Opinions Obliterated?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, the ironic thing is somehow the S4 and S5 DVDs haven't been cause for debate, any mention of that, everybody's like, "Aw, it's okay, SURELY Disney will come through for us whenever", but again, whereas news surfaces of an actual new project, such as a movie, special, etc, cast your doubts, and suddenly you're basically treated like a troll?

I just don't know... MC ain't perfect.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Well, the ironic thing is somehow the S4 and S5 DVDs haven't been cause for debate, any mention of that, everybody's like, "Aw, it's okay, SURELY Disney will come through for us whenever", but again, whereas news surfaces of an actual new project, such as a movie, special, etc, cast your doubts, and suddenly you're basically treated like a troll?

I just don't know... MC ain't perfect.
Well I hope we all get the message and work together to improve things here Snowthers. It all comes down to respect for others opinions. Needless arguments should be avoided. We want fun discussion at MC.

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
So far, so good in the two months I've been a member here - my "I'll believe it when I see it" post on the Sequel-Speculation thread seems to have been treated with respect, as were pretty much all the other posts I've left here.

I don't mind the No-Pessimism thread. I don't see it as a means of trying to shut down anyone who doesn't have a completely super-duper optimistic Magical Man From Happyland view of future Muppet projects. In fact, I'm going over there right now to comment on it.

But if you're been burned before, D'Snowth (or anyone else), I feel your pain - I had that happen to me on other online forums, including one that I moderate. Folks seem pretty respectful here at this point of MC's history, though.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
But if you're been burned before, D'Snowth (or anyone else), I feel your pain - I had that happen to me on other online forums, including one that I moderate. Folks seem pretty respectful here at this point of MC's history, though.
That's true Louis, in spite of the fact that even MC does have its faults, there's no other forum out there that has nearly the respectful community as we do: I've been at forums full of cynical, arrogant, cold-hearted people who take pleasure in treating others like crap, even the admins and mods would pick on members as well.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Folks seem pretty respectful here at this point of MC's history, though.
Overall, overwhelmingly yes. We are very lucky to have this place. :smile: I think this problem about "negativity" and "positivity" has only fairly recently noticeably gotten out of hand. Hopefully this will just blow over soon. :smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I've been at forums full of cynical, arrogant, cold-hearted people who take pleasure in treating others like crap, even the admins and mods would pick on members as well.
Oh I believe you, lol. Yeah I don't think that's what's happening here. It's just a lot of misunderstanding and mislabeling. The definition of a Pessimist is "a person who habitually sees or anticipates the worst or is disposed to be gloomy." And I really don't think anyone here fits that description and shouldn't be labeled as such. It does feel like a form of teasing after awhile.

But if it happens, oh well, like I said, move on. :cool:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
The problem is that its human nature to lash out against people who don't share your opinions then the other person defends themselves. There is a point when someone needs to say "enough is enough" and move on. And the problem is that people are just not doing that. Even when things do start to settle down, SOMEONE has to bring it back up, then another person defends that point and the whole thing starts all over again

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
The problem is that its human nature to lash out against people who don't share your opinions then the other person defends themselves. There is a point when someone needs to say "enough is enough" and move on. And the problem is that people are just not doing that. Even when things do start to settle down, SOMEONE has to bring it back up, then another person defends that point and the whole thing starts all over again
You are absolutely right and everyone is guilty of this.

Like I said, my main concern is it feels like it's developing into this school yard/McCarthy mentality of isolating a group of users as "the negatives" to be avoided and scolded. As a former camp counselor I've seen how easily this kind of isolation can happen, even among well intentioned people. That's mainly why I've been so concerned lately.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I'm glad you posted this thread Snowth
I totally agree with this thread. People are allowed to have their own opinions about everything. THIS IS A FAN FORUM ,PEOPLE! Just becuase someone dislikes something and you like it doesn't mean he's/she's bringing negativity to the forum.
I know recently with that whole Bonus features on the DVD story where Disney only put a blooper reel on the DVD, people were complaining that there is nothing for the people who don't own Blu-Rays. (I complained) and people were MAD at me for complaining that I'm bringing negativity to the people who are excited about the release! (You'll notice that all the people who said that OWN a Blu-Ray player, but that's not important.)
This is really getting ridicoulous.