Opinions Obliterated?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't recall you Snowth ever telling someone "Stop being optimistic!" You just said what you personally felt about a project and that was that. Well it should go both ways shouldn't it?
No, there's nothing wrong with being optimistic. It's a good way to be, it's healthy. I personally would LOVE to be what I call a "perma-optimist", and being able to see the bright side and silver lining of everything, but my problem is I didn't grow up with a normal childhood, and I don't live a normal life to this day, and as such, it's difficult for me to be optimistic about anything. That's not to say I'm pessimistic about everything either, it's just I prefer to have this kind of outlook on life: I'd rather not look forward to something and be pleasantly surprised, as opposed to get my hopes over something and be disappointed.

Perhaps I may be just a little TOO opininated, I do feel the need to speak my mind when I feel it really counts, but again, like I said, it's not just me, I see other people are now coming forward, speaking their minds as well, sharing their different opinions, only to be basically almost scolded like a little kid who doesn't do what the superiors want him to.
It's almost kind of like the way Caroll Spinney said Jon Stone was with him: on the set, they did work well, and were very professional with each other, but when the cameras weren't rolling, Jon basically treated Caroll like crap for reasons even Caroll never figured out.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
But I wouldn't worry. No need to do anything drastic. These things ebb and flow. People will get bored with sniping at each other, or else something major will happen that will get us all of our attention.
Agreed. And when it does get all of our attention, we will all respond in our own individual ways. Whether or not they fit with others. :wink:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'd rather not look forward to something and be pleasantly surprised, as opposed to get my hopes over something and be disappointed.
And I would argue that's not even being all that pessimistic. That's living in the real world. :wink:

I see other people are now coming forward, speaking their minds as well, sharing their different opinions, only to be basically almost scolded like a little kid who doesn't do what the superiors want him to.
There does come a point where we all just have to say "I don't like what they're saying, but they have every right to say it."

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And I would argue that's not even being all that pessimistic. That's living in the real world. :wink:
And again, that's basically how I've been trying to explain my opinions of past, and even THAT has ended up as cause for debate.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
And again, that's basically how I've been trying to explain my opinions of past, and even THAT has ended up as cause for debate.
Again, just way too much overreaction going on. And probably from us as well. If someone starts scolding us (and that is what it feels like sometimes, heh), we too can just move on and go to a different thread instead of helping an argument to continue. So someone says "you're being too negative." Who cares? Let them think that. We know what we really feel. And eventually someone else will probably just end up posting and moving the thread in a new direction anyway. Argument averted.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I see what you're getting at. But, while it is easy to be skeptical about another Muppet movie being made, think of it this way. This last movie was made for 45 million... that's chump change, and it made a modest 88 mil at the domestic box office. While it isn't a huge smash hit, it wasn't a budget busting bomb either. If you were Disney, would you rather make a <$50 million that gets its budget back and a little more or a >$100 million movie that completely flops and nets a huge loss for them.

If another Muppet movie is made and it costs, let's say, anywhere from 50-60 mil to make and it only gets like 41 mil at the box office, it's a small loss of around 10-20 mil, which they can easily make back with the merchandising alone of a sub standard performing Pixar film. But another Mars needs Moms or G-Force, they'd be reeling until the next Pixar film gets released.

So from a market standpoint, another Muppet film makes a LOT of sense for them. At worst, it's going to be a small loss that might even just be made back on DVD/Blu-Ray sales.

But as for the other negativity... lack of merchandising, forcing the features on a premium format for cheap marketing tactics, the lack of seasons 4+5... well, I guess we're ALL angry about that last one, but you just can't be annoyed by the other two for some reason. The fact that Disney Store Muppet plush constantly sell out, go for twice their value on amazon, and are highly sought by of all people, casual fans... well, that shows a HUGE short sightedness on Disney's part. And like I said, they have SOOO many Cars 2 toys, they have to clear them out.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I see what you're getting at. But, while it is easy to be skeptical about another Muppet movie being made, think of it this way.
Well see him saying that and you responding here, that's debating and that's fine. You're not telling him he's ruining your mood or the forum just by speaking his mind. That's where the problem has been.