heart, the one that would never die. This dream was one where he and his uncle and all their friends got the theatre back , and did it together, just like when he was young. If only everybody hadn’t moved on, and started doing other things, he thought. This dream, Robin’s heart dream was the strongest of all in that this was the one that he wanted the most. Wanted. He wanted to be on that stage again, performing for hundreds of people at a time, and seeing everyone’s smiling faces when he was finished again. This was probably Robin’s happiest memory, doing what he loved and making people happy while doing it. To Robin, it was the happiest feeling in the world. It made him feel so good, so pure, so…well, happy. For a brief shining moment, he thought about his dream, and the dark-haired girl. What she stood for. But after a few seconds on it, he quickly pushed the thought from his mind.

‘’And five? Five because…I have hope.’’ Robin stepped out of his car for just a moment, laughing at the feel of the rain on his soft head. He stretched out his hands palms up, trying to catch little puddles of rain in his hands. He watched in mesmerized awe as each drop fell into his hands, with a small tidal wave of ripples emerging with each rapid drop. Robin smiled at the irony that lay before him- the world he was accustomed to, held literally, in his hands. Once his hands were full of rain water, he laughed like a little boy and splashed the rain water in his face, running through the street and over to the theatre.
He giggled and twirled around in circles as he cried, ‘’And six, because it’s raining, and I love the rain!’’ He continued running, like a rabbit from a cheetah, when he ran smack dab into Lee’s chest. Robin looked up at Lee with a highly embarrassed half smirk on his face.

‘’Oh uh, hi Lee,’’ he said with a nervous giggle. ‘’Sorry, I guess I didn’t see you there.’’

‘’Aw, think nothing of it, dude,’’ Lee chuckled. ‘’Just watch where you do that river dancing next time.’’ Robin’s cheeks turned pink, and placed a nervous hand behind his neck. ‘’Oh um, yeah, yeah,’’ he muttered. Robin now stood back and looked up at Lee, who looked a little distressed, to say the least. Uh oh, Robin thought. Not good.

‘’What’s wrong, Lee? You look, well, sad.’’
‘’Huh? Oh, nothing,’’ Lee said dismissively. ‘’It’s just that, tonight’s our last concert here.’’
Robin gulped hard at that last sentence. Last concert? How could that be? As long as he and his band paid the rent, the space was theirs- well, theirs and the city’s. Lee was joking, he had to be joking--right?
‘’Last concert?’’ this was all Robin could manage to get out. ‘’What do you mean?’’

‘’Yeah, your uncle bought the theatre back dude, I thought you knew.’’
‘’No, I didn’t know,’’ Robin said, shaking his head. Things were getting more and more curious by the second here.

‘’Yeah, that’s why he had you and your friends clean it up real good this time. He said he’s got other plans for it now. He even had a big meeting with me and the band about it, er, about six months ago.’’

‘’Six months ago!’’ exclaimed Robin. Oh no, this can’t be good. What could Kermit possibly have in mind for it now? Oh yes, no question about it- his uncle was keeping something from him, something big-and now, he was going to find out what! Prank time…

‘’Did my uncle say what he was using it for?’
‘’No, ‘’ Lee said, placing his hood on his already drenched head. ‘’All he said was that he had some new ideas for it. But hey, why don’t you come in and have a listen for a minute?’’

‘’Oh no no, I can’t,’’ Robin said hurriedly. ‘’I’ve got to get home right away! Uh, break a leg on your concert though! Make it count!’’ He shouted this as he scurried back into the car and drove off like a madman, by not without rolling down the window and shouting, ‘’Thanks, Lee!’’ first.

‘’I don’t know what you’re up to, Uncle Kermit, but boy, am I gonna find out!’’
Robin drove off at a steady pace at the sound of a thunderclap, and just above, a sky full of beautiful shining stars; and the biggest and brightest? His star.
………………………………............................................................................................
He said he had to see one more, and see one more Kermit did. This picture he had always saved for last, for well, his own reasons. Some obvious, some not so much. In front of the picture though, was a much more extensive and dare he say, impressive resume. Fluent in French and Spanish, well versed and noted model, accomplished actress, fashion guru, martial arts expert…
‘’Yes, and I’ve got the marks to prove it,’’ Kermit laughed to himself.

Of course it was Piggy’s, and even now, looking back on these things gave him a certain joy. It was a certain joy only known to a husband, a certain joy a man gets when he has a certain pride in his wife, a certain joy that says, ‘back off world, she’s mine.’ It was this kind of joy Kermit would get when he saw this picture of Piggy in a lovely violet sundress, her sun-kissed curls tossed over her shoulder, and an expression on her face that looked as if it were only meant for him. Kermit had taken it what seemed like eons ago when they were in college. He took it for his photography class as a part of his final exam. The objective of this particular assignment was to capture happiness in one picture; just one shot. As Kermit loved his girlfriend (at that time) so deeply then, he saw her as all of his happiness, and he took the picture of her as a personification of happiness itself as well as his personally.
It was a good picture, he had to admit. Kermit had a good eye for detail and story. But he loved the bright look in her eye, how it danced at the flash on the camera. To him, Piggy was one of those kinds of people who smile with their whole face, especially with their eyes. And Piggy’s eyes took him back to a time where he was young again, and they made him remember when he was outside of his dorm with Braden and spied her for the first time. How dry his throat was, and how his knees buckled together! He felt like his heart was literally in his throat, though what he felt now was that it jumped out of his chest and into Piggy’s hands. It had always been there, really. Yes, seeing this picture made him feel young and in love again, it made him feel like a young college lad again. Over the years, a lot of things had changed between him and Piggy, but never the way he felt about her.

‘’My Piggy,’’ he sighed with pleasure. He smiled at the photographed and touched his fingers to his lips. Gently, he placed his fingers on top of her lips on the photograph, laughing afterwards at how ridiculous it made him feel. He then reached into the bottom drawer of his desk, and pulled out a lovely diamond necklace, just for her. The light that reflected off of this thing could nearly blind a person, but it was all worth it in Kermit’s eyes. This was going to help him (he hoped) soften the blow when he told her about the plan about the theatre. Little did he know that he would need that necklace a lot sooner than he planned.

“’I’m doing this all for you sweetheart,’’ he whispered before giving the picture one last glance and closing the binder for good. He placed it back in his desk, and met up with Fozzie as he made his way out of his office.

‘’Are you ready to tell them now, Kermit?’’

Kermit stared out at all his friends, some of whom were oblivious to the fact that he was even standing there. He looked at their bright faces and their curiosity as to their presence here. They all looked so happy-just like they always used. Though he often complained of their presence and having to constantly solve their problems, he missed them dearly; he missed them all. Most of all, he missed the two who were not present at the time. Oh well, he thought. Robin’ll be along soon, and Piggy will be home later. Right now, it’s time to live my dream. Step 1.

‘’Yeah, I think I am,’’ Kermit said, nodding towards his furry friend. ‘’I think I am.

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
;_; I was choked up. I love this chapter. Kermit's feelings towards her were so sentimentally strong. You are romantic dude. XD <3 mooorrre

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

<faints>

<recovers>

That. Was ONE HECK OF AN AWESOME CHAPTER.

...I'll come back and give you a detailed review... When I don't feel so... light headed... <faints again>