One Little Star.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Count: I shall LYK if I'd like to join in. Granted, I'm getting ready to move out of my real-life dorm room and head home for the summer, so I'll have to give it some thought.

And by the whole coffee house, does that include the secret bunker?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds good Erin. We oughta be having the 2nd Anniversary by then and the dorms will be going a bit of a renovation process round then, but I'm almost giving it away...

No, I'd think the Muppeteers are enjoying the party with the rest of the Muppet cast, so unless there's someone down there... Besides, we need to keep part of the illusion intact for the Muppets' own sakes.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Thank goodness. It wouldn't do to have people poking around in the Chamber of Secrets (tee hee) down there; it'd ruin the whole operation.

(Richard notices that the TMS poster behind the bar is crooked; he runs over and adjusts it, casting a shifty, secretive glance around the room.)

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
This is great! I love all the new people coming in and the way you're describing all the new places of Hensonville! Really enjoying this Ed!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Part 30...

The morning after crept up on the sleepy town of Hensonville, iluminating the highways and biways with the daily recommended amount of sunshine. A couple of rain clouds hung in the air, quickly shifting off to the edges, as if deciding it wasn't worth raining in full force. The Muppet Theater was quiet as a tomb, its two permanent residents having returned before the dawn. Jim's Coffee House was closed to the general public, as it was in need of cleaning after the party last night. The rest of the town woke up and followed suit, shops opening for business, the breakfast crowd at the Hensonville Hooper's Store somewhat light. Eduardo was coming back to his shop after leaving a bouquet of white flowers at the library... His roommate told him about the sisters' recent loss, and he thought this would be a fitting token.

Meanwhile, the Muppets all got their breakfast and sipped some hot chocolate or coffee or orange juice or milk or whatever else was fit for their consumption. The place was a bit more crowded than usual, a few of their friends bunking out over night while the rest went back to their rooms at the Muppet College Dormhouse.
Sadie and The Swedish Chef were among the first up, just before Kermit... Someone had to make breakfast for the hungry crew after all.
Sadie: "OK... That big feathered fellow gets the birdseed bagels... Camilla, see if you and the girls can get some eggs please... And Chef, remember to hide the cookies from that furry blue cookie-eater."

The gang spent the day relaxing about, though Super Grover was just sitting in a corner thinking of how he'd miss this place once they all went back home.
Kermit: "Everything OK Grover?"
SG: "Huh? Oh hello froggy baby... You know, you've made me feel quite welcome here in this cute little town of yours."
Kermit: "But?"
SG: "Um... How do I put this... We might be leaving back to Sesame Street soon."
Kermit: "Yes... And we have a surprise for you to see before you go."
SG: "Really?"

Kermit led Super Grover over to the line of Muppets standing in front of the living room cabinet. This was a double-shelved cabinet, reaching from the ceiling to the floor. Two clear plastic glass doors opened up, granting access to the shelves inside, brightened by various fluorescent light tubes.
Kermit: "OK guys... It's time to put our toys away."
Each of the Muppets had their figure in hand, Kermit handling his own and Uncle Deadly's since he couldn't be there fright now. They poured over how and where to place their figures, making sure there was enough room. Washcloths were used to gently rub away any dust, the pieces were counted and double-checked to make sure they were all complete.
After the Muppets were finished, only one last figure remained to be placed...
Kermit: "Grover, we're ready."
Super Grover took his own figure and placed it where it belonged...
SG: "OK... What about here with the phone booth?"
Kermit: "Uh no Grover... We're saving that space for some future figures Eduardo's friend's going to hopefully work on."
The frog was talking about the space to the extreme right on the fourth lefthand shelf from top to bottom, occupied by the phonebooth and Clifford with his spare guitar and Skeeter.
SG: "Then..."
Scooter: "Over here Grover, with my extra figure."
Beaker: "Meep meep."
SG: "Oh OK then."
The furry blue monster placed his superhero figure in the second floor balcony of the Backstage playset, among the other two Supergoofs with their props.

Kermit: "OK, time to close it up now."
The glass doors were closed and all stepped back to marvel at the collection. The red curtains were left open, making it look extra Muppety. Even Sam swelled up with pride at the sight.
SG: "Thank you everyboddeeeee... You've made this monster very happy."
Hugs were doled out between the cast assembled there just before a honk was heard outside.

Kyle: "Come on Grover... We're waiting for you!"
SG: "Commiiiiing!"
He dashed out of the Muppet Boarding House saying goodbye to his friends, satisfied in that he had made others happy as they had made him. True, he was still a bit sad over the fact that the rest of his Sesame friends wouldn't have figures to keep adding to the collection... But it was OK, because at least the figures that had been produced made a lot of people happy, including his Muppet family.

And that's a wrap... Hope you guys liked it.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Oh...I loved it all Ed! *hugs story* It's just so huggable and sweet!!!!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Awww, now that was a very nice ending. You really put alot of heart and soul into this story Ed, I really enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing it with us!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you all... Those who've helped out, those who've commented, and those who've silenty read it to themselves.
*Walks off the stage... There, that oughta cover just about everybody.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Bump! Bringing this one back to the top of the pile of books on the reading room's coffee table so those who haven't found it yet can have a chance to peruse its pages.