1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Opinions Obliterated?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by D'Snowth, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Fair enough. I suppose there is no real way to title it without making at least one person or group feel excluded.

And because most people are happy with thir DVD players that work perfectly fine, there is no need to buy a blu ray player until their still functioning DVD player goes kablooie. And that is how most people feel. You cannot change someone's opinion unless they want their opinion to change. I think some people forget that :smirk:

heralde likes this.
  2. frogboy4 Inactive Member

That is true. Again, I felt that same sort of pain when the Muppets Inside video game wasn't available on Mac when that's all I had and that all the Muppet phone apps are now only available on iphones even though I don't own that device. I'm sure they could permit it to play perfectly fine on my smart phone, but what can you do?

I still don't understand why the Blu-debate is of much personal importance since you have a PS3 and those things are hella expensive! Totally envious, by the way. They also play Blu (and DVD), although it is my understanding that some users feel that playing movies can sometimes impact the game player. Also, the Playstation Network makes digital downloads so easy and attractive! Seeing that in person, I know that is the future. Still, I gotta love owning a physical copy of my favorite things.
  3. Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

I have horrible luck with electronics. Now I don't know whether or not it is true that watching movies on the system is bad for it (some claim it overworks the laser), but I don't want to risk it and have it die on me if it is true.

Still, I'm torn between the whole thing. In one respect, I should be glad I can watch them, but on the other hand, its more of a matter of principle that dvd users should not be punished because they can't watch blu rays. I realize that its all companies doing, this, and I agree people should not be mad at Disney. its just the way things are heading, and there is always that voice in the back of your mind saying by the time you get accustomed to blu ray the next thing will take over.
    frogboy4 likes this.
  4. heralde Well-Known Member

Exactly, I was fine with transitioning from VHS to DVD because it was a very obvious leap in technology that came with a lot of benefits. DVD to Blu Ray does not feel like the same major transition and just comes across as unnecessary and manipulative.
  5. frogboy4 Inactive Member

The digital download will probably take over...but not the rather limited digital download of today. The kind of version I'm thinking of will probably take several years to devise, implement and market. That said, I'm sure that even the initial offerings in that format will pale in comparison to future meatier versions and so on. It's the way of repackaging...forcing us to move forward. That's what drives the economy and it's healthy to measure that with some skepticism. It's still unlikely to change.

One thing I'm pleased about is that these deluxe Blu-ray versions seem to be complete. It doesn't look like they'll double dip with extra extras at the end of the year like so many other home video releases. However, we should all beware that some sites have rumored an extensive Blu-ray set that includes all of the Disney-distributed Muppet movies and who knows what extras they might tack on to enrich that release? That is, if they actually decide to do that. Just a heads up!
  6. Fraggline Active Member

I still like the VHS player we have in our house! Ah, fuzzy lines on the screen.
    heralde likes this.
  7. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Isn't that basically what just about all technology advances and such are these days? I mean do we really want or need to replace our perfectly working TVs with the 3D TVs, especially considering not too many people even like 3D anyway?
    frogboy4 likes this.
  8. heralde Well-Known Member

Not me. I already live in a 3 dimensional world, thank you. :)
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  9. Beauregard Well-Known Member

We also live in a loud, colorful world, but that doesn't preclude me from getting a tv that doesn't show movies exclusively in silent black and white... :halo:
  10. heralde Well-Known Member

See I'd probably love that, I watch TCM all the time, lol.
  11. Beauregard Well-Known Member

And that is why we love you :p
    heralde likes this.
  12. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I sure do like how you can't even make a simple statement around here anymore without someone biting your head off over being "pessimistic". :rolleyes:
    Bill Bubble Guy and heralde like this.
  13. Beauregard Well-Known Member

That's pessimistic in itself!!! *grabs custodian surprise cannon*

...I'm kidding.

(Am I?)
  14. frogboy4 Inactive Member

Joseph, the one and only contribution to the "pessimism-free" thread was a negative response to Cindy's post that praised the blitz of Muppet appearances on television.

I didn't bite off your head. You have a history of account suspensions for instigating arguments and other such behavior. I merely reminded you of that thread's guidelines. Can we have at least one place on Muppet Central Forums that's free from griping?

Life's not that bad and if it is you have the power to change it.

All of this recent bile has inspired me to think about making a new smiley for the forum.
  15. Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Please explain to me how his post was negative. I saw it as a statement of not seeing commercials. Its not like he said that the advertising sucks or something. Not to step on toes, but I believe you misinterpreted his post and overreacted because you are now the pessimism police.
  16. Drtooth Well-Known Member

I've often found that the ONLY technological advancements we're getting are exclusively in entertainment, and priced in such a way that the general public doesn't completely finish picking it up until it's just about to go obsolete. There's no sitdown and enjoy the flowers anymore, cause they keep putting new flowers constantly on the table.

I accept that to an extent, but 3-D TV's are going to be like Betamax or laserdisk... no one's really going to catch onto them. Especially since everyone's sick of 3-D now. It only looks good for a couple things anyway. I'll start to accept blu-ray, sure... but 3-D TV's? No way.

It took forever to see the commercials for the film's initial release... they didn't start really amping them up until 2 weeks before the film came out. Now that the DVD is out, I'm seeing a Muppet commercial just about every program break. I'm just kinda jealous at the attention that Europe has gotten... milk premiums, grocery store puppet premiums... hopefully by the next movie, we'll see a real flood of stuff. But I'll be very disappointed if the Disney Store doesn't have anything when the DVD hits the shelves.

Still, it's a FAR better time to be a Muppet fan than most other franchises. TMNT only has the IDW comics going for it, with a hopefully not terrible cartoon, and a clearly terrible movie Christmas after Next... and I've been following the Mega Man fandom for a while, and they've been screwed out of 2 games. Other than a great comic book and a weird DLC playable Bad Box Art Mega Man in a Street Fighter game (that I don't think anyone really appreciates or sees the satire in), they really haven't had much to look forward to.

We got a movie, and no one thought we would have.
  17. Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Thats not really answering my question but good to hear your insight ;)
  18. Drtooth Well-Known Member

I actually checked out his message from the other thread and found the answer...

He wasn't watching the shows that the thing was advertised during. I replied there... basically, if you don't watch certain things on TV, you don't get the specific advertisements for that demographic. I can't be a judge on if this was on kid's TV, since I do all my cartoon viewing online anyway. Mainly because I don't have cable.
  19. heralde Well-Known Member

Right but the issue is someone saying they hadn't seen any commercials yet is hardly pessimistic.
    Bill Bubble Guy likes this.
  20. Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Exactly. He never said that there were no commercials, all he said was that he hasn't seen them [because he doesn't watch the stations the commercials are commonly seen on].
    Bill Bubble Guy likes this.