One Reality Exploitation Show Down...

Drtooth

Reaction score
... a million billion to go...

Kate Plus 8 CANNED

This is something that's time has come. On the one hand, I hate reality TV anyway, but this was a disgusting circus sideshow of a program. Of course, TLC (the channel FORMERLY about learning) is pretty much a circus freakshow network. We have such uplifting and enlightening programs like Half Ton Mom, Half Ton Son... the list of crazy obese people programs goes on. I don't even want to make a Sarah Palin joke... but seriously, their shows are disgusting.

So, does anyone feel sorry for an exploitative mother that used her kids as leverage to get money for essentially doing nothing? I sure as heck don't. Too bad she probably has a fortune socked away, I'd want to see her get a REAL job and really have to take care of her litter of kids.

TSSD

Reaction score
:smile::big_grin::flirt::news::crazy::laugh::super::wisdom::batty::insatiable::coy::excited::jim::big_grin:
There are no amount of smileys that can possibly explain how happy I am about this!

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Good. Now lets get rid of "Eleventy-Twelve" Kids and Counting.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
No it's not.

Kate was on Inside Edition the other day and said it was just a rumor "haters" started, and that TLC told her the she was still going.

One thing I don't understand is why Jon has made it on the list of the 10 most hated people in America, but not Kate... Jon's done more to stay out of the spotlight than Kate, Kate won't stay out of the spotlight, and, she cares more about finding a new man to date rather than taking care of those eight kids she dropped.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
One thing I don't understand is why Jon has made it on the list of the 10 most hated people in America, but not Kate... Jon's done more to stay out of the spotlight than Kate, Kate won't stay out of the spotlight, and, she cares more about finding a new man to date rather than taking care of those eight kids she dropped.
We don't really know their situation. It's hard to judge. And not wise to rely on entertainment media. :wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
We don't really know their situation. It's hard to judge. And not wise to rely on entertainment media. :wink:

They're both completely immoral on any count. infidelity or not... They both raised their kids on a television show for their own selfish purposes. They clearly had that many kids to be on television and parade them around to people who LOOOOOVE trashy television ironically (again, this is like buying books to burn them. If they have your money for the books, it doesn't matter what the math you do with them). They're both slimy, they both whine about how people hate their garbage show that shouldn't have been, they're both getting a free ride when there are so many people suffering and can barely afford to take care of their kids. What's to like?

Reality TV is the worst of humanity all rolled up into one. Sure, they can throw around the words "Social experiment" around all they want, it's still trash and people laughing at the misery and stupidity of others.

outerelf

Reaction score

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think I have a link you'll really like. 6 Scientific Reasons Reality Television will Cause the Apocalypse. Just take everything you see on the site with a grain of salt :wink:
Nothing I didn't think before :big_grin:, but thanks for sharing.

Reality television is a toxic environment on all sides. Apparently someone from The Real We Stole The Concept from Desperate Housewives of Beverly Hills committed suicide because he was having trouble with his marriage and the show producers wanted to exploit it. Of course, it's hard for me to feel sorry for a tax evading wife beater, but I'm surprised something like this didn't happen sooner with something else. It would be sick and plain nasty to say that was planned, though...

But I do think the Jon and Kate fiasco was. If nothing else, the scandal brought more attention to the show, and with it, more ratings. Like how the uproar and panic over Sesame Workshop's press release about "A Cookie is a Sometimes food" spread rumors of "Veggie Monster" causing caustic viewers to turn in to see Cookie eating cookies anyway.

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
When it comes to this show in my own opinion, the show shoulda been cancelled after the whole Jon stepping out with other ladies thing that happend. It was an interesting idea for a show and as long as they were having a good time with it (both parents and kids). But then it just got way too personal and i felt really bad for those kids (as i'm sure most other people do), and for Kate to continue like that....i just don't know about her. I do wish her kids the best of luck and hope all this stuff going on around them hasn't affected them too badly....
Wow..i kinda sounded like that lady from the Simpson's who always says "won't someone PLEASE think of the chldren!!" for a moment there.
If it isn't cancelled already, i really really hope that it does get cancelled so everyone can get back to their lives and move on the right way with it.

Nick22

Reaction score
I feel rully bad for those kids. They've spent their whole lives on camera being filmed every second. How can they develop as people? AND these kids have had to watch their parents' relationship deteriorate all over the media.