Oscars 2013

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I haven't seen ParaNorman yet, I'll see if I can rent it later, but Frankenweenie was a full-Tim Burton project.
He originally made the short film with the same name in 1984, but Disney banned it as too scary. Now, they gladly allowed him to re-do the movie and he decided to make it in clay-mation.
He directed the film and I believe was in charge of a lot of the puppeteer-ing in the movie.

Even if he didn't work on it, it still deserves the Oscar and I really think it'll help it, since it lost a lot of money to Hotel Transylvania.
(Random fact: Tim Burton used to be a puppeteer for the Muppets, he did many backaround characters, including the final scene in The Muppet Movie)

You guys realize you're illustrating the same thing heralde and Drtooth and every body have been saying about award shows all this time, about how fixed they are...
Sorry, you lost me there, I didn't understand. :confused:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I didn't say it wasn't a full Burton project. I was referring to the Nightmare Before Christmas, where he has his name everywhere on it, but didn't work on the movie at all. And everyone thinks he directed it, which he didn't. He is a horrible director. And yes, I am fully aware of the Frankenweenie short. Back when Burton wasn't full of himself and had an inflated ego.

Don't try to school me on Tim Burton. I'm an ex fan of him, so I already know anything you could possibly tell me

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I was never a fan of him and still am not. I just really enjoyed Frankenweenie, it was his best since the 90's.
Trust me, just watch it.

Hayley B

Reaction score
For best animated picture. I kept thinking between Brave and Frankenweenie. I've only fully seen Brave. I'm watching Frankenweenie now as we speak.

I've only seen a little bit of ParaNorman. For all I saw, I thought was good. Made me think of Sixth Sense at bit. I need to take the time to fully watch it though.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Yeah........but just because Burton is so famous and popular doesn't mean he needs to win. ParaNorman has no chance of winning because it's made by a smallish, relatively unknown company, which is really a shame. It makes smaller companies that do amazing work pushed into the background and ignored

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Back when Burton wasn't full of himself and had an inflated ego.
I'm pretty sure the same can be said for Seth MacFarland.

Some one he's actually hosting the Oscars this year... when did that happen? Last I heard, Tina Fey and Amy Poehler were co-hosting. Or was that the Golden Globes? Gah! I can't keep up with all this crap!

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
All I know is I don;t watch awards shows because they make me mad

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, looks like Seth IS the one hosting the Oscars after all.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Yes he is. (Gosh, what happened to the world?)
Tina Fey and Amy Poehler are co-hosting the Golden Globes, which I thought Ricky Gervais usually does...? :confused:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I thought Gervais was forbidden from hosting any thing any more because his humor is "too offensive"?