One mistake! PG-13ISH

Muppetgirl09

Reaction score
SUPRIZE!!!! I'm currently developing the sequel of this fan-fic, so if you liked this one...check it out! It's not posted just yet, so hold your horses. In translation for the city folk: Hold on, it's coming!

Muppetgirl09

Reaction score
Hi Muppetgirl09--welcome to Muppet Central and the Fan Fiction and Fan Art Boards. I am always happy to see new writers coming out and sharing their work with us.

While it should have been said in a more polite manner, I think it is worth thinking about when someone reads your story and comments about it. They have taken their time to let you know something about your story that they think you should know. Sometimes it is positive, and sometimes it is not, but feedback is almost always valuable in some way.

It is true that writers write primarily for themselves. Most writers would write even if there was no audience, but that does not mean that we should put our work out there without regard for the audience. It is considered good writing--and good writing manners--to do the best you possibly can to have correct grammar and spelling and punctuation. You do not have to be perfect. No one expects you to be perfect, especially when you are new and learning, but since you are posting for an audience--and not just for yourself--it is a courtesy to make your story the best it can be and as readable as possible.

Let me say right up front that I am the typo queen! It is much easier for me to copy edit things that others write because I read what they have written. When I read my own writing, sometimes I read what I meant to say instead of what actually made it onto the paper (or computer). Sometimes it helps to read your story out loud to yourself (or someone who likes your story!)--that's a great way to catch mistakes. Some writers like to use a beta--someone who volunteers to help proofread for you before your post a story.

As to story and characters--we learn as we go, but learning requires willingness to learn. Keep in mind that the stories who interest us most here at MC and the characters who will interest us most are the ones we already know. Stories and action centered around the characters we know and love will be more likely to be read. OCs (original characters) are just fine--we're all quite fond of OCs here, but make sure we get to know your characters through good character and plot development. Try to have a clear idea of what your story is about and where it is going. Whenever possible, show, don't tell. Let the readers "see" the action rather than just "telling" us about it.

I'm glad to see you are planning a second story, Dear. I hope you'll stick with it and finish the one you started here. That, too, is respectful to your readers and lets them know you don't take them for granted. Mostly, our folks here at MC are kind and friendly and helpful.

Again, welcome--keep at it!

Ruahnna
aka Auntie Ru

I wasn't trying to be rude, it's just how I was raised. Where I live, we have a different english language. Yes, no one's perfect in any way, but I will speak my mind. With all due respect, I'm not going to change, but I will be nice and kind. (I'm saying all of this in poilte manner.) Thanks!

~Katie(Muppetgirl09)

Last edited: