1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Online Muppet Story Books

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Vic Romano, May 11, 2005.

1. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

It's a pretty good book; I think Bruce McNally did the pictures.
  2. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

I loved this book ever since I found it at my local library. I couldn't ever get tired of this book every time at the library "Mom get me the Muppet's go camping" book ok." and she would. I would get this book and wonder would I ever get tired of it. After four years (just kidding) I didn't ever get it again. It started getting cheaked out lots more then I had. I figured it had to be one of the little ones. I thought let him or her cheak it out and see how they love it. I enjoy the art and drawings of every character. I always would love to see this one and others like it turned into a Muppet Speical.

The Muppets Go Camping
    Written by: Jocelyn Stevenson, Designed & Illustrated by: Bruce McNally

Muppets Go Camping cover
    page 1
    page 2
    page 3
    page 4
    page 5
    page 6
    page 7
    page 8
    page 9
    page 10
    page 11
    page 12
    page 13
    page 14
    page 15
    page 16
    page 17
    page 18
    page 19
    page 20
    page 21
    page 22
    page 23
    page 24
    page 25
    page 26
    page 27
    page 28
    page 29
    page 30
    page 31
    back cover

There you go. Stay tuned for "The Case of the Missing Mother" book.
  3. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

Kyle... you frigging rock.
    :excited: :cool: :flirt:
  4. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

I bought that on Ebay. It's awesome. Thanks for sharing!
  5. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

Nice, but the Case of the Missing Mother is on Tough Pigs :smirk:
  6. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

I have two fraggle books: Best Friends, and What's a Fraggle? (I'm sure I had more as a child, but I believe they were sold :eek: )
    I also have two SS golden books (One is learning words of things around the street, the other is a guess who type game), and I also have Grover's Bad awful Day. I could probably get any of these books up for people to read, if noone has done those yet. Someone let me know.
  7. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Yea thanks for pointing that out. Then I'll do "The Case of the Missing Hat"

Hows that Barry? LOL
  8. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

"Best Friends" would be nice.

"Missing Hat" is good, too, but the illustrations are a bit on the odd side (Crazy Harry's green with a purple nose). Still a good item.
  9. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

Just to clarify what we have; the following are all the books posted here:
    [Courtesy of Tough Pigs:[/I]
    The Many Faces Of Ernie
    I'll Miss You Mr. Hooper
    I Can't Wait Until Christmas
    The Great Twiddlebug Mystery
    The Case of the Missing Mother
    Cookie Monster And The Cookie Tree
    And The Tale Of The Bunny Picnic, which no longer seems to have a working Link :o

Courtesy of the handsome Vic Romano: :rolleyes:
    Bo Saves The Day
    The Whale Tale
    Fozzie's Big Book Of Side Splitting Jokes
    Who Am I?
    Robin Hood

Courtesy the loveable Kyle
    The Muppets Go Camping

If you wanna' do "Case of the Missing Hat", Kyle go for it. I have it too but I'm planning on posting "Muppet Manners" by the end of the week.
  10. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

Muppet Manners (Or The Night Gonzo Gave a Party)
    By Pat Relf
    Illustrated by Tom Leigh

Back in 1981; this book was published through Random House Press IMHO as the silliest Muppet book ever printed, really capturing the humor of the Muppets. The art work (as usual) is beautifully stunning, but Mr. Leigh tends to take a more liberal approach to his versions of whatnots, for example; the waiter penguin on page 24 isn't a typical looking Muppet penguin! :zany:

Regardless, I hope you enjoy this book. For extra fun, I'm showing you this cool illustration that appears on the back of the book. Cool, right? Well if you really like it; use it as your own personal avatar! But enough of that, enjoy!

Cover/Page 1
    Page 2
    Page 3
    Page 4
    Page 5
    Page 6
    Page 7
    Page 8
    Page 9
    Page 10
    Page 11
    Page 12
    Page 13
    Page 14
    Page 15
    Page 16
    Page 17
    Page 18
    Page 19
    Page 20
    Page 21
    Page 22
    Page 23
    Page 24
    Page 25
    Page 26
    Page 27
    Page 28
    Page 29
    Page 30
    Page 31
    Page 32

:concern:
  11. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

It was ok. I really didn't enjoy that one. I'm not saying that I hate the muppets but this book didn't turn my head like the others did. It might be that it was all on Gonzo. I like Gonzo but not to much. If I find this book I'll still get it or buy it. Loved the art and all the other monsters and whatnots characters. Thanks Vic. Sorry not to put down the book. I'm just not feeling myself today. Don't think you did wrong. Thanks again.
  12. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Ooooh, contrary! I loved this one!!!! It was hilarious! Jus ta litte too much fish for my likeing...:p

And Piggy was *shiver*

But over all it was Great!
  13. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

I'll have to practice tap-dancing behind my napkin!
  14. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

:) ;)
  15. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Aw, this book is totally cute. It definately personifies random muppet fun. I liked how they were just throwing in nice long words that kinds would most likely not know the meaning of, like ocelot.
  16. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

Does anyone have "Kermit's Garden of Verses"?
  17. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

That was a geat book i have it but not on the web :(
  18. Effralyo

Effralyo Active Member

And I`d like to look at "Mokey & The Festival of the Bells". They say, there are neat Cantus pix in there...
  19. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

Another suggestion: "Gobo Fraggle and the Poison Cackler", in honor of Jerry Juhl.