One Reality Exploitation Show Down...

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Does it make me a horrible person that I enjoy Toddlers and Tiaras? But its not really the show I like, I get enjoyment out of heckling it

Cake Boss is the only other TLC show I watch

TSSD

Reaction score
Does it make me a horrible person that I enjoy Toddlers and Tiaras? But its not really the show I like, I get enjoyment out of heckling it
Same here. It's just too much fun to mock them!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Wasn't there a guy back in 2009 or 2010 whostarted a one-man protest outside of the TLC headquarters, spouting off about how TLC was destroying the world by NOT encouraging people to protect the environment and the global population and such, and when the police tried to detain him, he shot and killed himself, like a martyr or something?
That was actually Discovery or something that actually has important programming on it. TLC is just... well, hyper obese and people with too many kids.

Errr... that's called watching it ironically. And I'm almost entirely convinced everyone that watches this stuff DOES watch it ironically. That stuff is best for things that are unintentionally horrid, like 1950's sci-fi movies and animes dubbed by Harmony Gold (other than Robotech, which they actually did a good job on). Toddlers in Tiaras bugs me because... well... multiple reasons I won't list. But remember when everyone was crying about how Britney Spears was sexualizing little girls? How come these "wholesome" people from "wholesome" states do the same thing and no one complains about it?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
But remember when everyone was crying about how Britney Spears was sexualizing little girls? How come these "wholesome" people from "wholesome" states do the same thing and no one complains about it?
Well there has been controversy here recently that the entire continent of Australia was wanting to ban that one little girl from Toddlers and Tiaras from "touring" down there, because they said they didn't want that kind of American trash to spread down there... but she and her mother went anyway, and the mother was even on a talk show, where she came under fire from one of the hosts about how a show like that was sexualizing little girls, and that some of the things her little girl, and others on the show and such do (like dancing in provactive ways) is just baiting pedophiles, to which the mother said these little girls don't even know what sex is, so they have no right to put those girls, and sex in the same sentence and imply they're being sexualized or are baiting pedophiles and such.

ut as I've said may, many, many times before, women in general are being sexualized, and as such, young girls out there really have no decent role models out there... I mean, we all know Miley Cyrus could not wait to tarnish her squeaky-clean Disney Girl image by dressing up like a stripper and pole dancing on an ice cream cart, and since Princess Diaries, has Anne Hathaway ever done a movie where she DOESN'T play a hoe? But then again, that's the society we live in today, society rarely frowns upon anything anymore... in fact, today's modern and comtemporary society encourages stuff like this anymore.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Well, as far as the sexualizing children thing goes, most of what those kids are wearing is like stuff I wore in dance class, and my mom would gob make up on and do my hair (I think this is the root of why I hate make up and dress boyish). But there is a fine line between slutty, and sexually appropriate for a girl of X age.

However, one thing I noticed is that their parents are teaching their kids that winning is everything. Some of those kids need to be smacked. One parent even said that her daughter hitting people was cute :eek:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Then of course there was that controversy last year where those group of second grade girls dressed in skimpy outfits and danced to Beyonce's "Single Ladies", which outraged a lot of parents saying it was inappropriate for girls that age to dress in such outfits and dance such moves, however the parents of those girls and the dance teachers insisted that those girls never even saw Beyonce's actual "Single Ladies" video, they were doing it because of The Chipettes.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
However, one thing I noticed is that their parents are teaching their kids that winning is everything.
Well some of these parents are trying to win in order to get the money for things like college for their kids. For many people there's no other options open to them, or very few. I can't entirely blame them for that. It's a tough world out there, especially during a recession.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well some of these parents are trying to win in order to get the money for things like college for their kids. For many people there's no other options open to them, or very few. I can't entirely blame them for that. It's a tough world out there, especially during a recession.
The recession has supposedly been "over" for a while now.

Of course, there's still the fears of a double-dip recession, but eh, this country's falling flat on it's donkey anyway... of course, if McCain won the election, we'd still have these problems, but there wouldn't be any blame game, because he would act like the country's doing great. Just like Bush did.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
*Reveals empty pockets* You're telling me.

BUM: *Runs in* CHANGE! YA GOT CHANGE?! COME ON, HELP A POOR GUY OUT! COME ON, CHANGE!

Okay, back on topic, y'know, our own Colbynfriends has this absoutely fantastic idea for a new reality exploitation show: get the Kardashians, the Jersey Shore gang, and others like them, put them on a plane, and film a reality show about the Bermuda Triangle, and see how THAT works out. :stick_out_tongue: :laugh: