One Little Star.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Ooh, I'll take some muffins!

And also a request for more story! Whenever you have the chance Ed. :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Glad you guys like it... Maybe more when I'm on campus. Wanna work on the list now that I'm back home.

BTW: About the ages... If a forum member provides it, there's a line displaying their age at the header of their posts, below their names.
Looked 'em up and Kim's 24, Sara's 19, and Lisa's 16... So she's the youngest.

Tomorrow we'll see the other side of the street, which you should know by now... But the replacement for the flower shop will be revealed.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Part 6...

Super Grover awoke the following morning and wanted to keep exploring the city, his spirits emboldened a little by the people he already met. Ed chatted a bit with him about his growing collection, from which he was able to get extras for each of the Muppets themselves. Soon after though, Ed had to go into the back room to check on his latest sculpt, and Super Grover departed.

SG: "Hmmm, what do I smell with my cute little super nose... Think I'll just stop in here and smell the roses."
Unknowingly, he stumbled into Fran's Fragrant Flowers, Ed's previous place of business. The shop was well-cared for by its new owner, the smell of freshly cut flowers wafting in the air.
"Hello, may I help you?" came a voice from the counter.
SG: "Hello... I justed wanted to..."
Prairie: "Grover? Is that you?"
SG: "Yes, it is I. Su.... Per Grover."
Prairie: "Grover, it's me Prairie Dawn."
SG: "Prairie? What are you doing here?"
Prairie: "Just helping out Kathy. She runs this place now, but she needs my help from time to time. Would you like to buy some flowers?"
SG: "Oh yes, my Super Mommy would like some fresh flowers."
"Thank you" the furry blue monster said before leaving the shop.

SG: "Hark, I hear a cute little ticking sound with my super hearing. Perhaps it is a bomb. Oh no, I must stop this bomb before it goes off and ruins this quaint little hamlet."
True to form, Super Grover missed his mark, for he was hearing the ticking coming from the clocks in Beth's Clock Shop.
SG: "It is I, Su... Per Grover, here to save the day. Do not worry, I will stop this bomb ffrom going off. Now then, where to find this bomb. Let's see, it could be..."
Beth: "Grover... There's no bomb here."
SG: "Please miss, I must fulfill my superheroly duties. Now then, should I cut the red wire or the..."
Beth: "Grover... Look, there are only clocks here."
SG: "Clocks?"
Beth: "Yes, and clocks tick to tell the time."
SG: "Clocks tick you say."
Suddenly, the chimes tolled off the hour on the hour.
SG, startled and falling backwards: "Aaaaaaah!"
Beth: "Are you OK Super Grover?"
SG, picking himself up and dusting off his cape: "Yes, it is all part of my superhero services. Another job succesfully done by Su... Per Grover."
SG, walking off: "Hmmm, wonder what time it is. Maybe if I had a clock. They tell time, or so I've heard..."
Beth: "Oh Grover."
With that, she returned to tend to the watches in need of repair and selling.

SG: "Hmmm, my keen super sight tells me that there is a congregation taking place at that little coffee shop up ahead. Perhaps I should investigate." A tall man with brown hair and a somewhat shaggy brown beard stood behind the counter, trying to keep up with all the orders from the mob.
SG: "Perhaps this man can tell me what's going on here. Excuse me, but what's happening?"
Jim: "Oh hi Super Grover, looks like the entire town's Muppet population decided they wanted coffee today."
SG: "Do you need some assistance?"
Jim: "Yes, but this might prove to be too big a job for a super hero. We might need..."
The monster had already changed his clothes, ready to jump into the frey with only a towel draped over his arm.
Grover: "A waiter?"
Jim, laughing lightly: "A waiter... That's exactly what we need."
With that Grover made his rounds past the chairs and booths in Jim's shop, deftly carrying trays of coffee and assorted pastries.

"Oh waiter..."
Grover: "In a minute sir"
Mr. Johnson: "I'll never know why I keep coming here. Must be that guy with the beard, guess I still have some respect for... Oh waiter."
Grover: "In a minute sir..."
The furry blue waiter kept zipping past his customers all day long, his mind not worrying about the fact that his friends from Sesame Street might not get to be in the show.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Yea! Boy, pretty soon I won't be able to count all the appearances I've made with my clock shop in these stories! Nice to see Kathy and Prairie show up as well, very nice touch. I liked Grover helping out as a waiter at Jim's Coffee Shop as well, it's just so Grover! Great stuff Ed, keep it coming!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks... More later after I figure out where to take this next.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Wow...ED!!! This is so amazing!! I stopped by to read this and I'm in awe!! Very very very awesome!! I love all of the connections here, Uncle Deadly with Robin was wonderful!! And Super Grover visiting all the MCer's, very nice!! I loved it! More soon! :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Glad I could make you smile Ryan... Headed off to sleep, long Mardi Gras day.

Will see when I post some more.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
theprawncracker said:
Wow...ED!!! This is so amazing!! I stopped by to read this and I'm in awe!! Very very very awesome!! I love all of the connections here, Uncle Deadly with Robin was wonderful!! And Super Grover visiting all the MCer's, very nice!! I loved it! More soon! :smile:
I'm wondering where did Uncle Deadly with Robin come into it all?