One Little Star.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
AHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Oh...my geezus....my giidiidbeesss,,,,

*screams in delight* I was literally hopping in my seat!!! *tackle hugs Count* OH MY GOD THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Sadie: "No... Just do your best in there. And remind Scooter I need to talk to him about that girl."
SG: "Sara?"
Sadie: "Mmmhm... We need to talk, mother to son."
*Lowering her voice a little: "Confidentially, her father scares us a little. After that incident with a Mr. McFly..."
*Raising her voice back to normal: "But that's not your concern. Just have a great show."
My favorite line ever. You freaking ROCK Ed...wait, you've always rocked.....you rock so hard, you're a boulder!

That didn't make sense..XD

BEAR

Reaction score
Good chapter, Ed. Look forward to more.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Great chapter Ed! Loved Mr. Tarkanian's cameo, very nice GMC reference! Were there any other references I missed...:wink:

J/K, you know I love your stories Renee, and I caught all the references!

Again, way to go Ed! Love it love it love it!! :excited:

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
ReneeLouvier said:
That didn't make sense..XD
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Why make sense when it's more profitable to make dollars?

A great chapter, Count, looking forward to more! As usual.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
SG: "So tell me Ms. Grosse... Just why does that scary man trust you?"
Sadie: "Well dear... It came with the job. Used to work for the Observer's original chief... A real demon of a man."
She frowned slightly as a flitting memory of Eli Takashi played across her mind.
Sadie: "Yes... Old Eli had his faults, but at least he brought us together. Anyway, when Mr. Tarkanian acquired the newspaper offices, he promoted me to Second in Command under him. Now I take care of hiring new press personnel and correcting the articles before they go to print."
That's also my favorite line. XD 'a demon of a man" and "Old Eli" just struck me as awesome. Oooh!!! I love this chapter sooo much!!!!

BEAR

Reaction score
Hey, Ed!! Where's the next chapter? Huh huh huh!?!?! Oh my gosh! I'm turning into Lisa. Ah well...so umm...when is the next chapter gonna be up? No pressure, just really getting into it. I still have other fan fic catching up to do, but I really enjoy yours and seeing all the different familiar faces pop up.:smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Is coming... Is coming...

Don't know when, got some ideas for how to spin it forward and get back to the mood at the beginning... Guess I'm letting myself get distracted by other rods in the fire.
OK, lemme see what happens and I'll try to post when ready.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Part 8...

The theater was chaotic as usual, even with Grover weaving his way through the rest of the muppets getting their toys in and out with as much care as possible.

"Yo Kerm... How come I always gotta fix this stupid light?"
"Well Clifford, like maybe it's some sort of carmic conversion" piped Janice.
"OK chief, if we pencil in this act for..." Scooter said trying to squeeze in one more act with Kermit at his desk.

Skeeter just kept handing everybody the pieces they needed, and putting everything where she hoped they wouldn't be hurt.
"Grover look out!" she yelled as the monster came down the backstage's main stairs.
"Whoa! Sorry about that Miss Skeeter." he replied slowing down to not knock over any of the figures lying on the shelves at the bottom of the stairwell.
Piggy was trying to be on her best behavior, attempting to keep her cool whenever anyone made a crack about her pigness. She didn't want to have to answer to Kermit as to why some figure or other got broken by accidental karate chops that missed their targets.
"How longer can Moi put up with all these little inconveniençois?"

Finally, all the acts had been rehearsed and the figures taken and stored in their bags or boxes, however it was their Muppet owners had brought them there in the first place. Uncle Deadly smiled that ghoulish grin of his, happy that another production was going frightfully well, and that the theater would be filled come showtime by another crowd of patrons.

When they got back to the boarding house, Grover didn't even notice he had left his superhero helmet and cape on... Nor that he was at the Muppet Boarding House instead of at Kyle's.
SG: "Um... May I make a quick call to let Kyle where I am?"
"Sure thing blue stuff... Knock him for a loop" laughed Floyd as he passed him in the kitchen.
Sadie had a pot of hot chocolate brewing for herself and anyone who wanted some, cups and mugs waiting to be served.
"How the rehearsal go?"
"Went well, still have to sort out some of the acts though" Scooter answered, buttering a hot biscuit.
"Yeah, but I keep 'em all in line... And make sure nothing gets trampled or broken" replied Skeeter as she reached for the jam for her own biscuit.
SG: "Thanks, he said I could stay overnight... Or if I come here instead of back to the flat after rehearsals."
"Oh good... We'll just leave you some room here on the couch if you want to sleep there. Should be more comfortable than that time you spent in the sink at Grizzly Farms." Kermit said getting a couple of pillows for his furry friend.
SG: "Thank you Kermie baby."

Everybody settled in to watch some TV, probably a news report by the Newsman at KMUPP TV studios. Everybody fell asleep almost instantly halfway during the movie... Everybody except Grover. The blue monster was thinking about the news report, how the Sesame Street figures wouldn't be coming, the tribute show at the theater... And how his friends wouldn't be there.
But Grover decided to just go to sleep, nothing to be done about it now he thought. Just show up for rehearsal tomorrow and put his best face forward.
"Still, seems a bit sad that I was the only one..." he kind of said to himself more than to anyone else as he started to nod off.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
aw...this is so sweet and sad. I'm still trying to get my head around this part though.

Are they toys? Being controlled by somebody else? Or....what is it? I don't really understand completely. XD

Sorry for being a nitpick.