One Little Star.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Part 28...

Eduardo: "Don't worry D, I think you'll like it..."
Ed was talking to Diana, who hitched a ride in the batty vehicle. She was moving out of Marvin's Music City and taking up residence in a new establishment along Hensonville's avenues. When they reached the train station, a few friends were already waiting with suitcases in hand. The Count had a time counting them all as they took their seats near the back area of his monster mobile. Martin, Gerard, Kate, and Erin squooshed into the rear seats while Nicole sat up front with Diana and Eduardo.
Count: Vait a second... Isn't there someone missing?"
Ed: "No, don't worry, we'll meet her later."
As the Count zoomed down the roads of the city, a soft hum was heard from the nearby river. Emmett Otter had met and provided transportation for a newcomer, taking in the scenic route down the waterways instead.

Uncle Deadly: "Tell me Eleanor, did you like it?"
Auntie Eleanor, responding as the dragon duo reached the door to their dark alcove behind the theater's main offices: "Yes, it was bootiful."
They entered the spooky stateroom, resting on their ratty old bed.
Uncle Deadly, smelling the air inside: "Something's not fright... Think there's someone..."
Auntie Eleanor remained quiet, directing Deadly's gaze to the woman seated in the armchair across from their cot.
"Hello Mr. and Mrs. Devinshire" she greeted coolly and naturally.
Uncle Deadly: "Ah... You must be..."
Auntie Eleanor: "Hush Dedy... You'll give her away."
"Thank you Auntie Eleanor" the woman responded. "You've had quite a show here tonight."
Deadly and Eleanor: "You... witnessed the show?"
"Yes, a very nice show they performed tonight. They've all gone to Jim's for the after-hours party?"
Uncle Beadly : "Yes, their souls have departed this grand stage."
"Well... Though you may both be bound by the rules that govern the dead... There might be a way you can join them."
Deadly and Eleanor, mildly surprised: "There is?"
"Yes, though you should know anything's possible by now. Anyway... The rules state that you may not leave the theater. But what if you were to leave it and not leave it at the same time?"
Deadly, in a low moan: "Ah... She speaks in riddles now."
Auntie Eleanor: "Let her explain Dedy."
"As you're well aware, those small creatures... Fraggles I think they're called... They got here by means of a tunnel and a Fraggle hole located in the theater's backstage."
Uncle Deadly: "Yes... And now even more foolish creatures shall roam through these halls."
"Well... Doesn't it stand to reason that if you use a tunnel you could move throughout the city, appear at other localities in this splendid town, and still remain connected to the theater?"
Auntie Eleanor: "Yes... That way we would still remain close to the magic of the theater... Its magic, or rather the home which claims our souls."
"Exactly... And if you hurry, I might even grant you a special boon to be with your family for one night at the boarding house."
Uncle Deadly and Auntie Eleanor, both bowing before the woman in white: "Thank you our grace... We shall make good use of this boon you've bestowed upon our doomed souls."
With that, the two dragons rushed downstairs to the boiler room, trying to find the tunnel Gonzo made that one time attempting to escape their porcine imprisoners.
"They do make me laugh so..." remarked the woman in white before dematerializing into the nothingness of space.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
OOH! Oh, more and more people coming, and now this woman in white... <wonders>... And yay, there's a loophole for UD and AE to roam around! But I bet it'll take the Fraggles by surprise, heh heh...

MORE PLEASE!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah... Rully shouldn't, since the Fraggle tunnel is underground in a truly underground sense, going in a direction that's coming to the theater... The tunnel beneath the theater goes out from it so UD and AE can roam through the town at their leisure... And the woman in white should be familiar if you've been reading Sara's or Sadie's Stories.
And there's a point there I'll probably touch on as a reference when I get back to saying who's moving in where in town.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
That was great! I loved the appearance of the character from Sadies Stories (don't want to give it away yet as to who it is for those who haven't read it yet) I think it's awesome that Uncle Deadly and Auntie Eleanor will be able to move through tunnels! That's really neat! I also love that you included some of our newer dorm friends in the beginning of the chapter, that was nice too.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
hazzatewahgioehat.....GAHHHH!!! *literally screaming in delight* Oh....MY GOSH!!!!

You nailed her PERFECTLY!!!! YAYAYYAYAAYYAAYAYAYYAYYAYYYY!!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Part 29...

The Count was humming to himself, waiting for Eduardo to get back in the car.
Count: "Forty blocks from my home..."

Eduardo, leaving the TV studios with Martin: "So you'll be in charge of the KMUP studios. Who? Oh yeah, that's Peter, he keeps logs of all the shows broadcasted here. He's also working on fictional listings of his own, he'll be your assistant if you need help with anything here at the studio."
They both got into the Countmobile, Martin back in the rear seats and Eduardo in the front with his roommate.

Count: "Vhere to next?"
Ed: "We gotta swing by the dorms and get Ally."
Count: "Ah... And vhat about..."
Ed: "We're picking her up at the boarding house, she said she'd be waiting at the corner next to the lamppost."

The Countmobile sped up Muppeteer Motorway and parked itself in front of the dorm's stooped steps.
Ed: "Keep the motor running, I'll just go get Ally and we'll be on our way."

Uncle Deadly: "Ah, these tunnels are quite clever..."
Auntie Eleanor: "So romantic, don't they remind you of..."
Uncle Deadly: "Our honeymoon in the labyrinths beneath London..."
Auntie Eleanor: "Before we joined the troop..."
The two phantomish dragons were walking hand in hand from out of the new excavation in the Muppet Theater's boiler room. Gonzo had dug that tunnel once, when the pigs took over the theater that one time... But now, with a bit of hidden magics, the tunnel had been converted into an underground pathway, which would retain its connection to the theater for the two ghouls new nightly journeys.

The Countmobile zoomed along Nebel Turnpike, and straight down Henson Highway, hovering at the end of the drive in front of Brian's Block. They were waiting for a female Muppet standing at the San Francisco-styled lamppost.
Erin: "Oh my gosh! Is that? Nora! In here!"
The doors of the car opened admitting the blue-skinned girl onboard, her blue-braided hair fluttering behind from the excitement of Erin's hug. The Countmobile then doubled back, showing off the new stores in town.

Eduardo: "And there's the Muppet Monster Clothing Emporium, that'll be your new place of business Lady D. And on the other street, that's the Party Madness Store where you'll be working Ally, if you want the job."
They sped down ABC Artery, between Raposo Row and Baretta Boulevard.
Ed: "The Penny Candyman Sweets Shop is yours Gerard, hope Rizzo won't drive you out of a job. And across and a bit further down Kate, there's the FR Jewelers, thought it'd be perfect for you."

The Countmobile came to a slow halt along Henson Street, everybody getting out in order.
Ed: "And there's Marvin's Music City, your new roommates from the band will keep you on your toes there Nicole. Now come on, the party's in full swing inside."
They all went into Jim's Coffee House, which was overrun with Muppets and Muppeteers and Hensonville residents, and even two blueish creatures who seemed to prefer remaining in a huddle underneath the stairwell... Though they floated through the rest of the commotion as easily as if they were simply moving through shadows.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Yes, Nora made it into the story!

It's standing room only at Jim's...but we're all friends, so it shouldn't be an issue.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Glad you approve... The party's taking place in the whole coffee house, the downstairs and upper lounge as well... And now that you're here in Hensonville, LMK if you wanna join the dorms.

BEAR

Reaction score
Great party! Shall I cook up something at Hooper's and bring it over? Some birdseed milkshakes perhaps?:wink:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
If you want, though maybe Jim's taken care of it already.

Thought Lisa would've popped in by now. You know... Seeing as how the party's in full swing, I just might skip ahead to the ending I want to do.
We'll see tomorrow. See you guys and gals back at the dorms.