One Little Star.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Part 3...

Kermit: "OK guys, time to clean up!"

The theater was busy, though a sort of happy quiet busy. The Swedish Chef was packing up his playset...
"Hey, this food ain't real right?" Rizzo asked as he eyed the plastic ham and the hunk of cheese hanging from their posts.
"Hoonga mäeka yu tïnka dis real?" The Chef asked with a bit of a mock-Swedish laugh.

The band picked up their instruments, Clifford getting the spare amps and microphones. "Man, I love this guitar Ed made for my guy. Lets me sit in with the band like I used to."
All the pieces of musical equipment were stored with their figures by their respective Muppet owners.

Uncle Deadly, holding the plastic version of Yorick, handed it to little Robin. "Take care of that one young frog... Part of the last series you know."
"Yes Uncle Deadly" replied Robin as he took the skull and placed it with the rest of that tenth set he had been charged.

Kermit: "Yeah, the show we did for Nancy was one we'll always remember... And so will this one... Uh Grover?"
SG: "Ooh... Just how did they ever make this phone booth. It's so groovy. And my little visor... But why did they put this extra head..."
Kermit: "Uh, that's so you can change the figure into Grover Kent."
SG: "Oh, that's so clever..." "Wonder when the rest of the guys will be coming."
Kermit: "What other guys?"
SG: "The rest of the gang from Sesame Street. I heard that Ernie and Oscar would be headlining the first..."

After he heard these words, Kermit's heart sank a little, with the information he now knew everyone neglected to tell Super Grover.
Kermit: "Um, Grover, there's something I have to tell you..."
SG: "Sure thing Kermie baby. Just let me put this with the rest..." "Now then, what is it you want to tell me?"
Kermit told his friend the news, ready to console the furry blue monster.

SG: "Uh-huh, so what you're saying is... What?!"
SG, running out of the theater: "Hey Eddie babeeeeee!"
Kermit, scrunching up his face: "Shesh."

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
O_O They're TOYS!!!! *squee of happiness* That's rully awesome, Ed!!! WOW!!

Jeezus, I never noticed it, until the playsets and stuff...that's pretty cool!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Part 4...

Super grover dashed out of the theater, down the streets of Hensonville... He didn't have that far to run, since Eduardo's shop was close by on the same street. Though he was once the florist in town, he found a suitable replacement and gathered enough money to start his new enterprise. Ed was now the mastermind behind the Bat Bolt & Skull Toy Shop, a dark castle building with a big bay window in front.. Super Grover ran through the open doors, almost knocking Ed down.
SG: "Hey Eddie babeeeee!"
Ed: "Yes Grover?"

SG: "Is it true?"
Ed: "Is what..."
SG: "The Sesame Street figures! They're... (With a few tears) Not coming?"
ED: Come in Grover, and I'll get you a glass of milk."
After a long talk, Ed gave Super Grover the news, about how the Muppets figure line had ended... Which is why the gang was putting on their show at the end of the month... And all the tidbits of information that had been spread throughout the community Ed joined.
Ed: "Sorry Super Grover, only hope is a longshot at this time... Just wait and see if Ken Lilly's new company takes off and gets the license."
SG: "Thank you Ed. See you around."

After Super Grover left, Ed called Kermit at the theater to ask a favor... "Well, at least that's done. Better let everybody else know Grover's in town for a while. He'll need a place to stay, think I'll ring up Kyle."
That afternoon seemed like the longest one in his life to Super Grover, as he wandered past the other landmarks in Hensonville.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Whoa. I never was really into the figures and stuff, cause I frankly wouldn't have a place to put 'em, but wow. I can see the emotion in it. :smile:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Ah yes, it is what I thought it might be, I remember you talking about this story over in the dorms so I had a hunch. Anyway, great stuff so far, looking forward to more!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Part 5...

So Super Grover went to stay with Kyle at his apartment here in the bustling town of Hensonville. Kyle seemed like a nice enough guy, he really liked Grover, along with two other monster friends from Sesame Street for some reason. Kyle worked at the Hensonville Super Market, and said he could help get Super Grover a job there if he wanted. This helped cheer him up a little, seeing as how it was a Super Market. But Grover decided to see what other sights and sounds this town held in store.

The Muppet theater, a large and long rectangular building took up a lot of space at the end of the main street. Ed's toy shop was the first building next to it on the far left street. Super Grover decided to check out the other stores on the street he was on, across from the toy shop, unsure if he could go there again.

The first thing he saw was a familiar sight... The yellow and green diamond checkered pattern on the lower wall facade of a family diner.
SG: "Wow, I didn't know Mr. Hooper had a store here too."
He thought he'd go in and get himself some lunch.
Bryan: "OK, see you next week. Hello, can I help... Oh! It's Super Grover!"
SG: "Yes, it is I, that cute furry and loveable super hero. Um, could I please get some lunch?"
Bryan: "Sure, my name's Bryan. Just let me clean up..."
The man behind the counter finished washing the blender, little seeds still clinging to the surface.
Bryan: "Finished some birdseed milkshakes for my #1 customer. Now then, what'll you have?"
SG: "Um, do you have peanut butter and jelly sandwiches?"
Bryan: "Sure, up in a sec."

After lunch, Super Grover wandered on to the pastry shop. Mike's Bakery seemed to be full that day. Lew Zealand was buying some fish croquettes, Link Hogthrob was eyeing some cream puffs, and the Cake was chatting with other pastries on the shelves.
SG: "Hmmm... Think I'll just get myself a strawberry doughnut. Uh, hello?"
Angie: "Hello dearie, do you want a free sample?"
The woman, apparently dressed much a baker would be, cleared away a bit of space for Super Grover and got him his order quickly.
SG: "Thank you. Have you been here long?"
Angie: "No, not that long. My friend Jim called me when he needed help on a wedding cake a while back. Seemed that frog and pig were only interested in putting a show for everybody else."
Super Grover then thanked the nice woman and kept walking down the street.

Dr. Teeth: "This place is the bomb. Got every music under the sun, as a veritable cornucopia of concordant chords."
Zoot: "Huh? Wha?"
Dr. Teeth: "No, it's OK man, the aliens haven't landed. Just keep playing your sax."
SG: "Hi guys, you work here?"
Floyd: "Nah, we just like the music here."
SG: "Oh, is it good then?"
Floyd: "Man, course it ain't good. If we didn't knew what music was, even we wouldn't listen to this trash."
Diana: "Now Floyd, don't scare away the customers like that."
SG: "Oh hello nice lady.:
D: "Hi, the name's Diana, I'm in charge here at Marvin's Music City."
SG: "Hmmm, have any flutes?"
D: "No, don't think so, you'd have to check back next week."
SG: "Oh, OK. Nice to meet you."

Super Grover's next stop was the Three Candles Library. There were three white candles painted on the doorway, because three girls founded the library and bookstore.
SG: "Hmmm, wonder if any one can help me find anything good to read here."
That was the cue she needed...
Librairian: "Hello, my name's Kim. I'm the oldest here, and so I'm asked to come in and fill in from time to time."
SG: "Uh-uh, I see. Do you happen to have any good stories here?"
Kim: "As a matter of fact..."
She led the furry blue monster to a table where a young girl was almost nodding off to sleep.
Kim: "Lisa... Lisa? Honestly, how that girl manages to go to school, work part time at that newspaper, and get a good night's sleep... She used to be one of our best young authors. She still is, just look at all the books she's borrowed."
Covers of books were sprawled on the shelf and table near Lisa. One showed Kermit on a sad moonlight swamp scene; another had little Robin riding his bicycle with a determined look of getting away from someone; there was one with Elmo wearing a crown and a glowing red ruby; and yet another of Beauregard stepping through the rainbow.
Kim: "You know I think there's even one here from... Aah!, Sara, don't do that!"
Another young girl, Sara, had just slammed a book of hers down excited she was finished with her tales.
Sara: "Yeah, they have a titl..."
Sara, looking a bit sheepish: "Oh sorry Kim, didn't mean to... Oh hey, you're Super Grover aren't you?"
SG: "Yes, it seems my fame preceeds me."
Kim: "As I was saying, I think... Yes, here it is."
The librairian reached for a book with the blue monster in his red cape soaring past the huge Hollywood sign, offering to give it to her newest visitor.
SG: "Uh, thanks, maybe in a minute or two..."
He neared Sara, curious as to what she held in her arms in an oblong cardboard box.
SG: "What's that you got?"
Sara: "Oh, these are just the stories I've written. Sleeping Beauty over there, got me inspired and I started writting this almost instantly."
Sara pointed to Lisa, still with her head buried in a mess of books from her Jewish studies class and whatever notebooks for her own stories she had handy.
SG: "So um... What are these stories of yours?"
Sara: "Well, I'll show you. See, I'm sort of a bit of a freelance journalist, just writting what I witnessed from here around me in Hensonville. And now I've finished my stories, and here they are."
She showed the monster her box with the brand new title, Four Muppets Journey through Love, Life and Zanyness", still in need of printing and binding.
Sara: "Hope to get some of the nice people around this place to do some cover art... But I'm so excited they're finished. Would you like to hear some of it?"
SG: "Yes, I'd love to."
He sat down at the table beside her listening intently as time just flew by.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Another great chapter, nice to see some MC friends in Hensonville. I hope they're able to help Grover cheer up!

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
*Splashes cold water on herself, springing upright almost immediately*

Wow....me...and Lisa...and Kim...we....OH WOW. We founded the...libary!!! *fangirlsh scream of delight* That totally made my DAY, Ed!!! *tackles Ed down in a tight hug*

Oh wow!!! I know I've mentioned you guys so much, I just didnt' think someone would go around and....put me into their stories!!! Wow!!!! I'm in a STORY...that's just so friggin cool man!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

*Stands up from Ed, and brushes him off softly, then she coughs softly.* Thanks. So much.

*Sees the weird looks from the other students when she had hollered in the campus libary.* Hehheehheee....

Ooh, I wonder...is Beau gonna be like....the owner or something? *shrugs shoulders a bit, seeing Hensonville opening up even more in her mind* We're really writing this city out into almost reality. It's so neat.

Thanks for writing this story, Ed.

*pokes him softly in the shoulder, big puppy dog eyes can be seen underneath her glasses.*

Could we have more please?

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
I didn't know Kim was older then I am. OH! It must be how long we've been here, and techinally I'm the youngest then! :big_grin: Cause I've not even been here a whole year yet.

*Sets a plate of applecinna muffins down.* Muffins anyone? XD