One Little Star.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Part 1...

The streets of Hensonville were a bit quieter in the late afternoon hours. Traces of the morning snowfall lingered, as the residents did their best to clean up the sidewalks. The Lampposts were still working, casting a bit of shadow as they started to turn on just as the evening began to creep up on the sleepy little town. The one on the far corner served as shelter for a sad furry blue monster.

Super Grover, stayed huddled against the cold metal, a little saddened by the news. The knot tieing his cape loosened a little, the visor from his helmet cast downwards. He finally picked himself up and started walking, slowly, back to the apartment where he was staying.

It had been two weeks since Super Grover flew over the town, his thoughts straying to when he soared in that clear blue sky, as blue and as proud as his fur. He reached the apartment's door and knocked softly. Kyle, the boy who worked at the Hensonville Super Market, opened it and let his friend inside. Super Grover just had a quiet dinner and crashed upon the couch, falling into a restless sleep, remembering the way he found out about...

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
A nice start, Ed. It sounds like it's going to be a really touching story. :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks... We'll see how it goes. You think it was a good idea to just start with the first installment in the first post like that?

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Yeah, it's a great start, Ed! It shows a lot of promise! Also, check out this thread concerning my book and everything, if you haven't already.

http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=25182

If you want a copy, just send me a PM of your address. I'm shipping copies all over the world for anyone who wants one. Read more on that thread for information.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Wow, I'm already hooked Ed! I want to know what's going on and why Grover is so sad! Great start, looking forward to more!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Part 2...

Two weeks ago...

Super Grover was flying straight from the cobblestones of Sesame Street to see his friends in Hensonville. Kermit had invited him to take part in a special show the gang was working on, a sort of tribute show. Soaring in the morning sky, Super Grover spied the theater, before coming to a crash landing just outside the parking lot.

SG: "Aaaaaaaaaaah!"
The rest of the Muppets heard the crash outside and some raced to see what happened, getting tangled in each other's furry limbs.
"Oof, please get vouz elbow out of..."
"Meep mee mo meep!"
"Aw man, how come I always get in these things?"

Kermit just moved out of their way and walked down the stairs to the Backstage's rear entrance.
"Hi-Ho, Kermit The Frog here... Anyone out there?"
"It is just I, your cute furry lovable blue superhero. Just flew in from Sesame Street, and boy are my arms tired. Ah-ha-ha."
"Hey, bad jokes are my department."

The gang helped Super Grover to his feet and brought him inside the theater. Some of the gang were cleaning up things, but were a bit apprehensive at the sight of the newcomer.
"Hey man, like doesn't he know..."
"Like know what hun?"
"Uh... I'm confused, I thought he was red."

Murmurs trickled as the Muppets divided into camps getting ready to close up shop and head on back to the Muppet Boarding House.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Oh my gosh!! The tribute!!! :smile: YAY!!!!! :smile:

Thank you!! That's awesome. I wonder why everyone is so apprehensive at Grover's apperence though....

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You know... This misunderstanding works to the story's advantage.
The reason why they're nervous about SG showing up is actually tied to the real tribute show they're working on, next chapter.

But the fact that it could be thought of as the one for Nancy helps defuse any confusion between the one in Part 2 and the one that's the focus of the story. Thanks, waiting for a bit more feedback before next segment.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Oh! So it's not Nancy's tribute show? Wow....my goodness!!! I really wonder what it is! You've really got me such a curious standing. I'm already loving this story, Ed. :smile:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Wow! More good stuff! I think I might know who the tribute is intended for, but I'll sit back and wait for some more before I decide if I'm right.